Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Beauty and the Beast {Klaus|Hayley}#10: Because it has everything to do with her.

The Alpha Little Wolf
a p p r e c i a t i o n t h r e a d

x

supporters
01. Slat92
02. Stay to the lights
03. WilSonღFan
04. unspokenღwords
05. B.Chambers
06. truepiclove
07. Bronson
08. SkinnyLove
09. *Beautiful Stranger*
10. ~Lost and Found~
11. aelita
12. liomi95
13. ~Becks~
14. JaSam4life
15. Calgaryfan2006
16. HannahFan
17. deep within me
18. Clarissa Fray
19. ladybugjess
20. bonnie51
21. Nici Dawson

"She’s the portal to his redemption”- JP

x

reasons
01. Because she's the mother of his unborn child.
02. Because their one night stand was hot.
03. Becaus they have a lot more in common.
04. Because they both want to protect their baby.
05. Because they're having a girl.
06. Because he doesn't like it when she mentions Elijah.
07. Because he wants to protect Hayley.
08. Because Klaus came as soon as he heard Hayley was in trouble.
09. Because their baby healed her and Klaus couldn't be more proud.
10. Because she called his house 'home'.
11. Because he caught her when she fainted.
12 Because he was obviously jealous when Elijah went after her.
13. And my foe beheld it shine. And he knew that it was mine.
14. Because no one touches his family.
15. Because he thinks she's exquisite.

x

"The girl is carying your c h i l d"

Joseph || Phoebe

videos
| Wake Me Up | Lolita | Nitesky | Turn It Back | Zombie
| Take Me | Care | One Of A Kind |

previous threads
01|02|03|04|05|06| 07|08 | 09

Last edited by Nothing Else Matters; 12-08-2013 at 10:07 PM
Old 12-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT
Old 12-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

Mandi, do we add the tags or do the mods?

Old 12-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

My last post on the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
No clue. Right now its easy for people to say its the baby and that's fine... although he acted the same way on TVD before 4x16.
People can't keep chalking it up to the baby.

Quote:
It'd be hard for him to be frustrated with the fact that she's been indifferent towards him if he didn't want her to like him a bit better than she seems to.
Must be incredibly frustrating for him to like her on some level yet she doesn't seem to like him at all... Also I think he wouldn't mind if she looked admiringly at him, like she does with Klaus. There was that line of hers about his diabolical that I think if I recall correctly, he liked.

Quote:
As for on TVD... I think she intrigued him. And, like I said once before, Klaus can get distracted by a pretty face.

So I think there it was a combination of the fact that here was this pretty girl who had heard about him who was new, who was passionate in her dislike for what was going on and wasn't afraid of him and got in his face. Who argued about the choices he made or was making. So I think she intrigued him, both on the being a pretty face as well as the fact that she wasn't showing the response that he's used to getting from people when learning of who and what he is.

Basically, I think he was intrigued a little by her and the fact that she was pretty didn't hurt either

Sometimes I also wonder if the fact that she is also a werewolf didn't intrigue him a little as well.
I can see the pretty face distracting him...
Maybe it was a werewolf who didn't fear that he found intriguing?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt

awesome OP

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 12-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Else Matters (View Post)
Mandi, do we add the tags or do the mods?
Doesn't matter either or does it. I usually do the tags as I post the thread its easier that way
Old 12-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

I changed the first image only because the link was broken and when I clicked the link it led me to a different pairing. We can always change it back. I can go to the older threads and get a link.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have to say...that GIF in the OP of their sex scene is pretty wild

Old 12-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

I do think that her being a werewolf might have had something to do with it. But I think it was more that she just wasn't afraid of him and spoke her mind.

I think it has to be amazingly frustrating for both of them. And while I am loving Klaus, I think its more frustrating for Haley, maybe. Lemme explain.

Klaus: I'm trying to keep you safe. Not that you appreciate the effort.
Haley: And after I have this baby, what happens to me then?
Klaus: Takes first breath. Deep second breath. Closes mouth and says nothing.

In a way, that one scene summed up how frustrating it might be for Haley. Here's this guy who happens to be the father of your baby who you might like a tiny bit but certainly don't love. And you have serious doubts as to how much he cares for you, other than you being a baby maker.

Then, he gives you that. That he's trying to keep you safe, even if his methods are twisted and not what you want. So... being the brave girl you are you decide to probe the water's temperature a bit further by asking the question of what is going to happen to you once the baby is born.

And just like that... the bank is closed. He finally shows or voices some real emotion / frustration towards you, maybe indicating that he might actually give a damn after all. And then as soon as you follow up... he shuts you down. And he's back to being closed off. Also a big fan of the Rachel Morgan series and Rachel/Trent fan. And to me there were exchanges between those two that might fit here

Even though its not enough because you want more. You want everything you didn't have as a child and person growing up. But trying to get an honest emotional reaction from or for him to open up to seems about as hard as trying to catch the wind with your two hands. And much like the wind, you never know where the breeze is coming from next and when it might leave.

