Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslave (View Post)
I'm not even celebrating Thanksgiving. Can't they just stream it for the other countries?

Ok, I write and the letters don't appear on screen. I have to wait and the written letters appear in slow motion. I really have to restart it. I actually have to redo it completely, but I don't have a backup cd. You know anything about computers? Because there's no backup cd with windows 7
'I'll be back in a few.
I celebrate it but I'll gladly trade for TVD and celebrate Damon instead

Is it a desktop??

K ttys

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 11-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

It's a simple computer. Back when I got it someone told me I don't need a backup disc because it's a file. Now this person says he was wrong, I should have made one in the very beginning
At this point I have to restart my computer every 3-6 hours because it becomes painfully slow. Don't know what to do about it

Uuuuh celebrating Damon is always good
Old 11-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's a simple computer. Back when I got it someone told me I don't need a backup disc because it's a file. Now this person says he was wrong, I should have made one in the very beginning
At this point I have to restart my computer every 3-6 hours because it becomes painfully slow. Don't know what to do about it

Uuuuh celebrating Damon is always good
Ode to the Damon

But I mean is it a desktop or laptop?? I'm pretty good with laptops but desktops are bitches

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 11-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

'Desktop' means a computer-version? In my country that word is used for the main screen you see, like where some of your files are and a wallpaper pic
No it's a simple computer, these huge things that stand on the buttom of the floor and you have a screen on your desk Not a laptop

EDIT: Now that I think about it, 'desktop' makes sense if I divide it with 'Desk - top'
Old 11-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
'Desktop' means a computer-version? In my country that word is used for the main screen you see, like where some of your files are and a wallpaper pic
No it's a simple computer, these huge things that stand on the buttom of the floor and you have a screen on your desk Not a laptop

EDIT: Now that I think about it, 'desktop' makes sense if I divide it with 'Desk - top'
Ahh yeah that's a desktop..I have one of those in my office but I never use it cuz she's a bitch When I moved in here and unpacked it, I had to completely open it up and dust all the parts because the lil biznatch wouldn't even turn on

Eta: yeah one goes on your desk, one on your lap

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 11-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I never thought about the word itself because we here just use it for the main screen, but now it makes sense if I think about it
Oh yeah, I had to open it up a few weeks ago because it was so dusty. Unfortunately it only gets worse and worse If I'd had one of those back up cd's I could redo it, but I don't since windows doesn't deliver them anymore and I don't know how to do it without it

Oh well, back to topic. Still excited about the Augustine storyline?
Old 11-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah I never thought about the word itself because we here just use it for the main screen, but now it makes sense if I think about it
Oh yeah, I had to open it up a few weeks ago because it was so dusty. Unfortunately it only gets worse and worse If I'd had one of those back up cd's I could redo it, but I don't since windows doesn't deliver them anymore and I don't know how to do it without it

Oh well, back to topic. Still excited about the Augustine storyline?
Yeah, not sure.

Omg still SO excited about the story, I read that
Spoiler:

And to that I say that's right, recognize Stefan recognize!!

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 11-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Aaaah so many possbile things about this storyline. What I write now is not based on spoilers but about what we already know on this show. I still put it in tags though because... whatever, I'm careful
Spoiler:
Old 11-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Aaaah so many possbile things about this storyline. What I write now is not based on spoilers but about what we already know on this show. I still put it in tags though because... whatever, I'm careful
Spoiler:
Yeah that theory does make total sense and given what we already know, I highly doubt Stefan has any idea of the torment his brother went through prior to their latest MF reunion and
Spoiler:
but I'm really hoping this SL will be a turning point in not just Stefan but everyone seeing that the so called monster they insist Damon is, actually has good reason for being the way that he is, definitely more reason then any of them ever had

I can't wait to see Damon go through all that he will and come out stronger for it.. the way he always does

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 11-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

