Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

Bye Rox
Old 12-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Roxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslave (View Post)
Australian promo spoiled the shirt ripping, so we knew it was going to happen. Everyone went crazy. Anna avoided spoilers and tumblr but because of our excitedment and behaviour it was obvious even to her what that night meant I think :
Sounds like fun. I had such moments with the Borgias, when C&L were finally doing it. Everyone was wondering if it was really them, but when a promo confirmed it everyone was CRAZY!!!!!

Quote:
THIS They show us the reality and perfection of this couple with both actions and words and we don't need people keep telling why they should be together or things like this: the more the world is against Delena, the more they fight for each other and overcome things

Agree Damon is older an dmore mature than her in many ways, Elena is still young and can be naive some times, like her thinking their summer was happy enough for him not to act like this anymore Not that I blame her for that, she didn't do it because she's selfish, she just was too much into the "honey moon moment", now reality hit her and she has to deal with it, she has to learn more about Damon, Damon has to tell her!!, so she can accept him better
And don't forget that DE are shipped by TVD characters with experience. Rose has lived long enough to know about true love. And Alaric was Elena's father figure, so he practically gave Damon (his buddy/son-in-law) his blessing. SE are shipped by characters that are not really experienced in true love. Caroline is young and Klaus is a complicated character.

Haha I know this comparison sounds really funny, but DE kinda remind me of Shrek & Fiona sometimes. Fiona wanting to tame the oger, and Shrek wondering if he can change for her or not (he loves being the nasty oger because it's easy & fun). Fiona learns to accept Shrek with flaws and all, and Shrek realizes that Fiona is the best thing that ever happened to him.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
TFTNT Roxy No, the title is perfect

Have to go now girls, SYL!

THIS They show us the reality and perfection of this couple with both actions and words and we don't need people keep telling why they should be together or things like this: the more the world is against Delena, the more they fight for each other and overcome things
Exactly, that's why it was so obvious she'd pick him in season 4. I was so annoyed with the Silas/Amara curse, but then I realized it was the best thing for DE because it showed that her love for Damon was so strong that it was able to shatter her relationship with someone that the UNIVERSE had paired her with. That says so much about how much they love each other. Not to mention, Elena loves her free will and Damon fought so hard to make sure she had it (by doing everything to break the sire bond) that it makes sense she would CHOOSE Damon after being told she had no choice in the matter and that she'd end up with Stefan.

Quote:
Agree Damon is older an dmore mature than her in many ways, Elena is still young and can be naive some times, like her thinking their summer was happy enough for him not to act like this anymore Not that I blame her for that, she didn't do it because she's selfish, she just was too much into the "honey moon moment", now reality hit her and she has to deal with it, she has to learn more about Damon, Damon has to tell her!!, so she can accept him better
I think she will understand more once she gets tortured too. I just hope she keeps in mind that whatever she goes through, she needs to multiply by 5 years in order to begin to understand what he went through. Not to mention, he had no one searching for him, whereas she knows he will do anything to free her.

I have faith that she will be able to understand and accept all of his layers based on the fact that she herself is more complex than people give her credit for.

Quote:
Yeah, that was strange, and the timing too for me It's not the murder itself, I can see Damon doing it, it's him hiding that from Elena that bothers me a lot, that why I get why she's mad at him too I think that Damon did it even if he knew he could risk the relationship with Elena a bit... not that she'll break-up with him for me, but the angst will come for sure, I guess he's hurt enough and resented enough with Augustine that he didn't care or think straigh enough

Yeah, me too

Exactly, every couple argues sooner or later, and they always learn something from that
I can see him killing someone whose family has so viciously wronged him, but I can never ever see him trying to hide the fact that he's killed someone. Whether it's with Stefan, Liz, or even Elena - Damon always takes ownership for his actions. I'm nervous for how this is all addressed in the next episode, but either way, I think it'll bring some good angst for their relationship. Not to mention, it will be even sweeter when they make up.

Anyway, since you're leaving...
Old 12-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Caroline, did you see that people don't understand why Alaric was on DE's side at the end of s4? Because he was soooo against them in s3. I don't understand where that's coming from. He was against them in 3x04, yes (and it felt so forced, because Damon didn't hit on her or anything), but in the beginning of 3x19 he was just like "Whatever... what do YOU want, Elena? before she went to Denver. So blah

I just wrote a post somewhere else about this Sarah issue. I put it in tags because it's kinda rant, but whoever wants to read it...
Spoiler:
Old 12-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahe64 (View Post)
Roxy.

And don't forget that DE are shipped by TVD characters with experience. Rose has lived long enough to know about true love. And Alaric was Elena's father figure, so he practically gave Damon (his buddy/son-in-law) his blessing. SE are shipped by characters that are not really experienced in true love. Caroline is young and Klaus is a complicated character.

