Fan Forum Star

i hope we get more friendship scenes!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

me too Quin
Old 07-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreanBamonFan (View Post)
i hope we get more friendship scenes!
Me too, I'm sure we will I guess things might be strained for a while, but they are best friends, they have to work it out eventually. I loved their friendship from the first half of the season

ETA: Can I be added please? I just realised I'm not on the list

Last edited by arakha; 07-03-2010 at 08:32 PM
Old 07-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

yay i def think 2 will be season intersting for their friendship!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arakha (View Post)
Me too, I'm sure we will I guess things might be strained for a while, but they are best friends, they have to work it out eventually. I loved their friendship from the first half of the season

ETA: Can I be added please? I just realised I'm not on the list
adding you right now!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Nikki, I've read your essay, as you know

The only part that I'd like to add is about the fact that Elena supposedly try to talk to and be there for Bonnie in "History Repeating". I didn't see that as Elena trying to help Bonnie or getting her to open up, actually, I felt it was more simple than that: I think that Elena noticed that Bonnie isn't talking to her and she was personally hurt by it. I didn't get the vibe that she wanted to make things better for Bonnie, I felt as if Elena wanted to make things better for herself.

That's not a bad thing, by all means. After all, it shows how much Bonnie means to her. But I do think it also shows that Elena is taking Bonnie for granted and that she believes her own problems to be so much bigger than the problems of the people around her (like Bonnie or Caroline). I also thought that in a way, Grams' death brought up a lot of memories for Elena, like she said, and she didn't know how to deal with it.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 07-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

No wrong person its Alta's essay

Quote:
That's not a bad thing, by all means. After all, it shows how much Bonnie means to her. But I do think it also shows that Elena is taking Bonnie for granted and that she believes her own problems to be so much bigger than the problems of the people around her (like Bonnie or Caroline). I also thought that in a way, Grams' death brought up a lot of memories for Elena, like she said, and she didn't know how to deal with it.
I agree with this sometimes I feel like she takes both girls for granted sometimes, also I dont think she see's things from their perspective most of the time compared to lets say Stefan and Damon.

Alta in your essay mentioned the phone calls to Bonnie and what Caroline and Bonnie probably talked about to Elena's phone calls to Bonnie, I am wondering what was said I imagine Caroline babbling on about school and what Bonnie is up to. but I imagine Elena mainly talking about the goings on with the vamps like the tomb, rescuing Stefan, Damon. Which of course Bonnie probably wouldn't want to talk or know about after what happened.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No wrong person its Alta's essay
Ah crap...

But I agree with you, Nikki, on this part:
Quote:
I am wondering what was said I imagine Caroline babbling on about school and what Bonnie is up to. but I imagine Elena mainly talking about the goings on with the vamps like the tomb, rescuing Stefan, Damon. Which of course Bonnie probably wouldn't want to talk or know about after what happened.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 07-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_zelda (View Post)

The only part that I'd like to add is about the fact that Elena supposedly try to talk to and be there for Bonnie in "History Repeating". I didn't see that as Elena trying to help Bonnie or getting her to open up, actually, I felt it was more simple than that: I think that Elena noticed that Bonnie isn't talking to her and she was personally hurt by it. I didn't get the vibe that she wanted to make things better for Bonnie, I felt as if Elena wanted to make things better for herself.

That episode was Miss Mystic Falls. Oh, I got the same vibe as you. I didn't think she wanted to make things better for Bonnie either. That's why I said that in these situations you have to start the conversation. Something Elena should have known considering what she went through after the death of her parents. Instead she settled for asking Bonnie to talk to her.

The part I highlighted was very apparent in this episode. Under any other circumstance, it wouldn't be a bad thing that Elena was trying to get Bonnie to not be mad at her, but as it was Bonnie was angry because she was grieving, and Elena was focused on getting Bonnie to not be mad at her. I don't remember Elena saying grams' death brought up memories for her. That would have been something. When did she say that?

Icon by karahalliwell on lj!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_zelda (View Post)

but aren't some of them bigger?
Old 07-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

They both have a lot on their plate.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 07-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

i def agree with all of you!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Showing bonnie and elena love.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:44 AM
New Fan

I love their friendship. I didn't like how distant they where with each other after episode 19, but i have faith that their friendship will survive. If Elena can forgive Damon the psychopath Vampire she can really forgive Bonnie, even though what she did wasn't bad
Old 09-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was watching 162 Candles the other day, love the feather scene!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)