Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

So he hasn't had much luck with TV shows since DC. Til now.

I loved his Scream and I know what you did last summer movies.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

yeah I don't know what happened. He was known for being a brilliant horror writer (still is obviously) but his scary shows never took off before now.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 10-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, seems he has had more luck with Movies, than TV shows
Old 10-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

yeah. that's ok, though. right place right time. Vampires are all the rage right now.

I'm off to bed. nighty.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 10-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

They sure are

Night
Old 11-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Two new interviews

Kevin Williamson: I want to make Taylor Swift a vampire!

Click the link for the full interview, here are my fav parts.

Quote:
PW: Is Damon your favorite character to write for?
Kevin: Clearly I enjoy writing him, but more than that I love putting the brothers together because they're so different and opposing. The more you put Stefan with Damon, the more Stefan comes to life in these future episodes. I'm having fun opening him up because that's the ultimate arc. Stefan's going against the grain by denying his nature and everything he knows. He's got the true inner struggle, which is what takes us over the long haul, whereas Damon will always be Damon.

PW: If Stefan is the protagonist, I wonder if you could envision a "Vampire Diaries" without Damon?
Kevin: Oh god, I don't even want to contemplate that at the moment. Please tell me you're talking season four. I mean, there can always be changes, I'm sure there's a third Salvatore brother out there, but let's not bring him in just yet.
And this one

More TV Vampires?? Thank Kevin Williamson | Jim Halterman

Quote:
JH:: What was it about the books that attracted you to it?

KW: I’m a sucker for epic love stories and it has sort of that epic love. Also, when I was reading the book once you get past the Twilight setup it really is its own monster, it’s own story and it takes a different path from the Twilight story and True Blood story. I thought it was a sexy Dark Shadows. I loved Dark Shadows as a kid and I’ve always wanted to do a show like that. I remember talking to the WB about Dark Shadows years ago and I thought it would be kind of fun.

JH:: How closely do you follow the Vampire Diaries books by L.J. Smith?

KW: We’re using them as a template but I feel like we keep expanding on everything L.J. created and we keep what she has but we have 22 episodes so we try to hit the tent poles of the book.

JH:: How difficult was it to find good-looking CW-type actors who could actually act?

KW: Well, you know, it takes a village and it took me and Julie and a wonderful casting director. You know what, [Warner Brothers Television President] Peter Roth hired us and we looked at every single actor in the universe and then we cast Nina [Dobrev, who plays Elena], who came into our lives through a video audition. She got the part through a videotape. Ian [Somerhalder, who plays evil Damon] worked hard for the role and he earned it. Paul Wesley [who plays good Stefan] came in the very, very beginning and we thought he was a great actor but we didn’t have our Elena yet so we couldn’t make a decision. So we brought him in 12 times and finally when we had Nina we brought him in to read with her and that was it.

JH:: The back-story element with Damon, Stefan and Katherine is so rich. Is that something we’re going to see more of this season?

KW: I think we’ll see more of that periodically. We’re doing another flashback episode right now – episode 12 – and we’re actually going to go back in and show a little bit more and open it up a little bit. I think it’s important to do it if it’s going to propel our story forward.

JH:: The show is obviously not afraid of killing off people but what do you do when audiences connect with a character but then get mad when that character is killed? I personally was a big fan of Vicki (played by Kayla Ewell) so was sad to see her die.

KW: Yes, of course I’m respectful of that. The thing about Vicki is I thought if I did my job people would like her. It was really hard and I made sure you cared about her through Jeremy. By killing her, I thought it set a precedent that we will go there and it was so early in the show that I felt we could get away with it. I don’t want to turn off the audience by killing off a popular character but you have to do it. It’s a vampire show.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

here is an interview with KW at Media Week

Old 02-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kevin as joined the Secret Circle

Kevin Williamson Joins CW’s ‘Secret Circle’, ‘Vampire Diaries’ Companion Show On Hold – Deadline.com

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: First the bad news: Kevin Williamson's potential companion series to Vampire Diaries is not happening, at least for now. The Vampire Diaries co-creator Williamson has notified the CW that his busy schedule on Diaries, which he is executive producing with fellow co-creator Julie Plec, has not allowed him to focus on fleshing out and writing the new project, about a group of people who investigate paranormal happenings.

Now the great news. Williamson has come onboard another CW drama project, Secret Circle, which is based on a three-book series from The Vampire Diaries author L.J. Smith. It centers on a California teen who moves to her mom's hometown of New Salem and discovers that she is a witch. To complete the reunion, the project hails from Alloy Entertainment and WBTV, the companies behind Diaries. It was first set at the CW in October with Angel alums Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain as executive producers and Andrew Miller as writer/exec producer. Williamson is now working on the script and serving as an executive producer on the project, which, with its auspices, has emerged as a strong contender for a pilot pickup. Just like with the potential Diaries companion, on which there was talk about Plec joining Williamson, while not currently attached to Secret Circle, Plec could come on board in the future.

In each of the past 3 years, the CW ordered 6 hourlong pilots. So far this season, the network has ordered 5 pilots: Danni Lowinski, Awakening, Hart of Dixie, Heavenly and Cooper and Stone. In keeping with tradition, the network will likely make another pickup, with Secret Circle and the music-flavored Acting Out among the top candidates.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats for KW!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 03-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

I love him !
Old 04-04-2011, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I miss when he used to tweet more but I guess he's busy w/ all the writing.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-21-2011, 05:06 AM
Elite Fan

Can I be added?

Old 04-21-2011, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

welcome
Old 04-21-2011, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Jen

Old 05-07-2011, 01:31 AM