Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2014, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

It still should have provoked a more visceral response.. especially if they intend to bring SE back together later on in the series. Elena may believe she can bring Stefan back, but the uncertainty should have been enough to get a more heartfelt reaction. It was weak.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

After I posted that one of the mods of Kat's board told me that Stefan was back, and I've read that some people think that they're human..
Old 05-16-2014, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Human is what everyone took away from it
Old 05-16-2014, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

This will be fun..
Old 05-16-2014, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

So they dont want to bring se back if it was weak reaction
Old 05-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk111 (View Post)
So they dont want to bring se back if it was weak reaction
That isn't what I meant, hun. For me.. it was weak.. but for other SE fans they were satisfied I don't know what it means for SE.. only the writers know that, but for me SE are done. I will always love SE seasons 1 to 3.. but they are no longer the couple fell in love with

Sorry about being a Debbie downer.. I am just depressed right now
Old 05-16-2014, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

I'm fine with how she reacted.. It's just me.. I'm so sure that they will be together in the end.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:03 AM
Master Fan

no no i mean i watched scene it was not enough. i mean like she never loved stefan. stefan get through so much bad thing over past 5 year and she didnt reach like that. writers planning de and sc endgame. i am sure of that.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:17 AM
Master Fan

no no i mean i watched scene it was not enough. i mean like she never loved stefan. stefan get through so much bad thing over past 5 year and she didnt reach like that. writers planning de and sc endgame. i am sure of that.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
That isn't what I meant, hun. For me.. it was weak.. but for other SE fans they were satisfied I don't know what it means for SE.. only the writers know that, but for me SE are done. I will always love SE seasons 1 to 3.. but they are no longer the couple fell in love with

Sorry about being a Debbie downer.. I am just depressed right now
'Glader 4 Life! i feel the same way you do, so i guess we both are Apologizing!............Sorry! Stelena Peeps, but it's just how it is for us. Ya'll feel how you want to about them, but i think we are pretty much done, again, Sorry!' d.v.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:04 AM
Elite Fan

I honestly think that DE and SC may really end up together now
Old 05-16-2014, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

I'm gonna stay positive.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

We should except that se is over. Do not wait good thing for them we wi get through this hopefully. 3 month summer break will help that. Sorry guys. It was really nice to meet you all. bye!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think that Elena's reaction to Stefan's death wasn't really about Elena herself, and it had everything to do with the structure of this episode. The writers were trying to build tension from the very first minute, only to release it in a spectacular way with Elena's breakdown at the end of the episode. And not even a minute before this scene. She couldn't cry after finding out about Stefan's condition. because tears are associated with katharsis. And, at that moment, the viewers were supposed to feel nervous, uneasy. We were supposed to feel like Elena, because she's the main character of the show, and from the beginning, we've been watching her journey. When Stefan died, we were meant to have hope, but still know that the circumstances are dire. Expect the unexpected, and yet know that there's a way out. It was not the most shocking part of this episode, and if they treated it as such, they'd have to work that much harder at the very end with Damon. And when Elena finally burts into tears, it sends a clear message. Damon's dead, there's no way out of this mess, there's no hope, no solution, that's the end of the season. We can feel grief now, because it's over. No one's getting resurrected this time (until episode 1 of season 6, but shhhh). If she cried at the beginning, and then at the end, it'd be confusing for the target audience (= people with Nielsen boxes, who don't overanalyze the show, and watch it with one eye closed), and it'd not have as big of an impact as her one and only breakdown.

The sad thing is, it could have been done in a better way. We didn't have to see Elena's reaction to Stefan's death, we could have been shown what happened after she found out. But, well. It is what it is ;/

Last edited by Mirime; 05-16-2014 at 07:21 AM
Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

I am with DK, the show should have ended at the end of season 3 , SE are never going to be together so I am done with this show.
Amy & TY, Doug & Carol , Izzy & Denny, Edward & Bella