Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2017, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

It would have meant more than many unecessary scenes in the finale, if only the writers had cared more But no surprise considering how they ended them
I am the storm"

Anna
LabuanPearl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:24 PM
Farewell New Girl

I agree!! It's very frustrating and upsetting!!
Old 07-19-2017, 01:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

A smile or something would have been nice, even as a homage. Also, I would think Bonnie would want to come back to teach at the school after having some time away and free, considering how much she struggled on her own with magic.

I am watching S6 in its entirety and am almost done, having only watched TVD sporadically since S4. I remember sometime in S5? Beremy got really murky and convuluted but then in the finale of S5 (I have seen scenes of it) Jeremy really cared about Bonnie "dying" and when she was gone he went off the deep end. He helped her not kill herself in the prison world in S6, and after having seen that...he suddenly decides to move on with his life? Weird. I remember seeing parts of that originally and it was stuff like that which made me roll my eyes and stop viewing loyally. I know it had to do with the actor leaving perhaps, but it was so inconsistently written, as had been a lot of their relationship. That's why I gave up on it too, esp. when I saw her chemistry with Damon.

I did always think Bonnie treated Jeremy a little bit like a child though--and it didn't help that he acted like one sometimes! She only told him she was going to die over the phone at the last minute in S5, as if she didn't think he could take it. It is strange that in S6 she never seems to miss him, if I recall. It was sweet when it lasted.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthisbeauty (View Post)
A smile or something would have been nice, even as a homage. Also, I would think Bonnie would want to come back to teach at the school after having some time away and free, considering how much she struggled on her own with magic.

I am watching S6 in its entirety and am almost done, having only watched TVD sporadically since S4. I remember sometime in S5? Beremy got really murky and convuluted but then in the finale of S5 (I have seen scenes of it) Jeremy really cared about Bonnie "dying" and when she was gone he went off the deep end. He helped her not kill herself in the prison world in S6, and after having seen that...he suddenly decides to move on with his life? Weird. I remember seeing parts of that originally and it was stuff like that which made me roll my eyes and stop viewing loyally. I know it had to do with the actor leaving perhaps, but it was so inconsistently written, as had been a lot of their relationship. That's why I gave up on it too, esp. when I saw her chemistry with Damon.

I did always think Bonnie treated Jeremy a little bit like a child though--and it didn't help that he acted like one sometimes! She only told him she was going to die over the phone at the last minute in S5, as if she didn't think he could take it. It is strange that in S6 she never seems to miss him, if I recall. It was sweet when it lasted.
Nothing made sense to me, in season5 they were so in love and cute and he did everything he could to bring her back, in s6 he risked to die to stop her from committing suicide, that was love for sure, and a deep one. It made no sense he moved on from her especially when he knew she was back. The actor simply left and they couldn't write it in a believable way, so they just gave up on it

And yeah, in season6 she showed no love or emotions toward him, for the little I remember, I get it when she was in the AU world, thinking she couldn't come back, but after she did it made no sense she didn't search for him or try to get him back I don't even remember if they told her he had risked his life for her, disgusting
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 07-20-2017, 02:12 PM
Farewell New Girl

That is terrible! The writers got lazy when it came to them for sure, which isn't fair to their characters and the love they had for each other!
Old 07-23-2017, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

If you have to make two people break up at any costs, at least make it believable
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 07-23-2017, 04:20 PM
Farewell New Girl

So true!
Old 07-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I watched some of the special features and there's a scene of Jeremy coming back to see Elena who just fell under the sleeping curse and seeing Bonnie by the door and she smiles expectantly at him and he smiles back. Then Tyler comes out and Jeremy asks if he wants to make his life count and join him in hunting. That's it. It seems like that was the first time seeing each other since she came back. I remember Jeremy told Elena to tell him if Bonnie ever comes back, but that's about it. They must have told him, but looks like he didn't come back to visit until that deleted scene. They also must have told Bonnie what Jeremy did for her, but we never see that. Wait...I seem to remember something about Bonnie saying something about not letting Jeremy know she's back, I just remembered, because she's not the same girl he remembered (she's all hardened and vengeful after being left alone so long). I'll have to look for it and see.

There's also an interview with Julie Plec about it being time for Jeremy to leave Mystic Falls and fulfill his purpose after so much hardship (which is kind of contradictory if you think about it, I now realize. If he's had hardship in MF won't he have more as a hunter?) That's a nice sendoff for his character EXCEPT they handled his relationship with Bonnie badly (and it's a little unrealistic that Elena wouldn't find out that he didn't actually go to art school.)
Old 07-25-2017, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

I remember that, but I found it a bit cold There wasn't much emotion from both fo them, especially Bonnie, I get she was a different person but it's not like feelings just disappeared like that If Jeremy hadn't left they probably would have explored them again, maybe a triangle with Enzo too

Nothing made sense in the finale to me, Jeremy accepted too easily Elena being in magical coma, I was so pissed by that, so no surprise the rest was the same
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 07-25-2017, 07:42 PM
Farewell New Girl

It made no sense to me how easily Jeremy accepted Elena going into a magical coma. It's like they just gave up on his character.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, pretty much, it was not just Beremy, but all his relationships
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 07-29-2017, 04:54 PM
Farewell New Girl

It was, and it was so disappointing!!
Old 07-31-2017, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

It's sad when the writers prove themselves not able to write their own show and its characters properly anymore
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 08-01-2017, 09:09 AM
Farewell New Girl

It is very sad!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top