Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2015, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

Mama Salvatore looks a bit scary though I wonder what kind of person she was when Damon was growing up.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
Mama Salvatore looks a bit scary though I wonder what kind of person she was when Damon was growing up.
Her first appareance surely was scary I think being imprisoned in that AU world for so long could have changed a lot from the woman Damon remembers
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 03-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
She probably started out nice, but then went loca during the 100+ years she spent in the prison world.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
She probably started out nice, but then went loca during the 100+ years she spent in the prison world.
I agree Poor one

Ian at the 3rd Annual Noble Awards, he got a prize for his ISF, good job Ian! I approve the look

I am the storm"

Anna
Old 03-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ian did an amazing job directing the latest episode! I love some of the shots that he did and it felt very old school TVD, like Marcos Siega-esque who was one of the main directors of TVD in Season 1.

Damon-wise, he had a very very bad day. I really hope there's more to this Mama Salvatore storyline than they're letting on. I wonder who turned her - did she want to turn or did someone do it to spite her? Why did she leave? Being a vampire doesn't necessarily mean that you want to leave your family behind. Is it because of Giuseppe? I wonder if she even got to time to find out her sons became vampires if she was stuck in a prison world from 1903 to present. Kai made it seem like maybe Mama Salvatore was coming to North America to see her sons but he could have just be saying that to get Damon to do what he wants.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 03-14-2015, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
Ian did an amazing job directing the latest episode! I love some of the shots that he did and it felt very old school TVD, like Marcos Siega-esque who was one of the main directors of TVD in Season 1.
I agree, he made some very good choices of how shooting scenes For example, when Sarah entered the pub, and we saw just the dark silhouette of Caroline who was planning her sufference, that was powerful!

Quote:
Damon-wise, he had a very very bad day. I really hope there's more to this Mama Salvatore storyline than they're letting on. I wonder who turned her - did she want to turn or did someone do it to spite her? Why did she leave? Being a vampire doesn't necessarily mean that you want to leave your family behind. Is it because of Giuseppe? I wonder if she even got to time to find out her sons became vampires if she was stuck in a prison world from 1903 to present. Kai made it seem like maybe Mama Salvatore was coming to North America to see her sons but he could have just be saying that to get Damon to do what he wants.
I'm wondering that too She has their 1864's photos in her prison world, so I guess she may know about what happened to them, but maybe never tried to contact them for her own reasons I'd rather her to have strong motivations for have abandoned her sons like that in 1858, than her being just a bad-mother

Damon's reaction broke my heart, poor man, you could see all his sufferance on his face

I am the storm"

Anna
Old 03-14-2015, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damon was in such denial when he was trying to open his mother's coffin. He just kept repeating "she died in 1858 of consumption". It's almost like he felt if he said it enough times it would make it true.

Right right, I forgot about the picture! The picture is def. from around 1x06 - Lost Girls time when they were still human. Damon was in his Confederacy outfit. If she was keeping up with them then, why wouldn't she later find out they are vampires? I just need a good reason as to why once Giuseppe was out of the picture, why she didn't try to contact her sons during that 39 year gap. Even if she was a ripper, it's not like she would rip on them. Do you think she might have turned her humanity off?

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 03-14-2015, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Damon was in such denial when he was trying to open his mother's coffin. He just kept repeating "she died in 1858 of consumption". It's almost like he felt if he said it enough times it would make it true.
He was, he had to believe she hadn't abandoned them just like that

Quote:
Right right, I forgot about the picture! The picture is def. from around 1x06 - Lost Girls time when they were still human. Damon was in his Confederacy outfit. If she was keeping up with them then, why wouldn't she later find out they are vampires? I just need a good reason as to why once Giuseppe was out of the picture, why she didn't try to contact her sons during that 39 year gap. Even if she was a ripper, it's not like she would rip on them.
IDK, I hope she has good reasons for have left them and never contacted them again, can't bare the idea of Damon suffering another time to have been abandoned by a woman he trusted and loved Let's pretend for a sec that she turned (either willingly or not) and was forced to fake her death bc Giuseppe clearly wasn't a fan of it or bc she was scared to hurt her children... maybe later she wanted to contact them but felt ashamed for what she had done? I'd rather have something like this than her being all bad

Quote:
Do you think she might have turned her humanity off?
Oh Lord, I hope not, I have enough vampires in switched-off right now on my screen I guess it's possible too, would match the ripper tendency, and explain why so many years passed without a sign of her
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 03-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
He was, he had to believe she hadn't abandoned them just like that
Especially when he thought his mother was the only one that loves him out of both his parents.

