Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

SYL Claire

Anna, I don't disagree with you, I just don't think it could be called cheating, since her boyfriend is 'dead'
But yes, on this show with the writers knowing he would be back it shouldn't happen. I was just talking about this specific term that wouldn't be accurate IMO
Old 07-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslave (View Post)
How DE reunite depends on how long it takes him to come back, how he comes back, what happened inbetween ect ect
And if the MF gang will suffer supernatural consequences with bringing him back. You know, like disturbing the balance of magic blabla.

I know how you feel Anna. Feel the same.

Watching Nina's new interview right now. She's so cute.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Bye Claire

Quote:
Anna, I don't disagree with you, I just don't think it could be called cheating, since her boyfriend is 'dead'
But yes, on this show with the writers knowing he would be back it shouldn't happen. I was just talking about this specific term that wouldn't be accurate IMO
Oh yeah, of course, in that sense of course I guess I have to differentiate what's my POV from Elena's, she doesn't know what I know In that case it wouldn't be cheating and yeah, it'd be awkward when they meet again; after 5x22 I can't see the writers going there though, it was too powerful... them talking about future, her devastation, his words... it's all too involved to make her "cheating-not-cheating"

I think at the maximum we'll see Elena "moving on", in the sense she'll try to keep the pieces of her life together and not mourn all day/all days... she'll try to be Damon's warrior princess and fight, even in the sense of accepting he's gone until she'll know better
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 07-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
Bye Claire

Oh yeah, of course, in that sense of course I guess I have to differentiate what's my POV from Elena's, she doesn't know what I know In that case it wouldn't be cheating and yeah, it'd be awkward when they meet again; after 5x22 I can't see the writers going there though, it was too powerful... them talking about future, her devastation, his words... it's all too involved to make her "cheating-not-cheating"

I think at the maximum we'll see Elena "moving on", in the sense she'll try to keep the pieces of her life together and not mourn all day/all days... she'll try to be Damon's warrior princess and fight, even in the sense of accepting he's gone until she'll know better
Bold: This is a problem with a lot of Elena-haters IMO. I know you're not one of them () but this is how it starts and evelops. The viewer judges about what they know. Not what Elena knows or sees.
In this case: We know that Damon will be back. So Elena shouldn't go 'there'. She doesn't know though. I guess I just already start the fight against the hate Elena will get no matter what, even though I know not from you, since you love her It would be an awful thing to do by the writers, but you know she'd be called 'cheating whore' or similar things.
I don't think they go there either, just to be clear. I just already see all the signs of how she'll be judged no matter how she acts, and calling her 'moving on' cheating is the beginning of it IMO.

Agreed. I think she'll try to be strong and maybe mourn in private. And worst case scenario DE seeing each other again would be awkward because Elena is too overwhhelmed and doesn't know how to react, kinda frozen in place or something. You know these writers, they have to leave everything like that
Old 07-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

I'll be there, ready to put in place whoever calls her with names!! She'll get hate anyway

Quote:
Agreed. I think she'll try to be strong and maybe mourn in private. And worst case scenario DE seeing each other again would be awkward because Elena is too overwhhelmed and doesn't know how to react, kinda frozen in place or something. You know these writers, they have to leave everything like that
Well, that wouldn't be so bad I mean, I'd be shocked to if my boyfriend would come back from the dead even when he's not supernaturally supposed to it'd be risky anyway and with 50/50 chances, so them actually make him come back would be a victory after the oginal shock

EDIT: I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing Elena, sorry
I am the storm"

Anna

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 07-04-2014 at 02:26 PM
Old 07-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

I know she will no matter what. That's why I'm already very sensitive about it

Yeah, but you know TVD. They'd leave her reaction suspicous so entire fandom can have wars about it. Is she relieved? Is she shocked? Is she disturbed?

EDIT: Oh no Wifey, I know you'd never bash her. It's just the term cheating that leads to hate, even though I know it was not your intention. Elena gets called out on cheating on Stefan until this very day, although she never did (unless you count 2x22). Let's not imagine what happens if she even looks at another guys next season.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

I don't know if Enzo talking about Elena "getting a new boyfriend" was some sort of foreshadowing.

