Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 03-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

^
Oh no...
I managed today without crying over the ending of TVD, but then I just watched the video you posted, AlwaysCB, and now I am sobbing, ugly crying and an emotional mess.

This is by far the best SC fanvideo I've ever seen.
Thanks for posting!

This video here is also so sad yet so beautiful

Quote:
I feel like if Stefan was fighting to live it would hurt less but the fact that he was so hopeless is what hurts the most for me.
Yes, ElenaBelle, that's exactly how I feel. Stefan just got married to the love of his life, yet he was willing to sacrifice himself only a couple of hours later. His hopelessness is what hurts the most.

And with regards to the thread title, I would love to have "MARRIED" in the title. But I'm also okay with how it is now.

Last edited by Hummelchen; 03-12-2017 at 02:39 PM
Old 03-12-2017, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

I love those vids where they tell the full story. But I can't watch right now Maybe in a few days time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummelchen (View Post)

Yes, ElenaBelle, that's exactly how I feel. Stefan just got married to the love of his life, yet he was willing to sacrifice himself only a couple of hours later. His hopelessness is what hurts the most.
Yeah it's why I'm using a term like clinical depression since it's the only thing that makes sense to me. Because you have your good and your bad days. You have moments where you think things will be okay. Caroline was like a bandaid to a wound that couldn't heal At the very least he was suffering from PTSD. The amount of emotional and physical pain they put him through in those 5 days that he was human. Just wow. How Stefan was able to walk around like that after all those injuries I have no idea tbh
Old 03-12-2017, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Of course people have a right to be upset. and I have a right to say that people should get over it. I'm slightly kidding, but I dont think its gonna help anything at all to constantly just be bitter for the rest of your life about it. I mean, it is what it is.

I mean, I am upset too, of course I am. I would have written it differently. But its too painful for me to just be upset and think about the what ifs.

Quote:
I think I was in denial when watching and the couple of hours afterwards. I wasn't paying proper attention tbh so I didn't really take in everything during the episode. But afterwards when it sank in and I spoke to my friends and especially thinking of how tragic Stefan's life has been since the pilot that's when the tears came. And they came quite a few times during the day whenever I spoke to someone about the episode Even reblogging a gifset of a scene from the ep got me tearing up. I was legit quickly scrolling passed gifsets so I wouldn't have to look at them. I don't think I can watch any SC scenes for a while.
This was me. Watching the finale i was totally fine. I teared up a bit but it didnt hit until I went to bed that night and really thought about it. I got really sad thinking about Stefan not getting to be with Caroline. But as the days go by its getting a lot easier to handle.

Quote:
I feel like if Stefan was fighting to live it would hurt less but the fact that he was so hopeless is what hurts the most for me
I would have been way more upset had he chosen to live and wanted to be with Caroline but then he ended up dying by accident or because he couldnt get out. That would have made me way sadder. I understand and get the "suicide goal" frustration but i think different rules apply here. Hes been a vampire along time. He's lived a really long life and longer than he ever would as a human. He felt that dying would give him peace and as far as we know it did. And its not like he just offed himself randomly, he was doing it to save his brother, to save the town, to take out Katherine... i mean, he was doing it for a good reason, he didnt go into the episode thinking/knwing he was going to die. The fact that he saved his brother and allowed his brother to be happy with Elena just warms my heart so much, and makes me love Stefan so much and its completely in his character to do that. So in that way, I can find joy in what he sacrificed. Its sort of like the prison break ending..

Spoiler:

Quote:
JP said he died to get peace implying he never would have been happy. My solace is that he isn't suffering anymore.
This is what I have to take from it. That if he had chosen to live, his guilt still would have consumed him. I'm choosing to believe that he is much happier now that he is with Lexi in the afterlife, away from his brother for a while and all the past mistakes. And eventually, when Damon comes to join him and Caroline, he will be his happiest with no extra baggage. Its cheesey but eh, it helps.

Quote:
Stefan will always be her true love and she will never stop loving him
100%. They are endgame in my eyes even if other people disagree. Even if we see Caroline on the originals with someone else. To me, it doesnt matter. Stefan died as her HUSBAND. And she his wife. His HUMAN LIFE and life on earth ended with him loving Caroline. His final message was delivered to her that he loved her. That means everything to me. And as a fan of steroline since 101 when I never thought it would happen, I am thrilled. Season 4-Season IMO revolved around them and their love and their journey and it ended with marriage.

Quote:
I forgot to add that if other people want the 'MARRIED' then I don't mind it being added. Other posters can give their input and then decide.
Well I dont think it needs to be a vote? I mean, if one poster wants it, i dont see why they cant have it. Whoever opens the thread can decide how they want to title it.... Its not like it has to stay permanently.

Good luck being a casual viewer! lol. That would never work for me.

