Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Eliza, You're very much welcome, hon
Yes, he is a 'gentleman' in a weird way. Because really he is never a gentleman in the books because he does things that seem selfish and that's why SE fans in the DE/SE thread told you that Damon isnt a gentleman.
Yeah I was thinking of the real meaning of 'gentleman' not the gentleman who's nice and all, I was talking about the gentleman who does things not waiting for anything in return, who's there even if you don't know it... Things 'seem' selfish but I'm sure that even in the books Damon did some good things (for Elena) not waiting for anything from her

Quote:
That's what I thought was so wonderful about Damon in the books. He loved her and could have had the chance to be with her when she was not in her right mind, but chose not to. And one reason why Stefan bothers me is because he is always claiming about doing these great things for Elena because of their "epic love" , when really, if you truly love someone, you do not need to take credit for the actions that you have taken to make them happier and to make their life better. That is why Damon struck me as being such a sensitive and good person at his base, and why I always believed Damon/Elena to be true love. It is selfless. He loves her and does not expect anything in return. (Also, have you read the spoiler excerpt from the new book? After reading it, I have no idea how L.J. Smith could seriously intend ending Stefan/Elena together.)
It's so exactly that! And yes I saw the spoiler, that's why I don't understand why the SE fans are so sure they're going to be endgame It's like as if LJ Smith has only realized now how Damon is important in Elena's world...

I have nothing against Spike, and I only watched Buffy until Angel was gone (cause he had become someone bad cause he had what he wanted the most, remember?) and I was a Buffy/Angel fan at the time because for me Angel wasn't a real 'good' vampire. Even the Buffy's creator said Stefan had nothing to do with Angel cause Angel was deeper (and hotter ) So I don't think we shouldn't compare, each story and characters are different...

And I also hope they'll explore all the potential of DE in the show
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

I can't help comparing VD, Twilight, True Blood to Buffy - because they all literally follow the same formula. It's uncanny. Well, not really. It's typical.

kenny | credit
Old 09-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh, I don't think we should compare either and I agree they are all different but it's just nice to know that there are couples on show's where you thought for sure they were going to be endgame but it was the underdog that won out in the end.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

I dont want to compare anything to Buffy either. Buffy was in another decade, and will always be one of the greatest Vampire stories/shows of all time
But I cant help but compare Twilight to VD, because for me it seems that Twilight is a copy of VD, just not as good. Sorry to all twilight fans, but that is the way I feel.

And thank God there is no Damon in Twilight Damon is all VD.

I havent seen the sneak peek for the new episode with Damon being funny I am spoiler-free But I am looking forward to friday night to watch it.

EDIT: Please girls, come to the CW lounge and post in the DE thread over there We dont wanna be outnumbered
I just did.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Banned

I think its sad that Stefan and Elena literally resemble Edward and Bella. Especially since Bella is probably the weakest heroine ever created in a story, lol.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDK (View Post)
I dont want to compare anything to Buffy either. Buffy was in another decade, and will always be one of the greatest Vampire stories/shows of all time
But I cant help but compare Twilight to VD, because for me it seems that Twilight is a copy of VD, just not as good. Sorry to all twilight fans, but that is the way I feel.

I havent seen the sneak peek for the new episode with Damon being funny I am spoiler-free But I am looking forward to friday night to watch it.
Buffy was and always will be not only the best vampire TV show ever created, but one of the best television shows of all time. I completely agree with you on the Twilight front, Vampire Diaries was a very good read considering that is was a Teen series (I'm more of an Anne Rice girl myself.) Twilight was really just a cookie cutter version of Vampire Diaries, imo, and not very well written. Again, no offense to any Twilight fans. I know that I am probably in a minority here.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDK (View Post)

EDIT: Please girls, come to the CW lounge and post in the DE thread over there We dont wanna be outnumbered
I just did.
I understand why you compare Twilight to VD, haha (and I also think VD is better and I'm glad to think that Damon is quite 'unique' )

I also like to think a couple who isn't meant to be endgame still becomes one, it's great!

And about the CW lounge I'll like to come but I don't know how to get to it
Old 09-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Absolute Fan

The things is I am a Twilight fangirl.

Right now I am wearing a Twilight t-shirt that I wore to bed last night. I hate to compare the two because I love the two for different reasons.

I love Twilight because I believe that Edward and Bella is one of the greatest love stories of all time.

I like to think that I am getting my good vampire fix from Edward and now Vampire Diaries brings to life Damon, who is the complete opposite and who is yummy and delicious for a whole different set of reasons.

