Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2015, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

Dr. Wikipedia {Anti-Camille Thread} #01: And the award for character who needs to GTFO goes to...

Camille O'Connell
a n t i · t h r e a d
#01;

Members;
01. Princess Anna
02. Princess Serenity
03. Queen Elsa
04. kat99
05. aelita
06. Queen of Sparkle
07. Hopeless Opus
08. Chalsie
09. sawako

Camille "Oatmeal Face" O'Connell;

X

x
Rules;
• Absolutely no bashing of actors, relationships, writers, producers, Fan Forum members and so on.
If you have a problem with another poster please contact one of the moderators to explain the problem.
Keep all issues off the board and contact the poster - if you feel the need to do so - via PM.
Fan Forum is allowing all it’s members to PM, not matter how many posts they have.
• Please make sure to handle discussions in a friendly and constructive
manner and stay on topic!
• Not everyone is going to agree with what you say, so please be
respectful of one another.
• Lurking in an Anti-Thread and going back to an appreciation thread and discussing
what was being talked about is also not allowed.
• No "star/chatty" posting, not that you can’t say hello or bye to the other posters,
but please make sure you post to add something to the discussion.
If you can’t really add something constructive/relevant at the moment,
we ask you to wait until you can.

x

X

X

previous t h r e a d s ;
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 |
06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 |

future t i t l e s ;
• Nothing like remaining irrelevant Cami
• Oh yay...Dr. Wiki to the rescue
• When she talks I fall asleep

Last edited by hurricane eyes; 01-02-2016 at 09:16 PM
Old 10-25-2015, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

loved the OP. Please add me to the haters list

» Bella
Old 10-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

My wifi must've been down when I tried posting earlier. Love the title and OP

Add me to the haters 'gon hate
Old 10-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Adding you both now .

Glad I'm not alone in my hate, rational or irrational as it may be.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
Adding you both now .

Glad I'm not alone in my hate, rational or irrational as it may be.
As if you had any doubts you were alone

I mean, did she not get the "character who needs to eff off" award this year at comicon? Lmao. Oh the burns.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

It wasn't even bad towards Leah. It legit was saying it was more the writing that screwed the character over. I can't believe Leah had the gall to tell them to take that award back. You don't equal your character .
Old 10-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Gurl, as if you could ever be alone on your hate for the most boring character in history of ever.

» Bella
Old 10-25-2015, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

She is pretty boring...The most interesting thing about her was her crazy uncle and of course they kill him off .
Old 10-25-2015, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It wasn't even bad towards Leah. It legit was saying it was more the writing that screwed the character over. I can't believe Leah had the gall to tell them to take that award back. You don't equal your character .
But to be honest, the character would annoy me less (slightly) if the actress was bearable or blended well with the cast and theme. The main problem is the way this character is written but if you don't like the casting choice either then it's just twice as worse for you.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elsa (View Post)
But to be honest, the character would annoy me less (slightly) if the actress was bearable or blended well with the cast and theme. The main problem is the way this character is written but if you don't like the casting choice either then it's just twice as worse for you.
Not to bash the actor, but yeah Leah doesn't seem to gel well with the others.

Honestly though I don't think any actress could make this character likable for me. She's very one dimensional and doesn't seem to have a real purpose on this show. Why do they need therapy? I watch this show for the insanity and murderous tendencies. Not for the drinking and crying to a shrink who has a lady-boner for her patient.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Not to bash the actor, but yeah Leah doesn't seem to gel well with the others.

Honestly though I don't think any actress could make this character likable for me. She's very one dimensional and doesn't seem to have a real purpose on this show. Why do they need therapy? I watch this show for the insanity and murderous tendencies. Not for the drinking and crying to a shrink who has a lady-boner for her patient.
It's because they want someone to examine the psychology of these characters and why they're effed up, they thought we'd be interested in someone observing that.

Does she still even go to school? LOL. I agree, I like Nina for example but she didn't make her character likable for me either. Still, at least Nina blended well with her cast.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elsa (View Post)
It's because they want someone to examine the psychology of these characters and why they're effed up, they thought we'd be interested in someone observing that.

Does she still even go to school? LOL. I agree, I like Nina for example but she didn't make her character likable for me either. Still, at least Nina blended well with her cast.
Nina as Elena SUCKED, but I loved Katherine (until about S5 and her crazy obsession with Stefan ). I think Elena had depth to her character though, but I just found her lame and then the love triangle didn't help at all.

Camille however doesn't have anything special about her. I don't see the appeal and literally every male is kissing her ass. I don't get it. She's such a damn Mary-Sue. Ugh.

Also I don't get why the make-up and costume dept. insist on making Camille look like she's dressing in her 80s. Like Leah is more mature looking than her actual age so why not dress her younger? There was one outfit she actually looked young and nice in from S1.

Now it's just way too old for her.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Camille is for sure my least favorite character on this show. I dislike the fact she's Kalus love interest on this show. Kalus deserves someone better at the moment.

Quote:
Nina as Elena SUCKED, but I loved Katherine (until about S5 and her crazy obsession with Stefan ). I think Elena had depth to her character though, but I just found her lame and then the love triangle didn't help at all.

Camille however doesn't have anything special about her. I don't see the appeal and literally every male is kissing her ass. I don't get it. She's such a damn Mary-Sue. Ugh.

Also I don't get why the make-up and costume dept. insist on making Camille look like she's dressing in her 80s. Like Leah is more mature looking than her actual age so why not dress her younger? There was one outfit she actually looked young and nice in from S1.

Now it's just way too old for her.
I agree Elena as a character was annoying not only on the show but in the book too I have friends who read the TVD book and didn't watch the show say how much they hate Elena. No matter which actress plays Elena she can never be a likable character. Elena still had something special about her and had a good character depth, interesting scenes & had chemistry with the other characters but can't say the same about Cami.

Damon♥Elena Oliver♥Felicity Rafael♥Jane Elijah♥Hayley

Last edited by hurricane eyes; 10-25-2015 at 04:40 PM Reason: double post
Old 10-25-2015, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetsen (View Post)
I agree Elena as a character was annoying not only on the show but in the book too I have friends who read the TVD book and didn't watch the show say how much they hate Elena. No matter which actress plays Elena she can never be a likable character. Elena still had something special about her and had a good character depth, interesting scenes & had chemistry with the other characters but can't say the same about Cami.
I read the books, Elena in them was very shallow and callous. The tv show made her more relateable and kind. I still couldn't connect with her at all, but at least I could kind of understand why all the boys were into her.

Camille makes no sense. She's very bland and plain. She talks like she's better and smarter than others (don't think she can go an episode without mentioning her degree or major). Plus she has no chemistry with the rest of the cast. I don't see anything between them so I don't get why they insist on this character being a lead or otherwise.

There's a quote from a tv writer on The Walking Dead about if a character isn't working with the audience you shouldn't force it and just end the character. I wish JP & Co. would take this advise. Some people enjoy this character, but not enough to make her leading material.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

^True

Damon♥Elena Oliver♥Felicity Rafael♥Jane Elijah♥Hayley