Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2015, 02:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

I totally saw 6x15 as rejection. It was rather heartbreaking.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

^ Yeah Having Liz's body there was distracting me so I really thought they were going to continue the conversation later and I only watched that episode once because I didn't like it much. I know Caroline saw it as rejection but I didn't. But now some people said I could rewatch to see how Stefan looks in that scene but I hate seeing Caroline hurt so I'd rather not
Old 05-12-2015, 02:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

It was a rejection but to be fair she put Stefan in an incredibly awkward position confronting him right by her mother's coffin.

Still I think it was just really contrived writing to have Stefan doubt things after the kiss. He's a planner. He wouldn't have done it if he wasn't sure.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
It was a rejection but to be fair she put Stefan in an incredibly awkward position confronting him right by her mother's coffin.

Still I think it was just really contrived writing to have Stefan doubt things after the kiss. He's a planner. He wouldn't have done it if he wasn't sure.
I wasn't convinced of his feelings after the kiss. I thought it was a spontaneous thing and he was still hesitant at the time. You probably shouldn't kiss someone if you're not sure of your feelings but I just thought he really wanted to in that moment so he just did it. Well at least now we know he loses control around her so it makes his behaviour more understandable.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

True, and that makes it a bit redeeming.

I just so want another kiss to warm me over the hiatus. Like I posted in another thread, I have two ships that are due for a finale this week, S/G on Nashville and S/C on TVD, Wednesday and Thursday, and both shows are known for their erratic writing. Plus after the absolute disaster that was the TO finale I am worried again. Haha.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

I don't ship very easily so SC is all I really care about at the moment. Barry and Iris on The Flash are the only other couple giving me feels but that show won't be cancelled for a really long time so I feel no urgency for them to get together.

I feel satisfied with SC now knowing where they both are emotionally, having Stefan finally be open about his feelings and understanding his confusion. A kiss would be sweet but more importantly I'd just like more of Stefan's POV. I know he's not one for cheesy confessions but I would love if he said he came up with a list like Caroline or something like that to parallel 6x07 and 6x21. I was chatting to another SCer yesterday and she was joking about how Stefan's acting like season 1 Caroline being insecure and a perfectionist So can he please adopt her ability to talk and ramble a bit about what he's thinking Caroline can't read minds And somebody else was joking about how she doesn't have eyes at the back of her head so she can't see his sad face everytime she walks away

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 05-12-2015 at 05:02 AM
Old 05-12-2015, 06:05 AM
Extreme Fan

I have a different POV. I think Stefan knew he felt something more for Caroline when he kissed her, but when he asked for advice to Damon on what he should do (because her mom just died), Damon made ​​him question what he was feeling for her, because it was very different with Kath/Elena I just wish the writers had done a better job, It was very confusing.

Julie answer a question about that on twitter last week, btw.

https://twitter.com/julieplec/status/594046460313743361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
Plus after the absolute disaster that was the TO finale I am worried again. Haha.
It was a disaster? Why? :O I don't watch TO, but I want to know hahaha

Old 05-12-2015, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanycutrim (View Post)
I have a different POV. I think Stefan knew he felt something more for Caroline when he kissed her, but when he asked for advice to Damon on what he should do (because her mom just died), Damon made ​​him question what he was feeling for her, because it was very different with Kath/Elena I just wish the writers had done a better job, It was very confusing.

Julie answer a question about that on twitter last week, btw.

https://twitter.com/julieplec/status/594046460313743361

It was a disaster? Why? :O I don't watch TO, but I want to know hahaha
I saw that tweet from Julie. He obviously felt something when he kissed her otherwise he wouldn't have done it. But I think he was still coming to terms with his feelings which is why he was so confused after the kiss. I don't take the flashback scene as 6x19 as confirmation that he would go for it with Caroline but more that he accepted that it could happen unlike in the beginning of the season where he said he doesn't think of her like that. And I agree that Julie did a bad job with 6x15. It was vague. Some people like me didn't see it as rejection while others did. It's all very confusing.

I don't watch TO but from what I've seen it looks like the big bad got defeated too easily and the hope for Kol to come back is gone. Though don't ask me how the hell he can come back with the other side gone. They must have their own mythology.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I just think when he asked advice to Damon it was because he didn't know what to do in that situation, not because he was questioning his feelings for her, but then Damon starts saying these things about ~true love with the doppelgangers~ (which was something he didn't ask about it) and he was confused.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanycutrim (View Post)
Yeah, I just think when he asked advice to Damon it was because he didn't know what to do in that situation, not because he was questioning his feelings for her, but then Damon starts saying these things about ~true love with the doppelgangers~ (which was something he didn't ask about it) and he was confused.
It's unfortunate that Stefan isn't having anyone to talk about Caroline (Most of the times I love that because they prefer to talk to each other but it has a downside). The very fact that in both cases, Katherine and Elena, they were waiting for someone who was unsure should tell them that it's not as easy as "It's the one, end of the story", although I understand people who wouldn't put up with a triangle for that reason, if Stefan would be unsure because he still loves someone else I wouldn't ship them.
I'm glad Stefan realized how wrong Damon was. I want a love declaration but I also hope they develop it like they used to, maybe a nice date at the beginning of S7 if the time jump isn't too big. Growing into the relationship naturally is their thing and they wouldn't dismiss Carolines fear completely.

Considering that they made Stefan not completely responding to her "I need to hear it" problem yet this season does make me hopeful for the finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle
Though don't ask me how the hell he can come back with the other side gone. They must have their own mythology.
I thought I was the only one wondering about that. I loved TO this season but killing Kol, Aiden and Gia was a bit much. They had such a great ensemble.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

The finale features Hayley taking Elijah ransom to Klaus's and her baby in order to make him forgive Klaus cursing her and murdering his girlfriend.

I have never seen more disgusting writing in a finale of the TVD universe.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Extreme Fan

I wish I could watch TO, I really like the cast, but I watched 10 episodes from season1 and didn't caught my attentionl. From what I already know that happens in season2 it seems more enjoyable, but I have to do a hard work trying to catching up and I'm lazy for that

Old 05-13-2015, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

DP. Sorry.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the vid. i'll watch later

I watched season 1 of TO because I thought Caroline might move there. But I couldn't make it passed the premiere of season 2. I just don't care much for the characters. Plus too much man pain and long monologues. When I had to rewind a couple times because I'd lose interest halfway thorough one of the monologues I realised the show isn't for me
Old 05-13-2015, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper