Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Please, please, please let him be stuck in the tomb with Katherine for a while.

I posted a long thing about the awesomeness of Kat in her thread but to say it quickly: yes, Katherine may be manipulative and selfish but she has every reason and motive to be. Her circumstances forced her to be if she wanted to survive, and I can't blame the girl, she didn't want to die - wouldn't we all have wanted to live? She was alone, scared and shunned. Her parents sent her away, essentially shunning her, the guy she fell in love with ended up trying to kill her. The girl has issues. But she hasn't lost that ability to love, but the experiences hardened her.

I think she expected a game - in the beginning - with Damon and Stefan. What she didn't expect for one of them to truly, deeply, and purely without any tampering on her part to fall in love with her. But Stefan did, and for the first time in her very long life someone actually, truly loved her without any ulterior motives. Can you blame her for compelling him? She wanted to keep his love. And I truly, really believe she loved him back too. And yeah, she came back to get away from being hunted, but she didn't need to sit down with Stefan and tell him she loved him. She did. She didn't need to check up on him over the years. She did.
Mary ♔ Francis
Old 11-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another wonderful post Anna! Wrote it better than I could.

I really hope Stefan can come to realize this.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I want Stefan to be the tomb with her so bad! And I want him to finally accept that he was actually in love with her or at least that he did feel something and it wasn't all compulsion.
this this this.

and yeah, its quite sad that no one ever really loved katherine. and it makes sense that she would love stefan because he was the first person to genuinely love her. IMO. I mean, I think most guys were just infatuated with her. And Damons love was so obsessive that it felt suffocating.

Anna, beautiful post. and I agree. I cant fathom how people cant thnk that she loves Stefan in some form. What other reason would she have to check up on him? Or to tell him she loved him all the time? If she didnt care she wouldnt even bother. And I'm sure she would have sacrificed Elena way earlier. Personally I think part of the reason she wants to protect Elena is because of Stefan. Even if shed never admit it.

maybe SK arent endgame and maybe they will never be together but dont doubt for a second that Katherines true love is Stefan.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I so agree Alex. I loved when she talked about the concert. A lot of people asked the question "If she loved him why didn't she come back sooner?" and we got our answer "Klaus". She didn't want Stefan to end up being killed like her family. She needed to make plans to make sure she could come back to Stefan safely or at least prepared to do something to keep herself and him safe. I know there was other factors, but I believe that was one of them.

Yeah, I don't know if SK are endgame either, but yes Stefan is her true love. If I can't have them I want (and I know it's all our wish) that Stefan acknowledges that she does love him, he loved her once, and that he still cares now. I want him to realize she isn't pure evil too.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashandBurn9 (View Post)
I basically tweeted the writers last episode and begged them never to kill her off.
I tweeted that too.
Even though I'm on the other team too, I love SK very very much and Katherine is the best I've ever seen in a very long time.

You have to be blind not to see how amazing she is as a character and how much she really loves Stefan.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperGirl (View Post)
Please, please, please let him be stuck in the tomb with Katherine for a while.

I posted a long thing about the awesomeness of Kat in her thread but to say it quickly: yes, Katherine may be manipulative and selfish but she has every reason and motive to be. Her circumstances forced her to be if she wanted to survive, and I can't blame the girl, she didn't want to die - wouldn't we all have wanted to live? She was alone, scared and shunned. Her parents sent her away, essentially shunning her, the guy she fell in love with ended up trying to kill her. The girl has issues. But she hasn't lost that ability to love, but the experiences hardened her.

I think she expected a game - in the beginning - with Damon and Stefan. What she didn't expect for one of them to truly, deeply, and purely without any tampering on her part to fall in love with her. But Stefan did, and for the first time in her very long life someone actually, truly loved her without any ulterior motives. Can you blame her for compelling him? She wanted to keep his love. And I truly, really believe she loved him back too. And yeah, she came back to get away from being hunted, but she didn't need to sit down with Stefan and tell him she loved him. She did. She didn't need to check up on him over the years. She did.
ITA great summation I felt all along since season 1 that Stefan has had unfinished business in regards to Katherine.That scene in memory lane when she asked him why he kept the photo of her from 1864 was poignant why would you keep a photo if that person didn't mean something to you.I wonder sometimes because Damon's anguish and hate of Katherine that Stefan subsequently feels compelled to be as hateful so to not go against Damon.I know Stefan hates Kat for his own reasons but maybe its a bit more embellished so as to appease Damon? I can understand why Katherine never forgot Stefan as you mentioned he was one of the few people to love her without gain but to me Stefan minus the ripping thing is a good person.A loving, kind protective soul tremendously appealing to anyone never mind a woman that's manipulated and been manipulated.I do hope they keep her around I was so excited when she showed up she brings a new dynamic out of all the characters.I love the way Nina plays Katherine.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope they do not kill her off either. She and Stefan are the best
Old 11-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

I'm addicted to how Stefan and Katherine interact and play off each other. They are both amazing but my favorite moments for both of them are when they are together. It's just so fun, sexy, and fierce. If they got rid of Katherine, the writers would have wasted all that potential that we have yet to explore.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally agree Jess!

They way they play off each other and the confidence Stefan shows and playfulness she displays. Also they're just so much there, a lot of layers to that relationship that hasn't been explored yet making you want to dig deeper and see more. What so great is that you can feel that in their scenes. It's very complex relationship. I love that.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They really do play off one another very well. I want my S/K stuff
Old 11-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too. I can't wait to see more scenes of them.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too, I wanna see more of them
Old 11-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish there were more fan fiction about them and ones that were more cannon. I'm really surprised that I can't find much seeing how popular they have become.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know, I have not seen many. I think we need new scenes so new ones can be written
Old 11-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Even though I'm on the other team too, I love SK very very much and Katherine is the best I've ever seen in a very long time.

You have to be blind not to see how amazing she is as a character and how much she really loves Stefan.
and this is why i love fans like you! you ship SE but you can see the SK love as well. <3

I'd be okay with Katherine dying if it were int he last episode/season, but any earlier than that and I'll be uber depressed.

Hell, I'll be depressed either way shes almost my favorite character.