Last edited by Alexa; 03-12-2017 at 11:23 PM
Old 03-12-2017, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay If I want to stay bitter that is my problem and no one else's. It's not like I am clogging this thread up with doom and gloom. I am annoyed and sad about Stefan's ending, it was disturbing and not at all the happy ending I wanted for Stefan or SC. And most of all I don't feel like he died for a good cause at all
Old 03-13-2017, 12:28 AM
Master Fan

^ Heh, I don't feel like he died for a good cause either. Of all of people it's not Damon that deserved to be called a better man than Stefan... Imo it's just SICK that Stefan died so DE could have their happy human life... after everything they made him go through! I can't even.

Imo this plan of theirs was stupid as frak, if it involved someone dying then they just should've stop Vicky from ringing the bell, chain her to a wall or something. Or, even if they wanted to go with that plan, the person that was holding Katherine did not need to stand in hallway in which the hellfire was flowing through, why not just... throw her uncoscious body at fire. IDK, if I'm making any sense...

I see as SC being endgame too... for now. For all we know Caroline could go to TO and start something with Klaus, as hinted in the finale. But right now, both SC love each other very much and Caroline believes she'll see him again someday...
Old 03-13-2017, 12:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

I would have been way more upset had he chosen to live and wanted to be with Caroline but then he ended up dying by accident or because he couldnt get out. That would have made me way sadder. I understand and get the "suicide goal" frustration but i think different rules apply here. Hes been a vampire along time. He's lived a really long life and longer than he ever would as a human. He felt that dying would give him peace and as far as we know it did. And its not like he just offed himself randomly, he was doing it to save his brother, to save the town, to take out Katherine... i mean, he was doing it for a good reason, he didnt go into the episode thinking/knwing he was going to die. The fact that he saved his brother and allowed his brother to be happy with Elena just warms my heart so much, and makes me love Stefan so much and its completely in his character to do that. So in that way, I can find joy in what he sacrificed. Its sort of like the prison break ending..
What warmed my heart was when Damon 'compelled' Stefan. And had he died I would have found it heroic but I just can't see that with Stefan. I know these writers probably weren't intending for it to come across as suicide but in those five days he was a human he almost died every single day. He was bleeding out to death in 8x12 and 8x13 ready to die, he went up against the Devil in 8x14 which if I'm not mistaken Damon called a suicide mission. And before that he was forced into working for Cade, was on the run from Rayna for three years. I was trying to think when was the last time that Stefan's life was good and I thought it was probably before he met Katherine but then I remembered that actually not because he was sad over losing his mom for years. And before she died he had to deal with a physically abusive father. So basically Stefan has been suffering since he was a child. I've never known a fictional character with this much tragedy. I can only think of HTGAWM and
Spoiler:

I didn't finish Prison Break but I know about the death. I always meant to go back and finish it but now that you mention how tragic it was maybe I shouldn't. But because of the revival they reversed the tragedy so maybe I will

Quote:
This is what I have to take from it. That if he had chosen to live, his guilt still would have consumed him. I'm choosing to believe that he is much happier now that he is with Lexi in the afterlife, away from his brother for a while and all the past mistakes. And eventually, when Damon comes to join him and Caroline, he will be his happiest with no extra baggage. Its cheesey but eh, it helps.
But that's what makes it more sad for me. That they admitted he was a hopeless case.

Quote:
Well I dont think it needs to be a vote? I mean, if one poster wants it, i dont see why they cant have it. Whoever opens the thread can decide how they want to title it.... Its not like it has to stay permanently.
I meant if anyone wants the Married on this thread. It might take a while to get to the next one.

Quote:
Of course people have a right to be upset. and I have a right to say that people should get over it. I'm slightly kidding, but I dont think its gonna help anything at all to constantly just be bitter for the rest of your life about it. I mean, it is what it is.

I mean, I am upset too, of course I am. I would have written it differently. But its too painful for me to just be upset and think about the what ifs.
For some people it really helps to complain about it We all deal with things differently. But the few times that I've got invested in something and was disappointed my way to deal with it was to just ignore the show and not talk about it at all. I have this idea that I don't want the writers to 'win' by having power over me if that makes sense I've sort of given myself a deadline and today is the last day I'm complaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
^ Heh, I don't feel like he died for a good cause either. Of all of people it's not Damon that deserved to be called a better man than Stefan... Imo it's just SICK that Stefan died so DE could have their happy human life... after everything they made him go through! I can't even.

Imo this plan of theirs was stupid as frak, if it involved someone dying then they just should've stop Vicky from ringing the bell, chain her to a wall or something. Or, even if they wanted to go with that plan, the person that was holding Katherine did not need to stand in hallway in which the hellfire was flowing through, why not just... throw her uncoscious body at fire. IDK, if I'm making any sense...

