Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes! I hate that, Stefan needs to stand up for himself. I mean, I know he's a good guy but that does not mean he needs to let himself be walked all over. I hope he tells Elena what's what next episode.

I feel like when she asked 'what are you?' she should've added a disclaimer at the end that said 'tell me, and I'll be judging something you had no control over the rest of the way'.

And yes Damon's a truth teller, and I really hope we get his side of what happened with Katherine too. His face when he said 'Oh I doubt that' made me think there's alot of story left there.
nadia/100k at Dianna|
obsessedwithagron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

A rant thread. Awesome!

I don't like Elena in the promo, at all.

"So she's a vampire with issues?" Way to go, poor Stefan.

graphics| join graphics team | join & vote shelley
vale decem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, especially since he has the very same problems that Vicki has, only he's more experienced in dealing with them. So basically, she's making fun of him.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

*hugs Stefan* I didn't want her to accept the whole vampire thing but I never expecting her to be so cold.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with what you guys are saying I knew that she wouldn't be all happy go lucky about it and I understand that, but how she treated him and the whole thing really made me upset with her. I don't like her at this moment.

No, I think Stefan told her everything he knew about the whole Katherine situation, but of course he couldn't tell her everything since he wasn't there for the Damon parts.
*OldHollywoodStarlet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Runaways

I fully agree with you all on Elena. And Stefan, too. He needs to stand up for himself.

God, any Twilight fans? I only really started thinking poorly on Bella and Edward after I read the first three (before fandom exploded), and I feel like the main character has to have the annoyingness quality about her. I know they both deal with VAMPIRE differently, but it's very similiar, too. And the main vamp is always weak.

Hense why Damon is amazing.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_zelda (View Post)
Yeah, especially since he has the very same problems that Vicki has, only he's more experienced in dealing with them. So basically, she's making fun of him.
That's exactly what I felt like she was doing in the promo.
Izzy Lightwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

The thing with Stefan is that he thinks that he doesn't deserve Elena, he thinks his this bad person. It's like he hates what he is and he hates what he has done, and Elena to point out his weaknesses is such cold matter makes me mad.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Elena sounded very immature in that promo

Icon: keepthisasecret
Eviekins15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_zelda (View Post)
Sure thing

Right now, I have a bit of an issue with Elena, to be honest.
Don't get me wrong, I know she has a lot on her plate right now and she needs to process the whole "my boyfriend is a vampire" thing, but she comes off as very self righteous.
Stefan didn't choose to become a vampire, but he did choose not to feed on humans. Did she ask him why? No, instead she asked him if he used mind control on her. Sweetie, if he would, you wouldn't know he's a vampire because he'd make you forget! I didn't get the feeling that she wanted to know more about vampirism and what it meant to him and how dangerous it is and such, but she wanted to know more about Katherine and that back story. Yes, that plays a part, but it's not what you need to know right now. And all along, she already had rejection written all over her face. Is that understandable? Yes. Is it understandable she freaked? Yes. Is it understandable that you tell someone who obviously chooses to go against his nature that he "chose this"? No. He's done nothing but help her so far.
But what really pissed me off was her comment in the promo when Stefan says something about Vicki being "confused and compulsive" and Elena says "So, she's a vampire with ISSUES?!" in such an arrogant tone it made me want to slap her. This is coming from the girl who should KNOW what it means having your life torn out from under your feet and adjusting to a new one (I'm talking about her parents' death). Can she not imagine what Vicki must feel like? It's a huge change in her life, she constantly wants blood but she doesn't want to drink it; all of the relationships she has with other people will change because of this. And she's not allowed to be confused and compulsive? What the hell, Elena, really. You pride yourself with being so "understanding" when really you don't understand at all...
wow i didn't even notice that she was this annoying but i realize it now!! LOL amazing points..sooo true right? she was EXTREMELY judgmental, i guess she was just in shock but she better tone it down these next couple episodes!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

bringing over what i said in the paul/stefan thread.

I can't blame Elena, but I'm team Stefan all the way. Its not his fault he's a vampire! he didn't choose this! The way I see it, he's trying to be as human as possible because he understands its not something to be proud of and embrace! He's not like Damon, who enjoys hurting people. He's conflicted and he's more realistic about how things are.

The way I see it, if she was more understanding in the books and embraced it better, I would have preferred they stay true to the book that way. the route they're going makes Elena judgmental and immature. but unfortunately, usually immature=dramatic.

Also in this instance it doesn't bother me that Stefan's like 'i understand if you hate me. I hate me too', because being a vampire IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF. I hate how Damon basically embraces being a cold calculating killer.
I'm sleeping with the ghost of you and me
OutlawQueen
sunchick116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My biggest complaint is about the lack of balance. I know the show is centered around Elena and Stefan and to a certain extent, Damon, but why hire so many awesome people if you're not going to utilize your cast?

I'm no Elena fan, but imagine how much of a mind warp it would be to find out your boyfriend is a vampire...and that he has been lying to you? I mean, she was understanding as she could be and she said she would not reveal his secret, but she had every right to break up with him.

And, the one thing I do like about Elena is her hatred of all things Vicki.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
london grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
My biggest complaint is about the lack of balance. I know the show is centered around Elena and Stefan and to a certain extent, Damon, but why hire so many awesome people if you're not going to utilize your cast?

I'm no Elena fan, but imagine how much of a mind warp it would be to find out your boyfriend is a vampire...and that he has been lying to you? I mean, she was understanding as she could be and she said she would not reveal his secret, but she had every right to break up with him.

And, the one thing I do like about Elena is her hatred of all things Vicki.
lol i never knew elena hated vicki
Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, maybe "hate" is not the right word. It seems like she thinks her brother could do much better. Since all Vicki did was get high.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
london grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

lol is that why you hate vicki too?