Haha, yes, that is so insightful! The only "adult" that liked Stefan for Elena was Aunt Jenna and that's only because she wasn't aware of his entire personality (no one introduced her to the ripper).

Also, there is something so endearing about the Jeremy/Damon friendship for Elena to see. Like Damon's friendship with Alaric, it has been slowly growing and it looks natural. Stefan never had that with Jeremy and it would look too forced at this point. So in terms of DE, what Damon built with her family was real and, most importantly, it was earned (Jeremy, Alaric). Stefan never did any of that, all he did was suck up to Aunt Jenna.

As for Klaus, I think he was just trying to get in between the Salvatores and cause drama. Elena was just a bloodbag to him and Stefan is just "the rippah".
Old 12-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmeli (View Post)
Haha, yes, that is so insightful! The only "adult" that liked Stefan for Elena was Aunt Jenna and that's only because she wasn't aware of his entire personality (no one introduced her to the ripper).

Also, there is something so endearing about the Jeremy/Damon friendship for Elena to see. Like Damon's friendship with Alaric, it has been slowly growing and it looks natural. Stefan never had that with Jeremy and it would look too forced at this point. So in terms of DE, what Damon built with her family was real and, most importantly, it was earned (Jeremy, Alaric). Stefan never did any of that, all he did was suck up to Aunt Jenna.

As for Klaus, I think he was just trying to get in between the Salvatores and cause drama. Elena was just a bloodbag to him and Stefan is just "the rippah".
Uhm, Damon even connected with Jenna She loved him. Damon cooked for them. Damon actually connected with her family, when Stefan was only about Elena. The moment Jenna became 'against' Damon was when she saw him making out with Elena (really Katherine) and that was natural, since Elena was with Stefan and she had right to judge them.
Before that she loved Damon

Jenna even told SE to keep the door open. So she accepted him, but didn't trust him
Old 12-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Uhm, Damon even connected with Jenna She loved him. Damon cooked for them. Damon actually connected with her family, when Stefan was only about Elena. The moment Jenna became 'against' Damon was when she saw him making out with Elena (really Katherine) and that was natural, since Elena was with Stefan and she had right to judge them.
Before that she loved Damon

Jenna even told SE to keep the door open. So she accepted him, but didn't trust him
Haha, yeah, I remember that. That was adorable. I don't think she would immediately like Damon if she knew the real him, but then I think she would love him after a while (same with Jeremy, Alaric, etc). With Stefan, it's the opposite, everyone likes him at first and then they realize he's just a liar and a hypocrite.

Not to mention, Alaric was Damon's best friend, so I'm sure Jenna (if she were still alive) would see that and realize that Damon does have a million redeeming qualities after all.

And yes, I agree about that kiss. If I were Jenna, I would have been disappointed in Elena too (obviously we all know it was Kat and not Elena)
Old 12-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Yes Jenna was very fond of Damon. She found him hot and had a few cosy conversations with him. Until that 1x22 incident haha. Yes Damon always had a good bond with Elena's family. Deremy is so adorable!!! I never thought so much about it until 5x01.

Yeah Alaric also had to learn and know Damon better.

I personally think that we still need explanation with the Sarah-issue, without a gun being pointed at them. Haha I have red the "ranting" part and I'm not blaming you. It was done in such a weird way, I totally agree. It came sooo "out of nowhere". The writers gave us the illusion that DE had a perfect summer and we heard Damon saying "you ARE my life" to Elena. We would never have guessed that he did this behind her back. We saw Damon keeping things from her in 5x01 (with good intensions though), but he learned from that mistake and was honest with her from now on. But 5x09 showed the sudden opposite. It's kinda like a betrayal from the writers. We know that Damon still has issues, and I knew that his past would return (sypnopsis) but the Sarah-issue left me confused.

We must wait and see....5x09 aroused alot of questions.

Last edited by cahe64; 12-10-2013 at 01:41 PM
Old 12-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Back I'm going to read everything you wrote

Quote:
Australian promo spoiled the shirt ripping, so we knew it was going to happen. Everyone went crazy. Anna avoided spoilers and tumblr but because of our excitedment and behaviour it was obvious even to her what that night meant I think
Don't remind me, I was so desperately to saty spoiler free, but it was too obvious
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Hey!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Haha, yeah, I remember that. That was adorable. I don't think she would immediately like Damon if she knew the real him, but then I think she would love him after a while (same with Jeremy, Alaric, etc). With Stefan, it's the opposite, everyone likes him at first and then they realize he's just a liar and a hypocrite.

Not to mention, Alaric was Damon's best friend, so I'm sure Jenna (if she were still alive) would see that and realize that Damon does have a million redeeming qualities after all.

And yes, I agree about that kiss. If I were Jenna, I would have been disappointed in Elena too (obviously we all know it was Kat and not Elena)
Oh but you think she would have liked ripper Stefan? Seriously, Jenna was completely smitten by Damon. Stefan was Elena's boyfriend. Jenna was not 'into' Stefan, she just accepted him. Damon is the one who made connection with Elena's family.

