Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley486 (View Post)

hoping that never changes
I hope it doesn't either.

I would love a hug between them.

Great art and and I'll check out that video later. Thank you for both!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicated dreamer (View Post)
I don't think it will

They've got that subtle and gentle understanding. They just need more scenes to build on it.
EXACTLY! We just need some scenes with them to show this understanding and we need to it grow even more

Seriously, we need to have a scene in the first episode back, they own us this much Ten episodes with Steroline? Nope, too much

"I think Blair is Dan’s soul mate" - Penn Badgley
JASON MEWES F'KIN WATCHES TVD! Icon made out of thequeenofdrama's graphic
Tumblr
Old 12-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon27 (View Post)
EXACTLY! We just need some scenes with them to show this understanding and we need to it grow even more

Seriously, we need to have a scene in the first episode back, they own us this much Ten episodes with Steroline? Nope, too much
Ohhhh, it'd be really awesome for them to get a nice scene soon. They're lives have just been shaken up again, and they're in new places in their journeys. I feel like right now would be a prime opportunity. They both need a little bit of a rock to keep them going and help them figure out where to go from here.

There's a lot of characters on this show, and a lot of relationships, so I understand sometimes when it takes long periods of time for certain characters to get a scene together again no matter how awesome the chemistry is, but I feel like SC are long over due for another moment. When there's a big change in a character's life, there's all this potential to explore new angles to all their various relationships and the various strong points, like SC's subtle understanding and gentle honesty, that can survive and shine through these changes.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Ohhhh, it'd be really awesome for them to get a nice scene soon. They're lives have just been shaken up again, and they're in new places in their journeys. I feel like right now would be a prime opportunity. They both need a little bit of a rock to keep them going and help them figure out where to go from here.

There's a lot of characters on this show, and a lot of relationships, so I understand sometimes when it takes long periods of time for certain characters to get a scene together again no matter how awesome the chemistry is, but I feel like SC are long over due for another moment. When there's a big change in a character's life, there's all this potential to explore new angles to all their various relationships and the various strong points, like SC's subtle understanding and gentle honesty, that can survive and shine through these changes.
Exactly, and SC are in those moments now where the big changes are coming and like you said, it's a perfect time to explore new angles not just with them but with EVERYBODY. I myself want to see more of the Matt/Bonnie dynamic, I want to see Tyler interacting more with Elena, really forming a friendship between them, Jeremy and Damon creating a type of mentor/pupil relationship and of course our beloved SC developing even more their friendship

Tumblr
Old 12-22-2011, 01:57 PM
New Fan

I think that Stefan adores Caroline and loves spending time with her, and I think that when Caroline looks at Stefan she sees this perfect guy who is unattainable for any girl who isn't a Petrova doppelganger or an Original vampire.

While it may be true that Stefan wouldn't go for a "normal" girl Caroline needs to realise that she isn't a "normal" high school girl anymore (like she said herself "I'm not girly little Caroline anymore"), she is a badass vampire who should find her friend and help him take down Klaus.

The writers really messed up by making Caroline indifferent regarding Stefan's absence (especially when they decided to make Katherine/Elena risk their lives to get him back) and I honestly don't know how they're going to repair the damage without making it feel forced.

But I might actually forgive them if there's at least one real S/C scene in 3x10 or 3x11, that's how desperate I am right now.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly, and SC are in those moments now where the big changes are coming and like you said, it's a perfect time to explore new angles not just with them but with EVERYBODY. I myself want to see more of the Matt/Bonnie dynamic, I want to see Tyler interacting more with Elena, really forming a friendship between them, Jeremy and Damon creating a type of mentor/pupil relationship and of course our beloved SC developing even more their friendship
Yea. I'd love a little bit of a cast shake up since everyone's at a crossroads now

Just as long as SC is in that mix!