Quote:
IDK, I hope she has good reasons for have left them and never contacted them again, can't bare the idea of Damon suffering another time to have been abandoned by a woman he trusted and loved Let's pretend for a sec that she turned (either willingly or not) and was forced to fake her death bc Giuseppe clearly wasn't a fan of it or bc she was scared to hurt her children... maybe later she wanted to contact them but felt ashamed for what she had done? I'd rather have something like this than her being all bad
Me too! I always loved the idea of hearing more about Mama Salvatore. And I always had this idea in my head where Damon and his mother had a good relationship (which is seems like they did). I thought if we ever saw her she'd be in flashback form. I hoped she wouldn't be a vampire because then why did she leave her family. However, if the writers can write her into the story after six seasons, they should be able to find a better reasoning for why she left her sons aside for that she's just a selfish person.

Quote:
Oh Lord, I hope not, I have enough vampires in switched-off right now on my screen I guess it's possible too, would match the ripper tendency, and explain why so many years passed without a sign of her
It would be so typical, that's for sure! I just figured it could be a reason as to why she wouldn't come to find Stefan and Damon. If she was a rippah and couldn't control herself, maybe she felt like if she turned her humanity off she wouldn't care about all the people she's murdering. After she turned it off, she wouldn't be interested in finding Stefan and Damon.

oo I just saw an article where Ian said he was trying to channel Marcos Siega in directing style!
Quote:
Candice and I started out early in season one with some very racy, weird stuff. I remember even asking Marcos Siega — who is my hero, and I was inspired to shoot this episode the way Marcos used to — [because] in my opinion, seasons one and two of this show were the best. That’s when Kevin [Williamson] and Julie [Plec] were still writing together, and Marcos Siega was still with us. He was our supervising producer, who pushed for depth and darkness, and scary. So I was hoping that this [episode] could be reminiscent of that, and I think we got as much as we could.
http://www.mtv.com/news/2104242/vamp...n-somerhalder/
I knew it! Season 1 had some of the best shots, I'm glad he re-created some of what.

He looks great in those Noble Awards pics - more put together than he usually is!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 03-15-2015, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Especially when he thought his mother was the only one that loves him out of both his parents.
Yeah, I agree Surely Giuseppe never showed much love for his kids, Damon in particular, Mama S. should definitely be the loving one

source

It's the 2nd time that a woman he loved faked her death for his disappointment

Quote:
Me too! I always loved the idea of hearing more about Mama Salvatore. And I always had this idea in my head where Damon and his mother had a good relationship (which is seems like they did). I thought if we ever saw her she'd be in flashback form. I hoped she wouldn't be a vampire because then why did she leave her family. However, if the writers can write her into the story after six seasons, they should be able to find a better reasoning for why she left her sons aside for that she's just a selfish person.
He thought she wouldn't have been able to do such a terrible thing as faking her death, I think it proves she was a good mother and that they were close So I agree, I need a better reason for her to be just selfish, there must be something else, I WANT something more!! Even bc it'd make everything more interesting and intriguing

Quote:
It would be so typical, that's for sure! I just figured it could be a reason as to why she wouldn't come to find Stefan and Damon. If she was a rippah and couldn't control herself, maybe she felt like if she turned her humanity off she wouldn't care about all the people she's murdering. After she turned it off, she wouldn't be interested in finding Stefan and Damon.
Yeah, I guess that'd be logical, but meh... boring We'll see I guess

Quote:
oo I just saw an article where Ian said he was trying to channel Marcos Siega in directing style!

'The Vampire Diaries': Ian Somerhalder Spills On Bamon, 'Twilight' Digs And Directing - MTV
I knew it! Season 1 had some of the best shots, I'm glad he re-created some of what.
That explain a lot, still congrats to him

Quote:
He looks great in those Noble Awards pics - more put together than he usually is!
Bless this award even just for this!
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 03-24-2015, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

x
Old 03-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

Beautiful gifset

Can't wait to see more of big-brother!Damon+mother-son!Damon
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 04-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 04-19-2015, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

Are you trying to kill us all?!?

Damon was just perfect in the last episode, he took care of everything, his brother was his main concern And he still got hurt once again, by a woman who was supposed to love him and Stefan Broke my heart when he discovered Lily wasn't coming back for them
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 04-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Really cool gif set.