Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Total Fan

I might be deluding myself, but if people's speculations are true, then I feel like it's very possible after the finale.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I don't read spoilers or speculations and my imagination isn't great so it's hard for me to picture it. Definitely does not mean it can't happen. If anything, I'd welcome it though.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The flashbacks are really retconning the pilot and saintifying Damon.
I'm sick of it...so "a lifetime of misery" lasted for a really short amount of time per s2
and each time after that they've seen each other in flashbacks it's been pleasant...then why would Damon bring up "lifetime of misery" in the pilot. Why were the brothers so antagonistic in s1? I doubt we'll see it and if we do it'll again be for the purpose of saintifying Damon

as for present Damon-Stefan...I can't fully buy it because Damon will choose Elena over him
re:Enzo...I can see Damon being upset at Stefan with no mention of Lexi.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
I might be deluding myself, but if people's speculations are true, then I feel like it's very possible after the finale.
I don't read spoilers to have a even-more-surprising finale... but now you're scaring me so much

Quote:
The flashbacks are really retconning the pilot and saintifying Damon.
I'm sick of it...so "a lifetime of misery" lasted for a really short amount of time per s2
and each time after that they've seen each other in flashbacks it's been pleasant...then why would Damon bring up "lifetime of misery" in the pilot. Why were the brothers so antagonistic in s1? I doubt we'll see it and if we do it'll again be for the purpose of saintifying Damon
I don't see how the flashbacks are santifying Damon when in 1912 he drove Stefan to be a ripper basically (and apologized for it I may add ) and in the 60's he killed Maggie making it look like it was Stefan and that was a low move The world isn't black and white, Damon may still loved his brother and yet be angry with him and make him suffer for the memory of Katherine. Or maybe something else happened we don't know yet, IDK, but I don't see Damon coming out as the good guy in the FB, but just as a complex people with issues, not completely good nor evil

Quote:
as for present Damon-Stefan...I can't fully buy it because Damon will choose Elena over him
You cannot know that unless you're CD He can choose both for what we know, it's not like they annul each other, since he loves them both

Quote:
re:Enzo...I can see Damon being upset at Stefan with no mention of Lexi.
I think Lexie has been mentioned enough, we can move on from it Damon did a bad thing killing her, Stefan suffered, we get it, but I find it ridicolous to mention it again and again like he hasn't been reminded of it for 4-5 seasons or still matters something, we don't mention Andie anymore too or anyone that was killed in the process.
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 04-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
I don't read spoilers to have a even-more-surprising finale... but now you're scaring me so much
Awww, I'm sorry! If the specs are true though, I would say prepare yourself.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
Awww, I'm sorry! If the specs are true though, I would say prepare yourself.
Ok, I'll try....
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 04-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

"saintifying Damon" ? lol
Just because they show us other sides to him does not mean he is a saint by any means. They are trying to show us that both brothers can do good AND bad. I'm still trying to figure out how all of this is relevant when we're rooting for them to reconcile completely. This has nothing to do with who takes or gives more, it's about them accepting each other and going back to being the brothers they once were. As the writers have showed us time and time again, these vampires have been around for many lifetimes. They forgive and move on because they've had way more time than any human can have. I still don't understand why we have to keep score when it comes to Damon and Stefan.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

WORD SHIRA
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 04-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think Lexie has been mentioned enough, we can move on from it
I don't agree...when has it been? Just the s4 finale
Maybe saintifying is the wrong word but the flashbacks post s1 have retconned "lifetime of misery" since everytime we saw them it was pleasant
Old 04-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Elite Fan

Lol so? That's the story they want to tell. I'm sorry that Damon having a good heart in the past goes against the hateful damon persona people love to cling on to. Why is it "enough" of that, but not "enough" of the Lexie mentions?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really love Ian and Paul so much that I want to ship Defan and I do like some of their scenes for a minute or two before I give up again. I just see the whole relationship to be one sided. I am not saying Damon doesn't care for Stefan, because he clearly does. I don't think he will ever hurt him on pupose but I need more from Damon's side.

I really hope the writers make it more even between the two because it doesn't work otherwise. I mean we have seen Stefan sacrifice everything for Damon more than once, we have seen him chose Damon over everyone including Elena but we don't even hear Damon appreciating Stefan and that just annoys me to no end. For example, I hate it when Damon says things like Elena is the ONLY one, the only good, the one thing etc, when he has a brother who will do (and has done) anything for him. It's like Stefan isn't as important to him as Elena. Hell, in the last episode, it almost felt like even Enzo meant more, I haven't heard Damon be so expressive towards Stefan. And I don't buy the Damon isn't good at expressing himslef, because he is pretty good at expressing himself to Elena so why can't he do the same for his little brother?