I read that Ian auditionded for True Blood and was almost cast as Sookie's brother. Thank goodness he wasn't. Ian and Nina make the show for me!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
I think its sad that Stefan and Elena literally resemble Edward and Bella. Especially since Bella is probably the weakest heroine ever created in a story, lol.
Agree with you there. What's your name btw?
Stefan and Elena are for me JUST like Edward and Bella - only the relationship and that Edward=Stefan. But Elena is nothing like Bella. Elena is much stronger, she loves life, she has a personality whereas Bella does not posses any of those thing IMHO. Again, I really dont want to offend anyone, it's just an opinion *hides under a rock if Tiff comes*

Oh yes, and Damon IS unique, for me anyway.

Eliza: it is a bit hard to explain how you register in the cw.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicgurl169 (View Post)

Right now I am wearing a Twilight t-shirt that I wore to bed last night. I hate to compare the two because I love the two for different reasons.

I love Twilight because I believe that Edward and Bella is one of the greatest love stories of all time.

I like to think that I am getting my good vampire fix from Edward and now Vampire Diaries brings to life Damon, who is the complete opposite and who is yummy and delicious for a whole different set of reasons.

I read that Ian auditionded for True Blood and was almost cast as Sookie's brother. Thank goodness he wasn't. Ian and Nina make the show for me!!!
I'm always wondering how Edward/Bella fans can become DE fans instead of SE fans... I find it quite strange but also very interesting... Really

I'm also glad Ian didn't get this role in True Blood he's much better as Damon in VD and I'm sure he thinks so too! Everything always happens for a good reason
Old 09-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicgurl169 (View Post)

Ian and Nina make the show for me too! L.J. Smith also praised them in particular for being so brilliant with the roles. I honestly don't think the show would exist if it didn't have Ian. I think it would have gotten picked up, sure, but would it have had the highest ratings and have been picked up for an entire season? No. (imo)
Old 09-30-2009, 10:08 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacunaclaudia (View Post)
Ian and Nina make the show for me too! L.J. Smith also praised them in particular for being so brilliant with the roles. I honestly don't think the show would exist if it didn't have Ian. I think it would have gotten picked up, sure, but would it have had the highest ratings and have been picked up for an entire season? No. (imo)
What's amazing about for me regarding Ian is how you can really tell he loves playing Damon. You can tell he's having a blast and the character is giving him the freedom to really go out there and explore a lot of different facets of a personality. I am a huge Lost fan and Ian as Boone did nothing for me. I think it's because Damon is really a lot of different things all mixed together. He's evil, and funny, and seductive, and manipulative, and tragic, and romantic, and I think eventually he'll get to be a wee bit good as well. Those are the best roles. ( Hello! Sawyer on Lost! )

That's one of the reasons I want Damon to get the girl, in just three episodes you've seen all these facets that make a person, and in a weird way he's the most human to me out of all the characters, and he's not even human.

Because no one person is just good, or just bad, or just sad in real life. We are all complex. Given that, I kinda wanna see some complexity in Elena too, some sort of internal struggle, and I think Damon can give her that.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awe-quite-a-bit (View Post)
What's amazing about for me regarding Ian is how you can really tell he loves playing Damon. You can tell he's having a blast and the character is giving him the freedom to really go out there and explore a lot of different facets of a personality. I am a huge Lost fan and Ian as Boone did nothing for me. I think it's because Damon is really a lot of different things all mixed together. He's evil, and funny, and seductive, and manipulative, and tragic, and romantic, and I think eventually he'll get to be a wee bit good as well. Those are the best roles. ( Hello! Sawyer on Lost! )

That's one of the reasons I want Damon to get the girl, in just three episodes you've seen all these facets that make a person, and in a weird way he's the most human to me out of all the characters, and he's not even human.

Because no one person is just good, or just bad, or just sad in real life. We are all complex. Given that, I kinda wanna see some complexity in Elena too, some sort of internal struggle, and I think Damon can give her that.
Aaaw Gillian, I so completely agree with that I also think Damon is much more human (than Stefan) in a certain way... Because it's true we're all not just good, or just bad or just funny people or just sad ones, we're all at the time The only difference between us and Damon is that he's a vampire and he kills people

And I also want to see Elena with Damon cause I think their dynamic will be really interesting and because of course I think she's the only one who'll be able to make Damon love again (if we admit he really loved Katherine)
Old 09-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

Gillian, you have a way with words.
AMEN to what you said.
Ian indeed does love playing Damon. He makes sure saying that in every interview about VD he does. He is having an amazing time playing Damon and I am so glad for him and for us. Everyone is a winner here

Elena needs to show more sides of her too, and I agree that Damon will bring that out in her.

Eliza: Damon really DID love Katherine. If he didnt love her, Damon would not have taken all the time and trouble in following Stefan all over the world to torture him. Damon has got a lot of other, much funnier things to do
Old 09-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love this title!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)