EDIT: WB wifey Sorry if we ruined 4x07 beforehand for you
Old 12-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Caroline, Dianne

Quote:
EDIT: WB wifey Sorry if we ruined 4x07 beforehand for you
It's not your fault, bb, it was the australian's, bad of them!!
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I personally think that we still need explanation with the Sarah-issue, without a gun being pointed at them. Haha I have red the "ranting" part and I'm not blaming you. It was done in such a weird way, I totally agree. It came sooo "out of nowhere". The writers gave us the illusion that DE had a perfect summer and we heard Damon saying "you ARE my life" to Elena. We would never have guessed that he did this behind her back. We saw Damon keeping things from her in 5x01 (with good intensions though), but he learned from that mistake and was honest with her from now on. But 5x09 showed the sudden opposite. It's kinda like a betrayal from the writers. We know that Damon still has issues, and I knew that his past would return (sypnopsis) but the Sarah-issue left me confused.

We must wait and see....5x09 aroused alot of questions.
I guess my main issue with this is not that it happened, as I wrote, but how it happened. Being a writer myself if Damon told the truth they just did it wrong, and on so many levels. Period.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Exactly, that's why it was so obvious she'd pick him in season 4. I was so annoyed with the Silas/Amara curse, but then I realized it was the best thing for DE because it showed that her love for Damon was so strong that it was able to shatter her relationship with someone that the UNIVERSE had paired her with. That says so much about how much they love each other. Not to mention, Elena loves her free will and Damon fought so hard to make sure she had it (by doing everything to break the sire bond) that it makes sense she would CHOOSE Damon after being told she had no choice in the matter and that she'd end up with Stefan.
The doppelganger's curse is a pure joke Can't believe they really did that, it's embarassing, so glad DE isn't involve directly with it If this thing will bring on again, it'd prove just DE are the true love who overcomes everuthing, even Universe for real

Quote:
I think she will understand more once she gets tortured too. I just hope she keeps in mind that whatever she goes through, she needs to multiply by 5 years in order to begin to understand what he went through. Not to mention, he had no one searching for him, whereas she knows he will do anything to free her.
I think too the torture will be important for her to understand what Damon got trough... even if it's still going to hurt like a bitch to se her tortured And Damon hurt by her suffer too

Quote:
I have faith that she will be able to understand and accept all of his layers based on the fact that she herself is more complex than people give her credit for.
Agree She has so many issues to solve, even now with her daddy's story Frankly I don't think (or at least hope) she'll judge him, no matter how mad she's with him I think she'll just want to understand

Quote:
I can see him killing someone whose family has so viciously wronged him, but I can never ever see him trying to hide the fact that he's killed someone. Whether it's with Stefan, Liz, or even Elena - Damon always takes ownership for his actions. I'm nervous for how this is all addressed in the next episode, but either way, I think it'll bring some good angst for their relationship. Not to mention, it will be even sweeter when they make up.
That for sure I'm intereed too to see how they'll deal with all of this, let's hope they won't screw it up

Quote:
That too I'm so glad we got someone as Rose on our side, someone who made such a tuoching and realistic and beautiful speech about our babies, instead of Caroline whose idol is "The bachelor" and her best line is "Stefan is your soulmates"

Quote:
Haha I know this comparison sounds really funny, but DE kinda remind me of Shrek & Fiona sometimes. Fiona wanting to tame the oger, and Shrek wondering if he can change for her or not (he loves being the nasty oger because it's easy & fun). Fiona learns to accept Shrek with flaws and all, and Shrek realizes that Fiona is the best thing that ever happened to him.
Ahahahaha, that's so funny! But true, never thought about that
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 12-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
I think too the torture will be important for her to understand what Damon got trough... even if it's still going to hurt like a bitch to se her tortured And Damon hurt by her suffer too

Agree She has so many issues to solve, even now with her daddy's story Frankly I don't think (or at least hope) she'll judge him, no matter how mad she's with him I think she'll just want to understand

That for sure I'm intereed too to see how they'll deal with all of this, let's hope they won't screw it up

That too I'm so glad we got someone as Rose on our side, someone who made such a tuoching and realistic and beautiful speech about our babies, instead of Caroline whose idol is "The bachelor" and her best line is "Stefan is your soulmates"

Ahahahaha, that's so funny! But true, never thought about that
I know that it sounds twisted, but I'm very curious what Wes is planning to do with Elena. She is also a number now.

Yeah I also hope that Elena just wants to understand him better.

True, Rose knows alot more about the world than Caroline. She was very realistic. If someone like her ships DE, you know that they can make it.

Haha maybe someone could make a funny DE/Shrek parrellel video in the future.

And about the Sarah issue: I can only let go of it when we hear more about it.