The writers have really messed this up and I keep waiting for improvement but I am always disappointed. I am still waiting for some sort of sacrifice from Damon's side specifically for Stefan. And I would like to see Damon putting Stefan first and formost before everone including himself. I don't know why but I have a feeling we might get something like that at the end of the season.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
I don't agree...when has it been? Just the s4 finale
Maybe saintifying is the wrong word but the flashbacks post s1 have retconned "lifetime of misery" since everytime we saw them it was pleasant
She has been mentioned many times in season2, and few in season4, all the times by Stefan reminding Damon he killed her and We get it, Damon gets it. Again, we can move on now, I never saw Stefan mentioning or apologizing for Andie though. Not that I care but again, double standars much.

Well, I don't you, but he didn't look so "good" in 1912 and 1970's, he wasn't so much pleasent

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLuvWivLuv (View Post)
I really love Ian and Paul so much that I want to ship Defan and I do like some of their scenes for a minute or two before I give up again. I just see the whole relationship to be one sided. I am not saying Damon doesn't care for Stefan, because he clearly does. I don't think he will ever hurt him on pupose but I need more from Damon's side.

I really hope the writers make it more even between the two because it doesn't work otherwise. I mean we have seen Stefan sacrifice everything for Damon more than once, we have seen him chose Damon over everyone including Elena but we don't even hear Damon appreciating Stefan and that just annoys me to no end.
Damon keep saying all the times Stefan is better than him and deserves more than him, he told Elena so many times, as much as praise him in her presence so she won't think bad of him Maybe he does it trough sassy quotes and not big, sentimental speeches, but really, IDK how you couldn't see those times too

Quote:
For example, I hate it when Damon says things like Elena is the ONLY one, the only good, the one thing etc, when he has a brother who will do (and has done) anything for him. It's like Stefan isn't as important to him as Elena. Hell, in the last episode, it almost felt like even Enzo meant more, I haven't heard Damon be so expressive towards Stefan. And I don't buy the Damon isn't good at expressing himslef, because he is pretty good at expressing himself to Elena so why can't he do the same for his little brother?
I think that's more complicated than that. Of course Stefan is important to him, but his relationship with Elena is different, she saw the good of him way before Stefan and bothered to know him and fight for him, while Stefan still in season5 thought bad of him in many occasions I'm not saying that Stefan doens't love him or think entirely bad of him, but with Elena is different, and Damon holds on her a lot... at the same time, Stefan mentioned many times Elena is the one who makes him happy ect etc, while he never/barely mentioned his brother; it's the same thing: it doesn't mean they don't love each other or aren't important to each other, just that they have a different relationship from SE/DE Still, for example, Damon said Stefan was the hope he clung on during hsi Augustine day, and there were "people worth to holding our humanity for" and it was obvious it was Stefan; again, Damon doesn't make big speeches, but showed many times his brother is important to him Of course jut my opinion

About Denzo, it's a different relationship too, don't think it's fair to compare it to Defan: Damon owes Enzo because he saved him from himself in the cell, he wants to give him a second chance in return and would love to see both his family/friends and Enzo to survive and be ok in the end, but in a matter of life and death I don't think it's even arguable who Damon will save

Quote:
The writers have really messed this up and I keep waiting for improvement but I am always disappointed. I am still waiting for some sort of sacrifice from Damon's side specifically for Stefan. And I would like to see Damon putting Stefan first and formost before everone including himself. I don't know why but I have a feeling we might get something like that at the end of the season.
Damon sacrificed his own feelings many times for Stefan and put him first too... but at this point, if you all want to see something more memorable from his part, then so be it
I am the storm"

Anna

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 04-28-2014 at 11:22 AM
Old 04-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

I stand behind what I said about Damon having a hard time expressing himself because you can't compare how a guy expresses himself to a woman to how he expresses himself to a male loved one. Obviously this doesn't apply to all guys, but Damon definitely falls under this category. He obviously loved Alaric, but had a hard time expressing himself there as well.

