Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2019, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Board (Re)Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website. As we want every board to have their own unique look it is preferable that you do not link to the customisations of other boards as suggested colour schemes.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Rora a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes approximately two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have finished making the graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Rora

i love you. ♡
Old 01-16-2019, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for this, GT!

I think we should focus on main characters from each show and in an order that won't make anyone mad So my suggestion is the characters below in this order:

Bonnie, Damon, Elena, Stefan, Caroline, Klaus, Elijah, Hayley, Rebekah, Marcel, Hope, Alaric

This way we have all major ship combinations side by side (Damon/Bonnie, Damon/Elena, Elena/Stefan, Stefan/Caroline, Caroline/Klaus, Elijah/Hayley, Rebekah/Marcel).

And the main character from each show should be a bit bigger if possible, so that would be Elena, Klaus and Hope.

Color-wise, I like the purple-ness we have but to change it up a bit I'd love some pink-ish/blue-ish tones mixed in, like this: x

I'm gonna hunt for pictures!

ETA:

Bonnie
Damon
Elena
Stefan
Caroline
Klaus
Elijah
Hayley
Rebekah
Marcel
Hope
Alaric

Last edited by a new hope; 01-16-2019 at 12:11 PM
Old 01-16-2019, 12:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager

As Legacies has its own board we will not be including it in your graphic in order to avoid confusion. This is not open to discussion. If you have any questions please PM me.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-16-2019, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well the characters that I mentioned from Legacies are in the shows TVD and TO I didn't mention any characters that are exclusive to Legacies. So which characters are you suggesting get removed?
Old 01-16-2019, 12:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I was making a general comment with no relation to your post. If you wish to direct it to any part of your post though it would be listing 3 mains.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-16-2019, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh ok Well I'd like to have Hope there because she's basically the main plot in The Originals that was carried from Hayley's pregnancy from sleeping with Klaus in TVD, and Alaric was a main in TVD, but if you guys don't wanna do a graphic with too many characters and the focus is TVD/TO, then I guess Hope and Alaric would be the ones to go. Or just ignore my suggestion of making Hope bigger since she's only the main character in Legacies.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

We will be ignoring making her bigger, yes. The amount of characters included is up to you. I would recommend stopping at 8/10 characters but the max is about 15.

As a mod of another franchise board I would recommend deciding how many characters you want in the banner (E.G. we maxed it at 12 on NCIS), then how many you want from the two shows (E.G. we went with 4 each, I think Buffy is 4 or 5 from each). Then decide which characters to include

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-16-2019, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok I mentioned 12, unless I'm forgetting someone important But I think I got them all, and with the shippy mess (especially between Stefan/Elena/Damon and Stefan/Caroline/Klaus) I hope we can do the order I mentioned If you guys think 12 is too much while you guys make the graphics, then we can discuss eliminating some
Old 01-16-2019, 12:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager

As I said, 15 is our max

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-16-2019, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To make it easier for us Graphics Team members, at least me, would it be too much to ask if you could put in parentheses the actor's name against the character name so when looking for images of higher quality, if needed, it's more simplified?
Old 01-16-2019, 04:43 PM
Graphics Team

TVD season 6 photos
TO season 5 photos

I don't get why there's not a photo for Rebekah or Elijah in TO photos Even though Rebekah was recurring in the later seasons.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 01-16-2019, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ Great high quality photos!
Old 01-16-2019, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Gonna comment tomorrow when have time and energy
Old 01-16-2019, 10:21 PM
Graphics Team Manager

So much easier to post & read things when its not early in the morning for me & I'm not on my phone . Now I'll actually look at Tar's post & read the characters she mentioned

From what I understand (thanks Google/Wikipedia/Tar's list) the main TVD characters are Damon, Stefan, Elena, Bonnie, & Caroline. Would you class Elena as the main/most important of the show still even though she went out of it? There's also a Matt character who was in it from start to finish so to me I want to question how is Elena more important than him - but I also realise the show was started at least with her as the main. So I just want to throw that thought out there as maybe you'd prefer to focus on Damon/Stefan but still have the three as the biggest with the other two girls being smaller than them? Alaric you mentioned but wasn't a main throughout the show while this Matt person was so would you want Matt over Alaric or both or neither? Again, just throwing thoughts out there. Remember I know nothing about the shows here so you can completely ignore me if you'd like

Then for The Originals Klaus, Elijah, Hayley, & Marcel are the ones who are main throughout the show. Is Rebekah important enough to want to keep her or would you rather keep it to those 4? I realise she's one of the originals (I know that much! ) but was she a major part of the show enough to take a space in your graphic? Then for Hope is there a preferred actress to use for her? I presume the last one who now plays her in Legacies makes the most sense but not sure if there's a preference more for a previous one? I did see that Summer Fontana played her in the 4th season & as a younger version in season 5. Not sure if there were promotional pictures of her either but again throwing something out there . Also want to add that I can see more reason for adding Hope in than for adding Rebekah since it was questioned earlier if I wanted Hope left off (& I don't really care who you have in your graphic, its not my decision, I won't be posting here, & I'll most likely be making something regardless )

For me I could bring you guys down to 5 characters from each show but I also have no idea who this Alarc guy is but its not my intention to bring the numbers down. When considering the characters though keep in mind that the more you have the smaller they will be. But I can see the importance of most if not all the characters you've listed so this is in no way me asking you to narrow things down. Its just a general comment as I know that some people don't like the characters being small & find them crowded. My board (NCIS) has 11 characters in it if you want an example of size/crowdedness

Now your colours I'm concerned about the boldness of that combination of shades. I fear that they're all too dark & would be too harsh on the eyes without some more softer colours. Would you mind some softer versions of those shades added in or do you want to look into something different? If we went with soft tones we could do more pale green or more pale orange (or whatever you'd call the 2nd & 3rd shades going down) shades? The top one softened would be pink which we can do but I think that's a no go if I'm remembering right & not sure if it'd fit the shows either but it is an option too if you want it

Then as previously mentioned the pictures aren't the best quality (I know Rebekah's will be impossible to use) so if there are better quality versions please share . The ones which Jac linked to should be good though (they just don't have Rebekah, but I imagine she would have one in the season 1 section on that site). Millie if you need further help figuring out which character is which let me know, but I don't think that its necessary to list actor names or anything like that

Quote:
in an order that won't make anyone mad
Always the best idea . This I imagine would be tricky with these shows but I trust you guys can guide us in the right direction for that one . I don't envy you that job to figure it out though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-16-2019, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

The main characters on TVD to me are Elena, Damon, Stefan, Caroline and Bonnie (sorry Matt, Jeremy and Tyler! - they're sort of in and out based on SL).

The main characters of The Originals are Klaus, Elijah, Hayley and Marcel in terms of consistently being on the show. Davina, Freya and even Cami were on more episodes than Rebekah, even though I Rebekah! Although Hope is always as through line for the show, I don't think she necessarily has to be in the banner. Then again if I'm going by the logic of which characters were most on the show, probably if we were to combine all the different actresses that played her, she should start to get up there in number of episodes.

I wish we could have two banners I mean I have to say TVD banner right now is pretty perfect.

Also, I really enjoy light coloring! I remember when I was modding here during the dark purple days and oh my god, my eyes after a major posting session

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)