Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2016, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

Dudeeeee number 4 was kinda epic, lmao.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elsa (View Post)
Dudeeeee number 4 was kinda epic, lmao.
It was extremely smart, but when you see Aurora and Lucien talk about how it felt when the compulsion wore off and an entire life they thought they had was ripped away from them it's pretty sad/brutal.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I would be beyond upset, I really hope Aurora goes regular though
Old 05-26-2016, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
I said that the noble and moral characters in shows typically get more flack whenever they eff up, because sometimes a lot of viewers don't realize that these type of characters are allowed to have flaws and make mistakes just as much as everyone else. It would be bad writing if Elijah got away with it, but he doesn't.
If anything, he's much harder on himself than anyone else is.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-26-2016, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by always protect you (View Post)
If anything, he's much harder on himself than anyone else is.
That's very true. He always beats himself up when he feels like he broke his code/moral compass. It's good that he's hard on himself though. It means that there is a conscious there.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
What Kara said, and I think there's some selective reading involved because I never said the rest of the siblings aren't hypocrites. I think everyone including myself is on the same page in here, because we all know Elijah has double standards and we know that he's shady, what we also know is that he still gets annoyed/furious with his brother for actions no worse than his own, which is why I disagreed that he wouldn't shun Klaus if this Davina thing was his idea. He would've gotten over it in five minutes for sure though.

Which is why we're basically on the same page since we can all agree that anyone who knows Elijah well would know that what he did to Davina wasn't out of his character, especially since he did it for family.

I said that the noble and moral characters in shows typically get more flack whenever they eff up, because sometimes a lot of viewers don't realize that these type of characters are allowed to have flaws and make mistakes just as much as everyone else. It would be bad writing if Elijah got away with it, but he doesn't.
There's no selective reading. I said it because I wanted to, and I didn't say yoy said the other siblings weren't hypocrites. Maybe you have selective reading.

Last edited by Roswellover73; 05-28-2016 at 02:44 AM
Old 06-01-2016, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Isn't Aurora dead? Gosh, it hadn't been that long, but I can't even remember.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Isn't Aurora dead? Gosh, it hadn't been that long, but I can't even remember.
First Klaus trapped her inside a wall to rot away, but then Lucien freed her. Then Freya used magic to put her into a mystical coma and then nothing...they never said what happened to her after that. Her body had been wrapped in a sheet sitting on the coffee table for a while .
Old 06-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswellover73 (View Post)
There's no selective reading. I said it because I wanted to, and I didn't say yoy said the other siblings weren't hypocrites. Maybe you have selective reading.
I responded to everything you said, so no IDTS. Your post left an implication which is why even Kara explained that I didn't think Klaus is not a hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
First Klaus trapped her inside a wall to rot away, but then Lucien freed her. Then Freya used magic to put her into a mystical coma and then nothing...they never said what happened to her after that. Her body had been wrapped in a sheet sitting on the coffee table for a while .
The actress has been talking recently too, I would assume she'd be around for an episode or two.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I do remember the first things, but couldn't remember what happened in the end.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
That's very true. He always beats himself up when he feels like he broke his code/moral compass. It's good that he's hard on himself though. It means that there is a conscious there.
Yes, it is. But it's because of that reason that I really get defensive and mad at all the haters and people who like him but get appalled by when he does something wrong. It'd be one thing if he never admitted what he did was wrong, but he does so why all the hate? Stupid double standards.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 06-04-2016, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Double standards indeed.

Elijiah is far from perfect, everyone is.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Exactly, and he knows it, too, which is what makes him somewhat different than some other characters. He knows his faults and he fears them as any normal person would.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 06-08-2016, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, he does. Is prob is more human in that aspect than other immortals.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

The thing about Elijah though is that he doesn't think that what he does in the name of protecting his family is something he should apologize for. I think if he had shown Marcel a hint of remorse for what he had helped do to Davina then things would have gone down differently, but he didn't. He never apologized or tried to even talk to Marcel about why he made that choice. He might regret a lot of his decisions, but at the end of the day when it comes to what he feels is protecting his family he throws his morals and code of honor out the window and does things just as heinous as Klaus.

I think the "haters" forget that. Elijah has always had the "noble brother" label thrown onto his name, but he's the least noble. He gives people a false sense of security and then goes and does what he deems necessary. Collateral damage follows him everywhere.