I see as SC being endgame too... for now. For all we know Caroline could go to TO and start something with Klaus, as hinted in the finale. But right now, both SC love each other very much and Caroline believes she'll see him again someday...
The better man line should not have been there because it just makes no sense. Stefan's no saint but come on now that was ridiculous.

Yeah there were a lot of plotholes with the plan. They just needed to kill him. From what I'm seeing in post finale interviews is that it seems KW is the one who made the choice and I think the only way Stefan was coming out of that finale alive was if he was ending up with Elena. It really sucks to think that he never mattered as a character and in KW's mind was only important because of a ship.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 03-13-2017 at 12:53 AM
Old 03-13-2017, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can add the Married if that is what people want..... I mean they are married
Old 03-13-2017, 01:02 AM
Master Fan

^ Go for it, I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle
KW is the one who made the choice and I think the only way Stefan was coming out of that finale alive was if he was ending up with Elena. It really sucks to think that he never mattered as a character and in KW's mind was only important because of a ship.
So incredibly stupid... so the brother who won Elena's heart got to live a happy life and the other one had to die? It's baffling... if I've had my hand in it I would either kill both brothers, or just Elena. So there wouldn't be any "winning" sides, and we wouldn't have to hear which brother is a better person and deserves Elena more.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)

So incredibly stupid... so the brother who won Elena's heart got to live a happy life and the other one had to die? It's baffling... if I've had my hand in it I would either kill both brothers, or just Elena. So there wouldn't be any "winning" sides, and we wouldn't have to hear which brother is a better person and deserves Elena more.
Yup. Tbh I don't even think he's even watched the show since S3. Maybe heard about what was happening sure...but not watched it. In S3 I remember here on some people called it TOD for the triangle of death and that's what it ended up being. All these characters just feel like pawns now of simplistic storytelling. They said the original endgame idea in S2 was both brothers watching from the other side while Elena lived her life. They would have never killed Elena since she was the main character and that's it really. Because I can't even say they cared enough about her either. Didn't she deserve more screentime in the finale?

So really to me it feels like they had this checklist of what a story needs but never thought about what the characters needed. Because 'Somebody had to die' was on the list and now I'm hearing that if it wasn't Stefan it could have been Bonnie which would have been just as if not more terrible. There've been plenty of times JP would make comments about people thinking too deeply when they brought up problematic writing. They lacked any kind of depth in their storytelling and it ended up being shallow. I'm annoyed with myself because back in S4 when I noticed how problematic the writing was I still continued watching this show. I only have myself to blame

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 03-13-2017 at 01:44 AM
Old 03-13-2017, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

^ What is "TOD"? Other than that, I agree. Such a shame because I predicted Stefan dying sometime ago. It seemed SO obvious. Bonnie possible dying is even more . Didn't she died like a hundred times already? What's the point? I thought KW is better than that.

I was surprised by the lack of Elena's screentime. It seems that Nina spend more time playing Katherine. It's true though that writers don't care about her character that much either. If they did, they would make Elena realize she's better off without vampire brothers in her life, and she would separate herself from them. Especially from the one that killed her own brother... just saying. Or maybe they care, but just can't see how problematic and unrealistic their writing is? IDK. All I know is that I won't watch their shows anymore. And even if Caroline goes to TO, I still won't watch it.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:51 AM
Master Fan

It was the abbreviation. Triangle Of Death.

Same. A couple of years ago I may have been interested in seeing Caroline on TO but not anymore. I watched a full season of that show and lets just say I have nothing good to say so I'll just keep quiet
Old 03-13-2017, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Thanks. It literally was a triangle of death... and a loser dies. Who knew they'll take this literally.

It is possible to say anything good about a show in which the main characters is Klaus? Kidding, kidding... or not.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Did you guys read this??? This honestly makes me sick
Quote:
"There was a conversation on the table where Stefan and Caroline [Candice King] were going to leave Mystic Falls and take off together and find special, gifted children and bring them to the school and take care of them," Williamson reveals. "That would be his living amends. But for all the harm and death Stefan has caused, I was like, 'Really?' I don't really see Stefan as being a nun. If Stefan was really going to make things right, he should die for his brother. He should give his brother what his brother really wants, which is a human life and humanity and the woman that he loves."
https://www.bustle.com/p/stelena-alm...lliamson-43613
KW really makes me angry
Old 03-13-2017, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Oh my... I can't even. What is KW smoking? On what earth Stefan needed to sacrifice everything for Damon? The person who's been a much bigger d*ck to him than Stefan ever was?

After reading the whole article, me thinks KW is such a big SE fanboy that he couldn't handle Stefan ending up with anyone else than Elena. Ane he wanted Nina back for an entire season, so he could have SE... man, he seriously does not knows his own show. It looks like he has no idea what happened on the show since he left it. There's no way they could make SE being back together look realistic. Way too much has happened. But who cares about logic - certainly not KW...