Quote:
The writers really messed up by making Caroline indifferent regarding Stefan's absence (especially when they decided to make Katherine/Elena risk their lives to get him back) and I honestly don't know how they're going to repair the damage without making it feel forced.
I don't know if I agree with this. I don't think she was indifferent so much as she had to prioritize her feelings. Elena's her childhood friend, she known her longer, and Elena was right there with her hurting, so she had to be strong for her. In contrast SC is still a budding friendship, so there's still lots of potential for things to grow from there no matter how far down the road.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceSalvatoreForbes (View Post)
I wasn't happy about this at all. I understand that she had other things on her plate, but they didn't even show her being concern about him or really talk about him. I don't think that was to much to ask especially after all he has done for her and the bond they had formed.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:

I don't know if I agree with this. I don't think she was indifferent so much as she had to prioritize her feelings. Elena's her childhood friend, she known her longer, and Elena was right there with her hurting, so she had to be strong for her. In contrast SC is still a budding friendship, so there's still lots of potential for things to grow from there no matter how far down the road.
I get that she had a lot on her plate with Tyler and her dad, and it's understandable that she had to remain strong in Elena's presence. But I still wish that they would have shown Caroline's reaction to the fact that Stefan (who was her rock during S2) was gone (possibly forever). It would have been a great way to show how much he meant to her (we got to see that with Damon, Elena and Katherine) as a friend.

And now I'm wondering how they're going to find common ground because she was somewhere else when he went through hell. Maybe they could bond if Caroline sided with Stefan in his war against Klaus but I don't think the writers are planning on going down that road (because they want to keep Caroline as a member of the Mystic Falls gang).

I mean, what happened to this?

Old 12-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't posted here in forever cause I'm really not enjoying S3 and lost interest in everyting TVD, but I cannot tell you how disappointed I am in how they've handled SC so far this season what happened to 'it's just the tip of the iceberg'?? hopefully the writers weren't lying when they said that, and ther is actually more SC friendship coming up.

SC holiday art, so pretty!

credit
Old 12-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm pretty much agree with you're posts. It's so sad. I had high hopes for this friendship this season.

That art is beautiful!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree with all of you because although is perfectly understandable for her to be there for Elena and keep her strong, it wouldn't kill to put a "I miss Stefan" in there or even in the premiere when Elena say to her that all they wanted was for Elena to move on, make Caroline say something among the lines off "Look, I know you miss him, but you're not the only one. He was my best friend and I wish he was here too".

The only thing that I remember in those lines was when Tyler was talking to Elena and he said that Caroline reminds him everyday that if he hadn't bit Damon, Stefan wouldn't be in that situation. That was IT!

And this S3 Caroline is nothing compared to S2 Caroline. She did absolutely NOTHING this season other than beat the crap out of Damon. She was literally "THE girlfriend" and it was all about "Tyler" ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME! Where's the badass vampire I know she is? The writers really messed up with her character this half of season...

I hope they do best with her in the second half, and with Stefan involved, PLEASE!

Tumblr
Old 12-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon27 (View Post)
I agree with all of you because although is perfectly understandable for her to be there for Elena and keep her strong, it wouldn't kill to put a "I miss Stefan" in there or even in the premiere when Elena say to her that all they wanted was for Elena to move on, make Caroline say something among the lines off "Look, I know you miss him, but you're not the only one. He was my best friend and I wish he was here too".

The only thing that I remember in those lines was when Tyler was talking to Elena and he said that Caroline reminds him everyday that if he hadn't bit Damon, Stefan wouldn't be in that situation. That was IT!
Yeah it wouldn't haved killed them to do that. I would have loved to have heard that from her. Yeah and that one line from Tyler wasn't enough because it wasn't from her directly.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The writers really messed up by making Caroline indifferent regarding Stefan's absence
I lovedddddd their friendship in series 2 and i think this is what kind of turned me off a bit in series 3. is that the indifference of him changing and Caro not really caring. i know there were a lot of storylines going on but i think there should have been at least one scene where this was dealt with.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:30 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm remaining optimistic and I'm not going to judge this season until it's over. It's disappointing that we haven't gotten any SC interaction yet and quite OOC that Caroline hasn't even mentioned him, but we're only just over a third of the way through the season. Caroline's had a lot of stuff going on with her Dad and Tyler, so I can understand why she'd have other things on her plate. I'm going to wait and see what we get after the hiatus. It's entirely possible that they have a barrel-load of SC interaction planned for after the hiatus, so they didn't feel the need to slip any into the first 9 episodes.

Come on guys, let's keep the hope alive!

Old 12-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

yea I mean obviously anything could happen, it'll just be harder for me to buy their close friendship from Caroline's side after we saw absolutely nothing during everything that has happened with Stefan. Idealistically they would do some sort of SL where Caroline helps Stefan or saves him or something in the next part of the season.