Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-23-2017, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

Hmmm, was he having affairs before when he was a ripper? I don't remember...
Old 01-23-2017, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

^Well in S3 he had his humanity when he was a Ripper so even though he broke up with Elena that probably stopped him.

And Caroline once said this:

x

He was monogamous with Rebekah in the 1920s Ripper days since they were dating. So it's a character trait.

And I remember a diary entry Elena read when Damon was around about waking up with women and Damon was like 'I'm shocked. Stefan's not a virgin?' So he wasn't celibate during Ripper phases.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 01-23-2017 at 04:58 AM
Old 01-23-2017, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

So there should be no women for ripper Stefan, hallelujah for small victories!

Unless he considers himself to be single and not in a relationship with Caroline in any way...
Old 01-23-2017, 05:00 AM
Master Fan

^ I don't think we have to worry about that. The writers don't look like they're out to ruin our ship. It wouldn't be cheating but why bring up unnecessary drama for no reason.

It's just that I found it interesting that in 8x09 Stefan still considered Caroline to be his fiance even if he doesn't care now. And he had some loyalty because of that.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, especially since there's only 7 episodes left... so to bring a new girl would be just pointless, not to mention there's absolutely no timefor any new characters.

The impression I had from Stefan is that he plans to have fun as a ripper for as long as he wants to, and then come back to Caroline... so yeah, even in his ripper and no humanity mode, he still see her as his fiancee.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
The impression I had from Stefan is that he plans to have fun as a ripper for as long as he wants to, and then come back to Caroline... so yeah, even in his ripper and no humanity mode, he still see her as his fiancee.
This is what gives me hope. The fact that he can see himself reuniting with Caroline. Now he just has to realise that being with Caroline is way better than any fun he has as a Ripper. I thought it was interesting that they replayed that part from the Sybil/Caroline convo in the 'previous on TVD'. And now I think it's to show that Stefan will beat the odds in the end and they'll conquer this Ripper thing successfully. I wasn't worried about the comment Sybil made. I've watched this show long enough to know truth bombs thrown at a couple mid season almost never spells doom for a couple. It took being wrong about DE in S4, S5 and S6 but I think I finally understand the writer's patterns

Eta: So one of my friends suggested that Stefan kept the ring as a token of triumph. Her reasoning was that he spent the whole episode trying to get Damon to forget about Elena and when he couldn't he decided to drop Damon. Because he doesn't want anything to compromise his fun. And getting Caroline to give up was a win for them. Though I don't think she gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
I didn't even notice but it was brought to my attention that she's holding the ball like a bouquet. They really went all out with this shot.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 01-23-2017 at 10:39 AM
Old 01-23-2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 01-24-2017 at 05:23 PM
Old 01-25-2017, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How many eps are there this last season?
Old 01-25-2017, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

She did say "for now" so I don't think shes given up like some people are claiming. Hopefully giving him the ring is her trying to get humanity back the way Damon got his with the necklace.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
how many eps are there this last season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
She did say "for now" so I don't think shes given up like some people are claiming. Hopefully giving him the ring is her trying to get humanity back the way Damon got his with the necklace.
Yeah. Caroline's hands are tied. There was nothing that she could do. He has to kill people without humanity or Cade will come back and take the twins. And there's no way he'll listen to her with his ego so inflated. I honestly don't see what else she could have done. If the year was over and then she gave that speech then I'd be annoyed with her. Because there'd be no reason for her not to lock him up and make him flip it back.

Plus she's not making his situation any worse. He's doing exactly what he agreed to do when he agreed to the deal. He just didn't tell her the exact details of the deal.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 01-26-2017 at 12:29 AM
Old 01-26-2017, 07:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've rewatched last episode's SC scenes quite a few times now and I am still not really happy.
It is not the fact that Caroline gave the ring back to Stefan, but the way she did it. She basically threw it at him with so much aggression, frustration and disappointment.
I know a lot of people say that she gave him the ring because she is speculating that the ring will have an impact on Stefan that is similar to the impact that the necklace has on Damon, but that does not justify or explain why she aggressively threw it towards Stefan. To me, this didn't look like a conscious manipulation from Caroline's side, but more like her being angry and frustrated.
I don't know, maybe it's just me. Meh.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

^ Well Stefan was a dick to her. He threw her back with aggression. She was trying to stand up to him. We'll just have to wait and see. But like I said I don't think there was anything she can do right now. And I'd be judging this differently if he was free from his deal with Cade and then she gave him that speech.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

That is true.
And once again, I think it is bad writing, if the script said that she was supposed to angrily throw the ring at Stefan.
The whole scene would have worked way better (at least in my opinion) if the had given it back to him without throwing it.
But that's just what I think
Old 01-26-2017, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

^ I wonder how many times they had to shoot that scene and if Paul dropped that ring

But I just think to get her point across to a stubborn jerk that Stefan is right now she had to use force. Watch the youtube vid in 3x07 of how Lexi deals with the Ripper. She was such bitch to him. Because when Stefan is a Ripper he is a sadistic a*shole.

E.t.a

When Caroline spoke to Damon after a Defan scene she said 'I hope you're not listening to him. He's not himself'. So doesn't that prove that she didn't really give up on him? Because that would mean she was listening to him. And she also told Damon she's already lost Stefan before their dance.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 01-26-2017 at 09:34 AM
Old 01-26-2017, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Of course she didn't give up on him, I don't think she would do that