In some ways they remind me of Babe and JR from AMC. And I think this one line sums it up with where they are right now:

Babe: You say that you care about me but I know you. I know that the caring could leave as quick as it came.

Might not be a bad way to sum up how she might view him right now. I think she's starting to figure out that he does care about the baby. And maybe even her. But like Babe, I'm sure that she does know him and as Babe said with JR, she's probably fearful of the same with Klaus.

That the caring could leave as quick as it came.

Last edited by bonnie51; 12-08-2013 at 10:18 PM
Old 12-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The OP really does look nice
Old 12-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And just like that... the bank is closed. He finally shows or voices some real emotion / frustration towards you, maybe indicating that he might actually give a damn after all. And then as soon as you follow up... he shuts you down. Like you are supposed to take and accept the little trinket that he gave you and be greatfull.
It's not being fair to Hayley.

Quote:
Even though its not enough because you want more. You want everything you didn't have as a child and person growing up. But trying to get an honest emotional reaction from or for him to open up to seems about as hard as trying to catch the wind with your two hands. And much like the wind, you never know where the breeze is coming from next and when it might leave.
This is the hot and cold of Klaus again.

Quote:
Babe: You say that you care about me but I know you. I know that the caring could leave as quick as it came.

Might not be a bad way to sum up how she might view him right now. I think she's starting to figure out that he does care about the baby. And maybe even her. But like Babe, I'm sure that she does know him and as Babe said with JR, she's probably fearful of the same with Klaus.

That the caring could leave as quick as it came.
I like that quote. That must be very frustrating for Hayley because even if Klaus knows where she stands, he's not telling her. That unknown for Hayley must be a little frightening...
Old 12-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
this is such a true description of Klaus

Old 12-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugjess (View Post)
It's not being fair to Hayley.
No its not. And that is probably what she would tell him if it ever came up. Was that how could he expect her to know that he cared, however much or however little it might be, since he never let her know? Or showed her in any way, really?

I get that Klaus is afraid of being hurt... and he's probably worried about her "leaving" to be with Elijah. Or someone else. So I can see where maybe in his mind that if she didn't want the baby either than as soon as the baby comes that she'll leave him. That she is only there because she has to be right now because as he told her once in MF "he's the only one that can keep her safe" kind of deal. So I get that, maybe from his POV.

But he has to learn that keeping her at arm's length isn't going to help. And that part of the reason that Haley missed Elijah and has bonded with him is because he's opened up about their past and who he is, etc.

If you want to lose someone than you do what Klaus is doing. You keep them at arms length even if you do care and then get mad when they leave or talk of leaving ie when he found out she might get rid of the baby. I think both she and Rebekah were shocked that he cared that she was doing such a thing enough to react like that. Rebekah said as much.

Quote:
This is the hot and cold of Klaus again.
Yep... although I think I might call it "Klaus in Confliction " or "Klaus vs. Klaus"

Because we see it a little bit with his siblings, Marcel, Haley, even Cami LOL.

And that's why I thought JoMo knocked that scene out of the park with her because of the way he looked as he took each breathe before closing his mouth. He wanted to say something. But then thought better of it. He's never been shy of threatening people with something, even if he never follows through so I Don't think he was about to tell her that he was going to kill her once the baby was born. I know he wasn't going to tell her he cared about her deeply and wanted her to stay either... but I do think he might have said what he said the night of their ONS:

"So you're free to go... or stay" Something like that. Even though they had been been flirting and drinking most of the night, even there Klaus wouldn't let himself just come out and say that he clearly wanted her to stay...

for which I give Haley props... she sauntered up to him and told him that basically, no, HE was going to have to decide. Either he wanted her to stay and he didn't care and she could leave. She made him make the decision. Klaus wanted to put the ball in her court but she put it right back in his. Kind of like telling him that he wasn't get off that easy. He was going to have to admit that at least in that moment he wanted her.

Which is what I think she was kind of trying to do with her question about after the baby. He said he was trying to protect her (again) and keep her safe which implied some kind of caring. But open ended. So she tried once again to get a definite response from Klaus and this time he was able to stop himself. It wasn't good enough for her that he wanted to keep her / their child safe. She wanted him to admit something, either that he was going to kick her out / kill her or that he wanted her to stay.

Quote:
I like that quote. That must be very frustrating for Hayley because even if Klaus knows where she stands, he's not telling her. That unknown for Hayley must be a little frightening...
It has to be and I'm sure that it is. Babe and JR were IMO a really good love story on AMC for the most part although JR had his share of demons and it certainly got ugly at times with them. Ironically, Babe hooked up with JR's half brother and took his son on the run for a while.

