Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

Add me? I enjoyed their scenes and am glad Damon has someone to talk to about his 'Elena problem'
Old 11-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well.. she asked him to show her his good side, I guess she got what she asked for

he showed her all sorts of sides.

okay, that sounds awful. LOL.

About the fact that we e v o l v e.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

and yet.. very true.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

i too love that he picked her up and helped her. and he genuinely looked sad for her. and she got his personality.

and he trusted her too! she told him too and at the end he was like "i believe you."

and i love that she can read him.

i think they are a nice distraction for me.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

Yeah. They seem to relate to one another very well and even though she is older and stronger than him she doesn't hold that power over him unless he calls for it
Old 11-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Added you Lisa, dear!

I want to see them having some funny banter in the next episode. Something that shows in a short amount of time they have become quite close. Besides I liked their little banter in this episode...
Love crime

LOGH
Schumiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)
Welcome everyone!

I don't really see chemistry between them but I think they make good friends. Damon could use an older vampire friend to vent off to and call him out on his crap when he is "pretending". In a way I think it helps him out in figuring the "vampire" stuff as well as accepting his own humanity/feelings better.

Her explanation about the switch was very interesting, how they have it as a newborn but couple hundred years later it is no longer there. That may be why so many of the "older" vampires we have met seemed more interested in making it work with humans, I guess. And Damon finding out there is no way back, not really is probably going to help him along with motivating him more to find a way to deal with having emotions more as his "switch" has certainly entered its "malfunction" mode.

And I also absolutely loved how he took care of her when she was hurt, taking her to safety, trying to calm her down, "feeling" for her. I like it when we see his softer side like that.

I have a weird fondness for that "after sex" pose they had with Damon's head resting way back, looking at the ceiling. One gets the impression they have been talking a lot and it somehow lifting some weight off him, like he really needed to talk to someone and finally has a person.
ITA!! I said the same thing! I mean seriously, the vampires on this show is cooler than the humans

But I really, really, reallly wanted Slater to stay around, at least for a few more episodes. Slater and Rose really brings out something in Damon, the need and true desire for friends. I don't think Damon is used to people treating him nice and with respect right off the back, especially people around his age and experience group.

I think his head went back on the part when she told him that there really was no switch! That after 200 years, you are really just pretending I mean Damon is pushing 200 himself so I think the realization that there is really no way to turn off those "feelings"; that is what made him throw back his head like that. Like he just was like "damn"!

You can add me too
avaSpeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Add me. I love their friendship and I think it's nice that they both have someone now to talk to. I mean Damon doesn't have any friends that he can talk to about his 'Elena problem' and Rose just lost her best friend. They kind of need each other right now. I'm excited to see more scenes from them.
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Endless Obsession ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
But I really, really, reallly wanted Slater to stay around, at least for a few more episodes. Slater and Rose really brings out something in Damon, the need and true desire for friends. I don't think Damon is used to people treating him nice and with respect right off the back, especially people around his age and experience group.
I wanted Slater to remain around too. And IA, Damon really needs to see people treat him nice and with respect and acknowledge him as a good person to get over his self-worth problems and I think Rose did that splendidly when she pointed out how he reminds her of Trevor who had the tough guy exterior that Damon has and probably had a tendency to rub people off the wrong way initially like Damon does due to how rude and impatient he can be but was, in the end, he best friend anyone could ever wish for. He KNOWS that was a huge compliment on her part and that it was genuine. People keep pointing out his many failures and mistakes and not so good sides to Damon but so few people acknowledge not just the good in him but his good traits that make him a "worthy" friend and a valuable person.
Love crime

LOGH
Old 11-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

^ Very true. Actually, Rose comparing Damon to Trevor, her friend whom she nearly died for, speaks volumes and it is indeed a huge compliment. I loved Trevor, and wish he would've stayed longer, but we all know TVD...

Anyway, rewatching Katerina, rewatching the DR scenes was also really good. I enjoy them a lot. Now I'd like to see more DR bonding in the next few episodes as well

And with that - I'm off to bed

MissDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Please add me!
They had so much chemistry!
vale decem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Added you Aurora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDK (View Post)
^ Very true. Actually, Rose comparing Damon to Trevor, her friend whom she nearly died for, speaks volumes and it is indeed a huge compliment. I loved Trevor, and wish he would've stayed longer, but we all know TVD...

Anyway, rewatching Katerina, rewatching the DR scenes was also really good. I enjoy them a lot. Now I'd like to see more DR bonding in the next few episodes as well

And with that - I'm off to bed

Lala! It was indeed a huge compliment. I wish Trevor & Slater could both stick around, but yes, TVD does like to kill off its guest stars...

To be honest, I also fear for Rose. You know how I am paranoid when it comes to people Damon cares for as I am sure as part of his redemption arc he will be made to suffer a loss -that is why I was very scared for Liz and do worry about Alaric too. But now that Rose is introduced and she had such a great understanding of Damon and was able to get him to open up to herself so easily, I think Rose may end up being the sacrifice. She will become someone who matters to Damon in a very short time, being like the one person in his life who never really saw any part of him as "bad" or as a "failure" and help along with his self-worth issues, serving to fill a much needed place in his life, and I think she'll be taken from him in the end...
Love crime

LOGH
Old 11-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

did anyone else notice how freaking gorgeous she was in the flashback?

sounds mean, but i'd ship them ore if she looked as pretty as lauren usually does.LMAO.

its funny because i think by this time damon probably would have tried to kill rose but i think his change of heart in recent episodes has really changed who he is. he seemed to listen to her more and care about her more than he normally would. but i like it, its a nice change.

ive already heard people saying damon is boring now. good grief. he can never win.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shadowhunters

Welcome all.I am a bit confused on what they were trying to switch off? and how hooking up with each other helped?

Rose did look good with long hair.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

Jules, their emotions.

I agree, I really liked Rose's hair in the flashback.