I also think that it was lovely how Damon wanted to "save" Enzo because he was trying to take a page out of Stefan's book. Idk why it's so easy to dismiss the good and the little things that don't come easy Damon. They may not be a big deal coming from someone like Stefan, but it's a step in the right direction coming from Damon and I feel like instead of appreciating the fact that he is moving forward into the right path, he is constantly being bashed for things he's done in the past when every of the other characters have done things that were just as bad as him. Those flashbacks are windows into Damon's character. Maybe it's hard to accept it because it's easier to dislike him and not see the good, but it's part of who he was/is. No point in dismissing it just cuz u disagree with his actions in the present.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
She has been mentioned many times in season2, and few in season4, all the times by Stefan reminding Damon he killed her and We get it, Damon gets it. Again, we can move on now, I never saw Stefan mentioning or apologizing for Andie though. Not that I care but again, double standars much.

Well, I don't you, but he didn't look so "good" in 1912 and 1970's, he wasn't so much pleasent

Damon keep saying all the times Stefan is better than him and deserves more than him, he told Elena so many times, as much as praise him in her presence so she won't think bad of him Maybe he does it trough sassy quotes and not big, sentimental speeches, but really, IDK how you couldn't see those times too

I think that's more complicated than that. Of course Stefan is important to him, but his relationship with Elena is different, she saw the good of him way before Stefan and bothered to know him and fight for him, while Stefan still in season5 thought bad of him in many occasions I'm not saying that Stefan doens't love him or think entirely bad of him, but with Elena is different, and Damon holds on her a lot... at the same time, Stefan mentioned many times Elena is the one who makes him happy ect etc, while he never/barely mentioned his brother; it's the same thing: it doesn't mean they don't love each other or aren't important to each other, just that they have a different relationship from SE/DE Still, for example, Damon said Stefan was the hope he clung on during hsi Augustine day, and there were "people worth to holding our humanity for" and it was obvious it was Stefan; again, Damon doesn't make big speeches, but showed many times his brother is important to him Of course jut my opinion

About Denzo, it's a different relationship too, don't think it's fair to compare it to Defan: Damon owes Enzo because he saved him from himself in the cell, he wants to give him a second chance in return and would love to see both his family/friends and Enzo to survive and be ok in the end, but in a matter of life and death I don't think it's even arguable who Damon will save

Damon sacrificed his own feelings many times for Stefan and put him first too... but at this point, if you all want to see something more memorable from his part, then so be it

OK first of all, Damon killing Lexie was and is a big deal. She was not only the only friend Stefan had but also his best friend, she meant the world to him and Damon knew that, he knew what she meant to Stefan, he knew how hurt Stefan would be but he still did it for no reason. I wonder if everyone would say the same 'get over it' if Stefan killed Alaric or Enzo (on purpose, the way Damon killed Lexie). Stefan may have rightly mentioned it but has Damon even apologised to Stefan for killing her? Has he even felt sorry for taken her away from Stefan? Has he ever even felt guilty of killing his brother's only best friend like Stefan is feeling regarding Enzo even though he wasn't directly responsible for his death?

I know Damon would chose Stefan over Enzo and I get why he was saying all those things about him. I would just like to hear him express his feelings for Stefan in a similar way.

Remind me, when did Damon sacrice his feelings for Stefan? When did he put Stefan first? From what I remember, he put his feelings aside for Elena because Elena wasn't receptive of his feeling at that point. I think Damon has been very insensitive to Stefan's feelings and selfish when it came to his feelings for Elena. Like kissing her twice and then sleeping with her a week after their breakup and it said a lot especially when Stefan didn't do the same thing when he was in that situation.

I don't understand how Stefan was the one being insensitive to Damon in season 4. Wasn't Stefan the one who initiated the whole 'I want you to know" scene even after being deeply hurt by Damon. In season 5, Stefan tried to save him but Damon clearly didn't want to be saved so he asked him to leave after he stooped so low (hurting Jeremy). And again he regreted the very next day and fought for him again.

The point is, Stefan has been a much better brother to Damon than Damon has been to Stefan. This is not just my opinion, it's a fact.

Last edited by InLuvWivLuv; 04-28-2014 at 12:15 PM
Old 04-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

Actually Damon apologized for Lexi in the very next episode But yeah, it was pretty snarky, so I get why it doesn't really count, so don't jump my throat

Anyway, sorry for changing the topic, but am I the only one thinking that the very last flashback we will see in the show will be Seattle in the nineties?
And that something will happen there which will renew the 'eternity of misery'? To come full circle I've been thinking that for a while now