Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagrey13 (View Post)
well I know that LJ Smith was approached by her publishers to write them a teen vampire series and yes she created the story and characters but it doesn't mean that the publishers don't get any creative say in them. I don't see why readers shouldn't be allowed to be open minded and continue reading the series. if you don't want to read the rest of them then thats fine but I don't get why your in this thread then

I'm only stating the fact that this is fan fiction. If I were to write fan fiction, I wouldn't be able to open a thread for it. Would I? I wouldn't be able to sell it and pass it off as my own. I wouldn't be able to use LJ Smith's name. Clearly this doesn't bother you, though..?

Elena Gilbert ღ Damon Salvatore
Sofia | Elena Gilbert Stan
Old 05-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaDamonForev (View Post)
I'm only stating the fact that this is fan fiction. If I were to write fan fiction, I wouldn't be able to open a thread for it. Would I? I wouldn't be able to sell it and pass it off as my own. Clearly this doesn't bother you, though..?
and Im stating that this is LEGALLY not fanfiction so thats why theres a thread for it. your allowed to create a thread for each of the vampire diary books. fanfiction made by fans is a whole different story because you don't own any of the rights to the series.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
and Im stating that this is LEGALLY not fanfiction so thats why theres a thread for it. your allowed to create a thread for each of the vampire diary books. fanfiction made by fans is a whole different story because you don't own any of the rights to the series.
The ghost writer doesn't own rights, clearly LJ doesn't either. It IS fan fiction. LJ wanted a DE endgame from the get-go. that was taken from her.

Elena Gilbert ღ Damon Salvatore
Sofia | Elena Gilbert Stan
Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The ghost writer doesn't own rights, clearly LJ doesn't either. It IS fan fiction. LJ wanted a DE endgame from the get-go. that was taken from her.
The publishers own the books and they tell the ghost writer what they want her to write. Think about movies that have sequels or tv shows where the creator leaves the show and lets someone else take over. there are different people who write the sequels or shows but because they still are aired or distributed its canon to the series. fanfiction is anything that pretty much FANS write for fun and just shared with other fans. Phantom isn't being written by a fan obviously because it is being released as part of the series legally.

and btw, LJ Smith NEVER said she wanted a DE endgame. she wrote on her blog before she got fired that she was soooooo far away from endgame and she was actually going to drag out all the couples throughout the new trilogy. She told all the SE, DE, and DB fans that so I don't get where some of you DE fans are getting this crazy information from. you all just misinterpreted what she said
Old 05-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

IMO, TVD without Lisa J Smith isnt The Vampire Diaries. It doesnt matter if it was about the ships, the writing or whatever. For me, it wont be The Vampire Diaries. Even if Alloy change their mind and make DE endgame or whatever they do only to make more money, The Vampire Diaries ended at Midnight. And a woman that I love and respect lost her job and lost her babies.

**Gone from this thread forever**
Old 05-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0x0gossipgirl (View Post)
IMO, TVD without Lisa J Smith isnt The Vampire Diaries. It doesnt matter if it was about the ships, the writing or whatever. For me, it wont be The Vampire Diaries. Even if Alloy change their mind and make DE endgame or whatever they do only to make more money, The Vampire Diaries ended at Midnight. And a woman that I love and respect lost her job and lost her babies.

**Gone from this thread forever**

I was upset that LJ got fired. I always feel like writers get treated like crap sometimes when it comes to who they work for but Im angry at her at the same time because I think she should have tried to respect what her publishers wanted from her. If I were her I would rather stay and finish the series with the limitations they give her rather than get fired and have them replace you. that would upset me so much more than just changing a few ideas around you know?

but anyways I think we should stop talking about this because its getting off topic and the mods are going to get angry. this thread is about discussing the new book and not about this other stuff
Old 05-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The publishers own the books and they tell the ghost writer what they want her to write. Think about movies that have sequels or tv shows where the creator leaves the show and lets someone else take over. there are different people who write the sequels or shows but because they still are aired or distributed its canon to the series. fanfiction is anything that pretty much FANS write for fun and just shared with other fans. Phantom isn't being written by a fan obviously because it is being released as part of the series legally.

and btw, LJ Smith NEVER said she wanted a DE endgame. she wrote on her blog before she got fired that she was soooooo far away from endgame and she was actually going to drag out all the couples throughout the new trilogy. She told all the SE, DE, and DB fans that so I don't get where some of you DE fans are getting this crazy information from. you all just misinterpreted what she said
Not necessarily. You're trying to define something without a definition. The term fan-fiction has had many meanings, pop culture labeled fan-works as "fan-fiction".

She did say she wanted a DE endgame. Did you read the emails? They are on her "blog". I can pull up quotes, if you like.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Not necessarily. You're trying to define something without a definition. The term fan-fiction has had many meanings, pop culture labeled fan-works as "fan-fiction".

She did say she wanted a DE endgame. Did you read the emails? They are on her "blog". I can pull up quotes, if you like.
fine pull up the quotes or pm me since like I said we shouldnt be talking about it in here
Old 05-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is getting off topic and this argument is unnecessary honestly. Please take it to PMs if you must continue. This thread was made to talk about the book The Hunters: Phantom not to argue over whether it's valid or not now that LJ Smith isn't the writer.

Sidenote: We actually do have a fanfiction thread.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

thank you!

i'm quite glad. i hope the books get back on track now.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow... this was getting a bit tense

I personally am looking forward to the book! and curious to see what the plot of the first book will be.
Just 5 months to go
Old 05-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Wow... this was getting a bit tense

I personally am looking forward to the book! and curious to see what the plot of the first book will be.
Just 5 months to go

5 long months Jen!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Bella
Old 05-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Hey Bella
Im sorry I haven't been around that much on here but Im back!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's okay. I heard.. something to do with your computer

I really hope in this book the writer follows up with Meredith's story, with her finding her brother.