Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-10-2017, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

Heh, I was spoiled about wedding and Stefan being human too, but I was excited nonetheless...

I too hope it won't endly badly and SC will be happy and together at the end... but I don't expect it. I have a feeling that no matter what'll happen to Stefan and Caroline, it won't be all rainbows and unicorns. It's not even about the spoilers, I just don't think writers care that much about SC relationship. They never were their priority in writing for this show. Julie might like them, but not that much.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

The human-vamp dilemma depressed me for a while because of the fact that Caroline would end up outliving Stefan and her children. But around 8x12 I watched an episode of Fresh Off the Boat and there's a couple with a 30-40 year age difference. She's 28 and in that episode they went to a retirement home because he wanted to check it out and said they'd be moving there in 3 years. And she was so bothered because she's still so young So that helped me accept the situation. Even Modern Family has a couple with a 30 year age gap and I like them. Also when Bonnie's mom showed up I realised she could still be around and that Caroline could get to meet her great-great-great children. So it's not complete doom and gloom.

Of course this will be if they're alive and together in the end. I agree that they were never a priority but I'd like to believe they'll do what's best for the characters. Caroline might get a happy ending by default since like someone else mentioned before, the writers are too lazy to do anything else. And Stefan has had so much angst over his life I've expected him to finally be happy at the end for seasons now. So if they're both alive I don't see why they can't be together.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

Ahh, I never really had much problem with age differences. If two people love each other and are happy together, then what it is age, really? And with Stefan and Caroline, I even thought it is sort of romantic, this human-vampire relationship. After all, Stefan could find himself a normal woman and have his own children with her...

If they wanted to give Stefan his perfect happy ending, then sure, him ending up with Caroline makes sense. But I don't think writers will make it that easy for him... I just don't believe it. I feel like something bad has to happen to one of three main characters, Damon, Elena or Stefan. Damon is sort of "untouchable" in writers eyes, and he already sacrificed himself and died two episodes ago, Elena was gone for two seasons and just woke up from her coma, to me her death would feel anticlimatic since she already was "gone" for two seasons. And Stefan... writers always liked to bring his character down, make it look like he was worse than other people from this show. And Stefan now lives with his terrible guilt so perhaps writers think that the only way to absolve him of his guilt is to make him do a final sacrifice, that'll save everyone else.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
Ahh, I never really had much problem with age differences. If two people love each other and are happy together, then what it is age, really? And with Stefan and Caroline, I even thought it is sort of romantic, this human-vampire relationship. After all, Stefan could find himself a normal woman and have his own children with her...

If they wanted to give Stefan his perfect happy ending, then sure, him ending up with Caroline makes sense. But I don't think writers will make it that easy for him... I just don't believe it. I feel like something bad has to happen to one of three main characters, Damon, Elena or Stefan. Damon is sort of "untouchable" in writers eyes, and he already sacrificed himself and died two episodes ago, Elena was gone for two seasons and just woke up from her coma, to me her death would feel anticlimatic since she already was "gone" for two seasons. And Stefan... writers always liked to bring his character down, make it look like he was worse than other people from this show. And Stefan now lives with his terrible guilt so perhaps writers think that the only way to absolve him of his guilt is to make him do a final sacrifice, that'll save everyone else.
True. That's why I'm okay with it now. But at first it was such a shock

So I just binged 8x13-8x15 now since I didn't know what you meant by Damon sacrificing himself. I was like 'Oh crap....if he's already sacrificed himself then I better go watch now before worst case scenario happens and I didn't have time to process' Idk I still think Damon can be the one to make another sacrifice. I mean his sacrifice lasted 10 minutes or something right? How come Stefan's guilt is so bad this time? Where was this guilt in S3 after being Klaus' slave or S6's no humanity phase. It was overkill this time I thought him getting back together with Caroline was him forgiving himself. And the theory behind Damon making a sacrifice is that Stefan will let him do it. Stefan didn't let Damon die when they were humans and forced him to turn and 2 episodes ago Stefan didn't want him to make that sacrifice. He didn't want him to die in S2 either and became a Ripper for Klaus. Nobody would want their family to die but Stefan letting Damon go was a major theme last season and I think it could still happen. But then they have built Stefan's guilt up so much so.....he could be making the sacrifice tonight. I really have no clue which is more likely to happen tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
You think she's gonna take Stefan's name officially? Is that even possible considering he's been dead for such a long time?
Since the wedding has aired I can post this now. According to the prop department she does

