Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-04-2015, 09:43 PM
New Fan

Character Poll

Hello,

I'm new here and hoping that I can get some help with a short poll that I'm doing. It will only take a minute - I'd really appreciate any responses. Thank you!

Which did you find more interesting when watching the Vampire Diaries? (Choose one)

1) The characters’ romantic relationships
2) The way we learned about the characters’ past (flashbacks, family relationships)
3) The characters’ ethical struggles
Old 01-06-2015, 01:42 AM
New Fan

I choose number 2!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:01 AM
New Fan

Thank you for the reply!

I also meant to add that if you don't have an account here but are interested in taking the poll, I've also put it up on fanpop and Tumblr.

This is the link to fanpop:

Which did you find more interesting when watching the Vampire Diaries? - The Vampire Diaries - Fanpop

And this is the link to the Tumblr post:

The Vampire Diaries Character Poll?
Old 01-06-2015, 10:19 PM
New Fan

I preferred #2 is definitely the most interesting. I think that seeing the characters' layers show after show made Vampire Diaries more interesting. So much happened in their years of being vampires and I enjoy seeing the way these different pieces of their lives connect together. I think that's why there is so much more material to work with.

As for the ethical struggles, some characters continued to thrive ethically or started off ethically and began changing. For example, Elena was moral in the beginning...but as time went on she began taking unethical measures and now...she's somewhat back to being moral.

I think that this show focuses a bit too much on the romantic aspect. I feel as though no one can just enjoy who they are on the show and just be content with being single. It almost seems as though there is a constant need for each person to be with someone, which I don't like... but it does help with the ratings.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:24 PM
New Fan

Thanks so much for the in-depth response!

Also, just to let everyone know, the poll will be closing soon (Friday morning, UK time). So if anyone else would like to respond, please do so quickly. Thanks again for all of the help!
Old 01-16-2015, 04:48 AM
New Fan

Poll Closed/Results

Alright everyone, the poll is officially closed! Thanks for all of your help. These are the results:

Final votes: 16

#1: 5
#2: 9
#3: 2

#2 is the "winner"!

Note: After I turned in my essay, there was another vote on Fanpop for #2, but for the purposes of my report, it doesn't count.