Also, Jaime always tried to get JR to embrace the good parts of him, to love, to feel. He had a hard time accepting JR when JR was darker. but despite the demons JR and Babe almost always found a way back to each other.

But anyways, in the same episode when JR tells her that he does care about her and that his white flag was around there somewhere she asked him "how can we have a future when loving me is a fight you feel you lost?"

and in some ways I think there is a fight going on inside Klaus... between the part of him that wiped out the city council and Marcel's vampires and is perfectly capable of killing Haley...

and the part that does want to be a better father than the one he has and the one that IMO must care enough to be bothered that she goes to Elijah, etc.

But as you said, its just got to be terrifying for Haley not knowing which Klaus, or which side of Klaus is going to win. You might be able to hope for the best but preparing for the worst might not be the worst idea.

Thanks... Klaus reminds me of the people who have wild animals as pets sometimes. Like a tiger. Beautiful, powerful, majestic, amazing... . Problem is, you never know when the tiger is going to try and eat you. Because its in its nature.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No its not. And that is probably what she would tell him if it ever came up. Was that how could he expect her to know that he cared, however much or however little it might be, since he never let her know? Or showed her in any way, really?
Especially since he seems to go back and forth.

Quote:
I get that Klaus is afraid of being hurt... and he's probably worried about her "leaving" to be with Elijah. Or someone else. So I can see where maybe in his mind that if she didn't want the baby either than as soon as the baby comes that she'll leave him. That she is only there because she has to be right now because as he told her once in MF "he's the only one that can keep her safe" kind of deal. So I get that, maybe from his POV.

But he has to learn that keeping her at arm's length isn't going to help. And that part of the reason that Haley missed Elijah and has bonded with him is because he's opened up about their past and who he is, etc.

If you want to lose someone than you do what Klaus is doing. You keep them at arms length even if you do care and then get mad when they leave or talk of leaving ie when he found out she might get rid of the baby. I think both she and Rebekah were shocked that he cared that she was doing such a thing enough to react like that. Rebekah said as much.
IF he's in love with her he is doing everything to make her choose Elijah (if she hasn't already). This creates that vicious Klaus cycle where he lashes out when he's hurt. How's Hayley supposed to know this is hurting him, if he doesn't tell her.

Quote:
Yep... although I think I might call it "Klaus in Confliction " or "Klaus vs. Klaus"

Quote:
Because we see it a little bit with his siblings, Marcel, Haley, even Cami LOL.
It's not like he's incapable of talking about his feelings.

Quote:
And that's why I thought JoMo knocked that scene out of the park with her because of the way he looked as he took each breathe before closing his mouth. He wanted to say something. But then thought better of it. He's never been shy of threatening people with something, even if he never follows through so I Don't think he was about to tell her that he was going to kill her once the baby was born. I know he wasn't going to tell her he cared about her deeply and wanted her to stay either... but I do think he might have said what he said the night of their ONS:
That was a good scene.

Quote:
"So you're free to go... or stay" Something like that. Even though they had been been flirting and drinking most of the night, even there Klaus wouldn't let himself just come out and say that he clearly wanted her to stay...

for which I give Haley props... she sauntered up to him and told him that basically, no, HE was going to have to decide. Either he wanted her to stay and he didn't care and she could leave. She made him make the decision. Klaus wanted to put the ball in her court but she put it right back in his. Kind of like telling him that he wasn't get off that easy. He was going to have to admit that at least in that moment he wanted her.
When I was watching the clippy, it made me think that Hayley gave him the control he craves. At the same time, pushed him to make a decision.

Quote:
Which is what I think she was kind of trying to do with her question about after the baby. He said he was trying to protect her (again) and keep her safe which implied some kind of caring. But open ended. So she tried once again to get a definite response from Klaus and this time he was able to stop himself. It wasn't good enough for her that he wanted to keep her / their child safe. She wanted him to admit something, either that he was going to kick her out / kill her or that he wanted her to stay.
This is something I think Hayley was right in putting in Klaus' court. Making him confront stuff. Maybe it was a little early, but she's not going to be pregnant forever.

Quote:
But anyways, in the same episode when JR tells her that he does care about her and that his white flag was around there somewhere she asked him "how can we have a future when loving me is a fight you feel you lost?"
I can see that quote as applying to future K/H.

Quote:
and in some ways I think there is a fight going on inside Klaus... between the part of him that wiped out the city council and Marcel's vampires and is perfectly capable of killing Haley...

and the part that does want to be a better father than the one he has and the one that IMO must care enough to be bothered that she goes to Elijah, etc.
I can see that. You also that with his interactions with his siblings... Part of him wants to care but another wants them gone...

Quote:
But as you said, its just got to be terrifying for Haley not knowing which Klaus, or which side of Klaus is going to win. You might be able to hope for the best but preparing for the worst might not be the worst idea.
Especially when there is a baby involved.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

I always love the discussion in this thread. Off to catch up.