Stefan doesn't know, I agree. I just can't really place him in all of it yet though because we know he was there
And he always thinks the worst of Damon and Damon would never defend himself. If Stefan says "You're evil. You just killed Joseph because you could" Damon would just shrug and hide his actual pain
It makes so much sense if you think about it. Why Damon came back to Mystic Falls the way he did. The only thing that still doesn't make sense is this "eternity of misery" promise, but I'm sure the writers will come back to that too.
I haven't had trust in the writers for a looooong time to remember everything we know. But going back to 1953 now makes me believe they actually do know what they are doing
And I want Elena to be there for him. I don't have much faith that we will get everything we crave for. But an optimistic part of me believes they are holding back our couple scenes because of this.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Stefan doesn't know, I agree. I just can't really place him in all of it yet though because we know he was there
And he always thinks the worst of Damon and Damon would never defend himself. If Stefan says "You're evil. You just killed Joseph because you could" Damon would just shrug and hide his actual pain
It makes so much sense if you think about it. Why Damon came back to Mystic Falls the way he did. The only thing that still doesn't make sense is this "eternity of misery" promise, but I'm sure the writers will come back to that too.
I haven't had trust in the writers for a looooong time to remember everything we know. But going back to 1953 now makes me believe they actually do know what they are doing
And I want Elena to be there for him. I don't have much faith that we will get everything we crave for. But an optimistic part of me believes they are holding back our couple scenes because of this.
Damon's the classic underdog. He's not gonna stand there and beg you to have faith in him because from where he's standing, he shouldn't have to convince you he's not a monster, you should just know and he'd be right. It's the classic "if you don't know me by now" schtick..The sad thing is, Damon shouldn't have to prove himself to his own brother but that's what I love about DE's relationship. Damon doesn't have to ask Elena to believe in him, she just does unequivocally..It's as natural as breathing to her because she loves Damon and when you truly love someone you have complete faith in them. It's like an unspoken trust, you don't have to say the words to know that it's there.

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 11-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

I agree. It's so painfully beautiful. From the very beginning, no matter what Damon did, no matter how hurt Elena was, she always saw what Damon really is inside even when he didn't want to see it himself. And he still doesn't want to IMO. Elena does it for him. She can be harsh on him like in 3x04 (was it that episode when he snapped Ric's neck and said he's a monster?) but only because she knows how he truly is inside
Old 11-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree. It's so painfully beautiful. From the very beginning, no matter what Damon did, no matter how hurt Elena was, she always saw what Damon really is inside even when he didn't want to see it himself. And he still doesn't want to IMO. Elena does it for him. She can be harsh on him like in 3x04 (was it that episode when he snapped Ric's neck and said he's a monster?) but only because she knows how he truly is inside
Aww yeah, I actually really loved that scene. The fact that Elena could see Damon like that and still know that there's good in him shows just how well she knows him. Damon tends to use being a vampire as a defense mechanism to keep people from getting too close and Elena being harsh on him in that episode was like her way of letting him know that he doesn't have to do that with her because what they have is real and he can BE real with her and not be what everyone else sees, what he only lets them see.

Damon puts on the villain because he's afraid to show who he really is but Elena sees right through him, he doesn't have to pretend with her and she won't let him even if he wanted to

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 11-24-2013, 12:13 AM
Master Fan

Yes, yes AND A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!! I have actually seen 1 or 2 people jumping DE ship because of this scene, and from all the scenes we got I don't understand why. It was soooo powerful.
It was Elena saying "A vampire is WHAT you are, but it is not WHO you are, no matter how much you try to make us believe that"
Fast forward to 3x19 with Elena asking him why he doesn't want people to see the good in him. It goes back to exactly that! And Elena knows it! There's a difference in 'What' and 'who' you are. Damon uses the 'what' as a defence mechanism, because he doesn't want anyone close to him, because that can hurt him.
Given the now known history it even makes more sense how alone he was in all of this, while Stefan at least had the hope of loving ones. Damon didn't have that.
Elena knows it's a defense mechanism in Damon, even though she doesn't know his whole story. It's so huge and rich I wanna cry. My bbs are so perfect
Old 11-24-2013, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

Really?? I would never EVER jump ship but if I was going to, that certainly wouldn't be the scene to push me over the edge. I actually consider that to be one of DE's most powerful scenes ever but I love the complexity of DE, the black and white contrast and the fact that things aren't always sunshine and roses and unicorns the way it was with SE so I actually love the ugly/dark scenes just as much as I love the light/lovey ones. It's that contrast that defines DE and the 3x04 scene was one of their most defining moments..Damon finally losing it and Elena finally admitting out loud that she felt something for Damon via the Caroline scene at the end.

But if you look back even in early S1, Elena recognized that it was a defense mechanism and there was more to Damon. Like when Stefan had let Elena to believe that he was some sort of victim and then Damon told her there was more to the story and ran off and she chased after him and said "tell me" because she wanted to know what happened..She wanted to know Damon

my tumblr|| Jess