Don't know if the writers will really go there, but Elena gets hate for the most invalid arguments, so nothing will change.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahe64 (View Post)
I don't know if Enzo talking about Elena "getting a new boyfriend" was some sort of foreshadowing.

Don't know if the writers will really go there, but Elena gets hate for the most invalid arguments, so nothing will change.
What episode was that?

I don't think they'll go there. But as you said she gets hate for everything, and I feel especially we should not overdramatazise things, only because we don't like them.
We won't like if Elena has someone else, but it wouldn't be cheating. That's my point in this
Old 07-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When did he say that? I dont' remember...

Quote:
I know she will no matter what. That's why I'm already very sensitive about it
And you're right, we have to be ready

Quote:
Yeah, but you know TVD. They'd leave her reaction suspicous so entire fandom can have wars about it. Is she relieved? Is she shocked? Is she disturbed?
Oh this show

Quote:
EDIT: Oh no Wifey, I know you'd never bash her. It's just the term cheating that leads to hate, even though I know it was not your intention. Elena gets called out on cheating on Stefan until this very day, although she never did (unless you count 2x22). Let's not imagine what happens if she even looks at another guys next season.
Thanks bb Considering how she considered that kiss, I think she never thought of it as "cheating", it was just a "goodbye kiss"... Oh Elena, you were such a silly baby girl

Not to mention that after have been with Damon Salvatore, that's a very difficult task!
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 07-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
When did he say that? I dont' remember...
In 5x18, during the pool table scene.

But it's hard to say. Alot of hints come true, but some hints that I considered to be "foreshadowing" never happened.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks bb Considering how she considered that kiss, I think she never thought of it as "cheating", it was just a "goodbye kiss"... Oh Elena, you were such a silly baby girl

Not to mention that after have been with Damon Salvatore, that's a very difficult task!
Truth to be told to me as a viewer back then it wasn't anything romantic either, which is why I don't consider it cheating It was a very touching kiss, full of forgiving and friendship, but IMO not of romantic feelings. And now you all can stake me.
She had affections towards him but IMO the deeper feelings got developed during s3

EDIT: Caroline, yeah the 'hints'... happens to all of us
Old 07-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Caroline, yeah the 'hints'... happens to all of us

BTW: don't forget to vote for DE. We are losing and JP is keeping an eye on the poll.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Truth to be told to me as a viewer back then it wasn't anything romantic either, which is why I don't consider it cheating It was a very touching kiss, full of forgiving and friendship, but IMO not of romantic feelings. And now you all can stake me.
She had affections towards him but IMO the deeper feelings got developed during s3
Dianne, we'll never stake you for having opinions I think her feelings were still very quite in her, not already developed like Damon's one, so yeah, in some way it was a kiss about affections At the same time I think there was already a part of romanticism in there, very hidden, but there was... mostly because I think she could have shown affection in other ways too, even with a kiss, but not a lips kiss Not that there was passion in that one, but still, I think there was alredy a seed of romanticism that was later developed in season3 For Elena it was a "goodbye kiss", but mostly because she couldn't name that kind of romance and deep affection she had for Damon already yet

Thanks for that, Caroline, I completely forgot it Could be a hint like it couldn't be, I wouldn't take Enzo's words as a big deal anyway
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 07-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Dianne, we'll never stake you for having opinions I think her feelings were still very quite in her, not already developed like Damon's one, so yeah, in some way it was a kiss about affections At the same time I think there was already a part of romanticism in there, very hidden, but there was... mostly because I think she could have shown affection in other ways too, even with a kiss, but not a lips kiss Not that there was passion in that one, but still, I think there was alredy a seed of romanticism that was later developed in season3 For Elena it was a "goodbye kiss", but mostly because she couldn't name that kind of romance and deep affection she had for Damon already yet

Thanks for that, Caroline, I completely forgot it Could be a hint like it couldn't be, I wouldn't take Enzo's words as a big deal anyway
Tyler was already suspicious about Elena's "it was just a goodbye kiss".

Yeah, it's always hard to tell which hints are foreshadowing and which not.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Tyler was already suspicious about Elena's "it was just a goodbye kiss".
Good, clever boy
I am the storm"

Anna