Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2014, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

I actually still have hope, and it’s for one, simple reason: the ratings. They’re horrible. Granted, it’s because this show is not what it used to be (to put it mildly), and it may or may not have anything to do with the couples. However, I’m pretty sure that the writers will be forced by the Powers That Be to find a way to reset it somehow, and bring it back to its roots (after all, they blew up the town). And Stefan and Elena’s relationship used to be the heart and soul of the show. I’m fully convinced that the writers’ increased focus on DE’s relationship had everything to do with the network (once upon a time, we used to hear that this show’d always be about D/E/S; and now Stefan’s moving on and that’s it?), but at the same time, it accomplished absolutely nothing. Less and less people tune in, and TVD can’t even get a 1.0 rating. They will have no choice but to adapt a different strategy to promote the show, and S/E may be just that.

And I think there has to be a reason why the writers resurrected both Enzo and Alaric, and there’s something going on between Damon and Bonnie. It’s to give Damon some friends, so he’ll have someone to talk to once the inevitable break up happens. At the beginning of the show, when he was very much single, he had many acquaintances. Caroline, his sex toy. Alaric, his frenemy. Liz Forbes and Carol Lockwood. Then Mason Lockwood, Rose, Sage etc. When Alaric died, leaving Damon with a grand total of 0 friends, he got together with Elena. Enzo appeared around DE’s breakup number I-lost-count.
At the beginning of the show, Stefan was very much a loner, and the majority of his interactions were with Elena. Okay, he was friendly with everyone, but I don’t think he was that close to anyone but Elena and Damon. But then, when Stefan and Elena got separated at the end of season 2, he started to interact with Klaus, he grew close to Caroline, he had a sort-of relationship with Rebekah. And now Caroline’s the only one he has left.
To me, it seems like the writers can’t handle it for long when a Salvatore brother has a girlfriend and a friend, so they choose only one thing from the list. It may end up being good for us.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

^ Well put. I have hope too Maybe because I'm a positive person by nature, but this is NOTHING compared to last season's finale, and we dealt with that, we'll work through this as well.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:05 AM
Clothes over Bros

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by These Broken Stars (View Post)
^ Well put. I have hope too Maybe because I'm a positive person by nature, but this is NOTHING compared to last season's finale, and we dealt with that, we'll work through this as well.
Yeah. I have hope too.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

See I think this finale was way worse for Stefan/Elena. First off, Elena's reaction to Stefan's death was horrible and insulting, imo. Yes, it could have been done for episode structure, to save Elena's breakdown for the very end of the episode, but to me - that's not an excuse. There should have been something, even a SENTENCE of Elena being like "We need to get him back" (there may have been something along these lines, but it wasn't very emotional) or her shedding ONE tear. Secondly, I think Damon/Elena are more established than ever. Like how can Stefan compete with a now-dead Damon? Elena is so in love with Damon right now, she continues to choose Damon over Stefan over and over again even though we know, and they know, that DE are toxic. Elena's reaction to Damon's death was so powerful, it was meant to be so beautiful and heartbreaking ...the writers clearly think they're the love story of the show now. At least in the S4 finale, I had hope they would go back to SE - the show was always a love triangle, they needed to test DE. But now in this finale, they've tested both and are going with DE it seems.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I still have hope that Elena's human now, lol. If she was, it'd change a lot, because she wasn't even able to handle Stefan drinking human blood. There's no way she'd be okay with the things Damon does on a daily basis, and a toxic relationship is pretty much the last thing our old Elena would want. I'll go down with this ship
This show has a long history of contradicting itself (from 3.22 to 4.06), so I'd not eliminate any of the possibilities. Plus, Damon and Elena became friends when Stefan was away with Klaus, so the same thing could happen in this scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by These Broken Stars (View Post)
Thank you, and yeah, we've been through so much worse
Old 05-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

I still love Stefan/Elena, to pieces, I just don't have much hope for their future.

Yeah, I wish we knew if they were all human now - I'm guessing they are though. That should be interesting. I don't know if Elena will be the same as she was. She's changed so much, she's hardly the same person. I don't think that will all go away now that's she's human. However, maybe her emotions won't be heightened about somethings.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I've flirted with watching this show for a long time now. I know for a fact I would like it and I can tell you right now I would ship SE. I know this already based on how I ship (and other friends who watch who know me say the same thing) and I've even seen some of their clips and just love them. I also know I wouldn't care for Damon too much. I know his story already through others and oh yes, he's the type of character that I never warm up to.

Anyway, I was talking to Jerry (administrator) who I am good friends with. He watches the show. I asked him what he thought about SE reuniting or not and he said it's possible, he would know more after the finale aired last night. I haven't talked to him yet about his thoughts but ironically, guys, it seems like many non SE fans have more faith in SE right now based on the finale.

Why is that? And that maybe Damon and that Bonnie chick might start something? I know nothing about these two or what the deal is there, just that they died or something and moved on together?

Anyway, I am wondering what you guys truly think about the finale though in terms of SE reuniting and if you think I should give the show a try or not? Am I setting myself up for failure?

Thanks for listening and thanks in advance to anyone who responds to my post since I might just lurk and read!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:33 PM
Clothes over Bros

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Well I believe that they will get back together.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

Looks like they aren't human, only from some interviews, just Tyler is.
Welcome. I think you should try it out, even after the finale, I still think there is a good chance or them to reunite at some point, but it won't be easy or quickly.

I think with Damon gone right now, it'll bring them together, and then when he comes back, we'll be back to Elena torn
Old 05-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Clothes over Bros

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Which sucks.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

I am not even going to comment on the finale.. It's just whatever..

All I can say is nothing is set permanent or set in stone on this show that all we can just look at at this point.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Elena and Damon AREN'T
in love they are just f.ck buddies plain simple anyone who thinks Delena is love needs to look up the mean of the word.The show is just crap has been since season 4 episode 5.

True Love
Old 05-17-2014, 01:39 AM
Clothes over Bros

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

^
Old 05-17-2014, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Yes but still doing this. I hope tvd is over really soon
Old 05-18-2014, 05:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
See I think this finale was way worse for Stefan/Elena. First off, Elena's reaction to Stefan's death was horrible and insulting, imo. .
OMG...I logged in just to write this and I am not even officially on the shippers list.
Caroline was sobbing over Stefan's body and all we get from Elena was "omg Stefan".
Not even a single tear? Serioiusly, wow, Just wow.

You would have never thought she once loved him from that lame reaction.

I always thought that Elena and Stefan would be endgame but now I am not so sure.
And honestly, the finale changed my mind completely.

This has made me dislike Elena.
Let Damon and Elena be together in all their dysfunction and let Stefan find someone who is worthy of him.
I would rather see him with someone who cares and respects him, the way Caroline does.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top