Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
Do you think we will actually get a scene between them??
I think it could go either way. If we get any substantial scene between them it's probably going to be fireworks, as in the "huge fight" or "passionate kissing" (or both) variety.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just wish they would get them together already.. I hate all this 'will they, won't they' crap.. it sends my nerves crazy.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah that's my point exactly. Considering how bad they are at portraying the "shift" I wish they could just fast-forward it and BAM! I really believe S/C would be a lot better at selling a real relationship than the convoluted mess we get right now.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

I get that their dynamic right now is getting tiresome. Caroline is ranting non stop while Stefan is silent so I've had enough of that. As adorable as SC would be as a couple they can't jump into it ASAP because it's guaranteed to fail.

The last thing Caroline told Stefan before she walked off was that she deserved better (she has self-respect) and she also brought up the fact that he obviously didn't return her feelings so she would look desperate if she latched onto the first sign of reciprocation from him. I don't want a repeat of Tyler/Caroline where it's: 'You're single' , 'I'm single' , 'Let's bang!' We saw how quickly that fizzled out. We already know from other couples on this show that sex isn't a band aid that can fix relationships.

I want the best case scenario for them. To me that's them getting back the friendship and trust. Now that they know that Bonnie is alive they have other things to do. Kai could come back which would create drama. I want to see them involved in other storylines.

I think their next conversation should be them deciding to get passed the awkwardness because their friendship is too important. The hostility from Caroline should stop. Then they get back their pre-season 6 dynamic but it will be different because there'll be more subtle flirting. And if the writers really want to go there I'd love it if they did a callback and Stefan tells Caroline he has a thing for her. I think that's the best way to salvage the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
Do you think we will actually get a scene between them??
I don't think so. It looks like there's a lot happening and I think that not getting an invite will lead to Stefan giving Caroline some space.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I want the best case scenario for them. To me that's them getting back the friendship and trust. Now that they know that Bonnie is alive they have other things to do. Kai could come back which would create drama. I want to see them involved in other storylines.
In all honesty I disagree completely. The writers are not capable of writing this another way; if they were, this wouldn't have happened.

What you are suggesting would, in their little world, work out into a return to the status quo and wasting an entire season because you think their recent development has been a mistake. Hey, I think so too! It's badly done! But please do consider what Paul said about it, "we have to find a way over that friendship bump", and that's what they are doing - they are changing their character dynamics.

Another aspect is that I'd rather things moved with at least some semblance of speed on the show because it is not going to be on the air forever and I'd feel it like a cheat if they just hooked up the final two-three episodes. I also doubt the writers would let that happen.

For better or worse I think we just need to ride this out and *shrug* agree to suspend our disbelief. It shouldn't be hard. After all we are watching Vampire Diaries. We're used to it.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
In all honesty I disagree completely. The writers are not capable of writing this another way; if they were, this wouldn't have happened.

What you are suggesting would, in their little world, work out into a return to the status quo and wasting an entire season because you think their recent development has been a mistake. Hey, I think so too! It's badly done! But please do consider what Paul said about it, "we have to find a way over that friendship bump", and that's what they are doing - they are changing their character dynamics.

Another aspect is that I'd rather things moved with at least some semblance of speed on the show because it is not going to be on the air forever and I'd feel it like a cheat if they just hooked up the final two-three episodes. I also doubt the writers would let that happen.

For better or worse I think we just need to ride this out and *shrug* agree to suspend our disbelief. It shouldn't be hard. After all we are watching Vampire Diaries. We're used to it.
They could have written it differently and much sweeter without angst but that might have been too similar to Tyler/Caroline. I agree that they wanted a change in their dynamic. I see this angst as a test to see what would happen if they introduced romance to this relationship because they've been too platonic for too long. Now that the possibility is out there it can be developed further.

We'd all love for these writers to speed stuff up but they're experts at dragging things out. Look how long the sire bond and cure story lines went on for. Damon and Elena were having the same conversation over and over again from the middle of season 5 onwards. And this Stefan/Caroline angst was also dragged out. They delayed Stefan's apology which didn't make sense. It probably would have been better if they hadn't interacted in 6x06 and we'd jumped straight from him leaving town without Ivy to this week's episode. Another thing to take note of is the TVD timeline being slow. I think so far only about 2 weeks has passed on the show since the first episode.

Sometimes these writers can do things quickly for instance the DE hookup which was a shock to me. So I'm not ruling the possibility out completely and you might be right but I just don't see anything big happening any time soon. I can see more tension filled moments as Stefan starts to feel something back but I just feel like SC's personalities will prevent anything big from happening.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey you guys
Really hope we get a kiss soon, I so can see it happening before it goes off for the break
Old 11-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

New videos

I am the storm"

Anna
Old 11-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the videos
Old 11-17-2014, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing the videos
Old 11-17-2014, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

In the promo there's a DE scene so Stefan and Damon must be at Whitmore some time during the episode so maybe we'll get an SC scene.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope we get a scene with them, or at least a phone call something
Old 11-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope so as well.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope we get at least a little something of them, should be good now that Stefan knows she likes him
Old 11-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

It is possible we don't get any scenes at all. ;(