Saw this on twitter that addresses the name change. It's a cut scene so it's not a spoiler. But of course they cut a SC scene See this is what I don't get. If Stefan is dying why do they get so little screen time? I suspected Enzo's death because BE were getting so much fluff. But SC's fluff was so short it can't really count. You'd think they would have had more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Chambers (View Post)
Add me?
Added you

So I changed the title to 'MARRIED ' like some posters wanted and it changed on my first post but not the actual thread. I think only mods can change it.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 03-10-2017 at 10:23 AM
Old 03-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Hopefully that deleted scene is in the DVD!

Old 03-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys, tonight is the night, the end of our Steroline, just praying that they get a happy ending.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 03-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey guys, I am still 99.9% convinced that we won't get a happy ending and that Stefan will die, sacrificing himself. But I still hope that we'll somehow get to enjoy the episode, if that makes any sense?
Big hugs to everyone!
Old 03-10-2017, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry everyone.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Man, the writers did Steroline dirty.

I will remember

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 03-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

The writers always do SC dirty. It doesn't surprise me at this point

Honestly the idea of Stefan making yet another sacrifice bored me and seeing it was even more boring. I just can't be moved by it anymore since it keeps on happening. But when Caroline found out from Elena what Stefan said that did get me a little bit.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I CANT FUNCTION RIGHT NOW.

I loved the finale but I hated it too. And the "hate" part comes in mostly for these two.

Their final scene together in the hall was freaking sad and sweet and the I love you's were so good. I loved that Stefan called Caroline his wife and said he didnt want to leave her, but its completely n Stefan's nature to sacrifice himself. He's the good guy. He's the hero. OF COURSE he is going to save Damon and Caroline understood that.

I was secretly happy when Damon (even though Damon is my favorite) compelled Stefan to go because i really thought Stefan was gonna survive the finale and that it was between Damon and Bonnie. But as SOON as Caroline went and called him and left that message UGH MY HEART, I knew he was gonna die. Then the whole freaking hallway scene with Elena and the reveal about him taking vervain. THAT WAS SO HARD TO WATCH AND SO DAMN SAD. MY POOR BB STEFAN. .

I'm truly devastated.

The only happy thing was seeing Lexi, and as a damon/stefan fan I loved their last scene. I was surprised to hear that Stefan's final words to Elena were that he loved Caroline too and that he got her message, OMG THAT HURT ME SO DAMN MUCH.

So yes it absolutely freaking sucks that he died (and lets not talk about the KC moment for those that hate them) but in a way, we still got our endgame. He died married to Caroline. He died loving Caroline. He died with his last words being TO CAROLINE. And she will love him forever like she said and when she dies she will be reunited wth him.

(but in my head canon there's a spell to bring him back in "season 9" LMAO).

PS. I hate that there is a scene that was cute from the finale. I PRAY TO GOD It makes the deleted scenes.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

I feel like I'm cold-hearted for not being upset over what happened I guess taking a break from the show was good for me. In my mind I'm thinking if he didn't make that sacrifice that day he would have made another one in the future. That's just who he is. It would have never ended.

I liked the scene in the highschool with SC. And I like that Stefan got to see Lexi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

(but in my head canon there's a spell to bring him back in "season 9" LMAO).
Haha.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah thats just in Stefan's nature. Its sad and it shouldn't be that way and he should have gotten to live a happy life with her, but thats Stefan. He's such a good person, it makes perfect sense he would sacrifice himself, its in his nature and his soul to do that.

I'm devastated over SC. thinking of his "tell her i got the message" and the snow globe on the grave, wow my heart aches but its a bit bittersweet because i think its a decent ending for a pairing. Ive gotten way worse on other shows. At least they end the show married and it was obvious his love was Caroline so I can find comfort in that.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:00 AM
Master Fan

^ Yeah....it could have been even worse. Caroline told Damon they'd see him again so I believe it will happen one day for her too