Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

More nice to her? How much nicer could he have been? Katherine again lied and manipulated him and after all he did for her in the last few eps. It was sad, yes, but if anyone was going to kill her, I am glad it was Stefan.. Katherine deep down knew that it would be Stefan to end up doing it.

I am sad because the writers threw away so much potential with them, but I think the ending for them was well done.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
More nice to her? How much nicer could he have been? Katherine again lied and manipulated him and after all he did for her in the last few eps. It was sad, yes, but if anyone was going to kill her, I am glad it was Stefan.. Katherine deep down knew that it would be Stefan to end up doing it.

I am sad because the writers threw away so much potential with them, but I think the ending for them was well done.
I just expected another reaction and behave from him, considering his own character Not that he had not to be angry with her or spare her life, I just imagined another approch Guess I prefer how they acted in 5x11, that would have been a better end for them

I think it's symbolic he was the one ending her life, that way, but I would have preferred someone else to do it

Re-watching their scenes, in this season especially, makes me sad because they really had potential that has been wasted in part and I don't get why I would have preferred Kat ending her life knowing someone other than Nadia at least cared for her in her last hours, I don't get why it has always to end in angst and hatred

I think it's just a pity, especially after their beautiful scenes in this season
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 03-09-2014, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
I just expected another reaction and behave from him, considering his own character Not that he had not to be angry with her or spare her life, I just imagined another approch Guess I prefer how they acted in 5x11, that would have been a better end for them

I think it's symbolic he was the one ending her life, that way, but I would have preferred someone else to do it
5x11 was great.. it showed how compassionate Stefan truly is.. but Katherine immediately followed that heartfelt moment by betraying him again, and trying to get rid of Elena for good. There is only so many times someone can be lied to and manipulated by, before they understand that maybe this person won't ever change and will put people that they love in danger and that's what happened here. Stefan chose to forgive Katherine a lifetime of sins, only to have that thrown back in his face again. Katherine stole Elena's life.. it was going to be either Katherine or Elena that dies, and since Elena wasn't the one stealing a life for herself.. there was really only one way it could go.

And I am glad it was Stefan that ended her life.. I would have been fuming had it of been someone else. Stefan deserved to have that closure with Katherine, and I think Katherine appreciated that it was Stefan who did it, because Stefan didn't kill her with malice.. it was quiet and really kind of heartbreaking.. Stefan's face says it all in that moment he daggers her.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
5x11 was great.. it showed how compassionate Stefan truly is.. but Katherine immediately followed that heartfelt moment by betraying him again, and trying to get rid of Elena for good. There is only so many times someone can be lied to and manipulated by, before they understand that maybe this person won't ever change and will put people that they love in danger and that's what happened here. Stefan chose to forgive Katherine a lifetime of sins, only to have that thrown back in his face again. Katherine stole Elena's life.. it was going to be either Katherine or Elena that dies, and since Elena wasn't the one stealing a life for herself.. there was really only one way it could go.

And I am glad it was Stefan that ended her life.. I would have been fuming had it of been someone else. Stefan deserved to have that closure with Katherine, and I think Katherine appreciated that it was Stefan who did it, because Stefan didn't kill her with malice.. it was quiet and really kind of heartbreaking.. Stefan's face says it all in that moment he daggers her.
Perfect post. I agree the look on Stefan's face said it all. He was disappointed in her and it wasn't easy for him. Katherine may have loved Stefan but at the end of the day she loved herself more which we saw with her infecting Elena with the virus. One of the first things that Stefan said about Katherine when he was describing her in season 1 was that she was selfish and manipulative and she stayed true to that to the very end. I enjoyed their storyline for the most part because I wanted a dark love storyline on this show. I could have done without Katherine acting dumb and thinking her body hijacking could have worked. 5x13 and 5x14 were terrible for Katherine and she came off as pathetic so I'm glad she got her fierceness back in this week's episode and she went out as the character I fell in love with in season 2.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

No, but I agree with you
My "criticism", so to speak, is more about the pointless necessity of the writers to draw Kat's SL this way for 4 more episodes and to give Steferine a 2nd clousure that was not necessary to me Kat didn't act well with Stefan in the last episodes, so he has all the right to stab her I guess I just preferred the 5x11 clousure because it was very Stefan's style, it was more indicative of his character and something his and his only... not sure if this makes any sense, for once I would have left the revenge thing out of this and that of course would have meant no body-switch and all, it's not just about 5x15 but all the last episodes

I guess it's just a matter of taste in the end, I preferred 5x11, it was enough to me
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 03-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

5x11 was the 'happy ending' and 5x15 was the tragic ending. I'm not disappointed with how it ended since I never thought they could do happily ever after anyway.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
I guess it's just a matter of taste in the end, I preferred 5x11, it was enough to me
Don't be embarrassed I think I understand what you are saying.. but in the end I think Katherine's demise was perfect for who she was. And I think it was a pretty indicative ending for what the SK relationship was and always has been. I loved the 5x11 ending aswell.... but this ending seemed much more Katherine's style, it embodied just exactly who she was, whereas the 5x11 ending was more to show how Stefan would have wanted them to end
Old 03-10-2014, 02:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Don't be embarrassed I think I understand what you are saying.. but in the end I think Katherine's demise was perfect for who she was. And I think it was a pretty indicative ending for what the SK relationship was and always has been. I loved the 5x11 ending aswell.... but this ending seemed much more Katherine's style, it embodied just exactly who she was, whereas the 5x11 ending was more to show how Stefan would have wanted them to end
I see your point and partially agree with you

Found this video
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 05-26-2014, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the videos.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

x
Old 06-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

Pretty
Old 06-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

I just re-watched yesterday their scenes in season5... it's a pity how it ended between them, I wished more for them I came to terms about the fact they had to end, but I would have preferred something more
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 06-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

They had so much chemistry, but I knew they'd be doomed from the start.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Elite Fan

I knew that too, but I wished they had handled it better anyway, their scenes until 5x12 were very good in this season, they had a connection again, it's a pity they ruined it in the end, for nothing
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 06-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Total Fan

I never shipped Steferine, but I loved their interactions up until season 5 with the exception of the 100th episode. Stefan was such a sweetheart to her.