Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
It would be nice for Jeremy to be insecure, but wasn't he threatened by Luka?
Well, it wouldn't be nice lol, but I'd prefer it over Bonnie feeling insecure. I didn't consider Luka a serious threat because unlike Anna, he wasn't the reason why Beremy weren't a couple.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl (View Post)
Bonnie I 100% agree. Jeremy wouldn't be any better off if things do come to an end. The last time he really had a story was season 1. Even his season 3 ghost whisperer story was stalled when he was shipped off half way through the season. Tbh, both Bonnie and Jeremy haven't had stand alone stories since season 1.
This is one of the reasons I slowly stopped watching. They kept giving attention to cast members less and less and more to characters that didn't really matter or they were overstaying their welcome. I know people love the Originals by and large,but if they had done the spin-off in S3,TVD would have been better off.

Tyler's character has been ruined in my eyes, Bonnie and Jeremy don't get as much screen time as they should and I miss the moments when they were friends to each other, as opposed to non-stop love triangles. The only ones who have always maintained a really consistent bond are Stefan and Caroline and Damon and Alaric.

Jeremy and Tyler got cut out, Bonnie never really had enough scenes with Stefan to show them being friendly past a point and the girls having friendly moments outside of their love lives reduced drastically. Damon is a bit lucky since he, Liz and Carol got along,but again, things have changed too much.

Aaron could have been a friend in general,but he's dead now. April was boring,but she got along with everyone until she found out that she was lied to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
Well, it wouldn't be nice lol, but I'd prefer it over Bonnie feeling insecure. I didn't consider Luka a serious threat because unlike Anna, he wasn't the reason why Beremy weren't a couple.
Sorry, that was a typo.

I felt bad for him, because Bonnie didn't want to acknowledge what was happening between them and Luka had a special connection with her.

Anna...just sucked. I liked her in season one,but she was a selfish cow in S3. I overlooked that she stalked him in S1,but she had no right to keep being weird about Bonnie. He already complained that she can't always be around and when she came to life, she should have backed off. Instead of coming onto Jeremy, she should have gone looking for her mother.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Bonnie I 100% agree. Jeremy wouldn't be any better off if things do come to an end. The last time he really had a story was season 1. Even his season 3 ghost whisperer story was stalled when he was shipped off half way through the season. Tbh, both Bonnie and Jeremy haven't had stand alone stories since season 1.

That was true in the past, but I think the show abandoned that idea a long time ago. Jeremy and Elena barely share any scenes, he wasn't even involved in the whole vampire experiment story with her. I'm not even sure if he ever found out what Elena knows about their father.
yep... was thinking the same thing. every thing is dropped.

This year

Bonnie's the anchor - thus far, nothing mentioned again
Jeremy - ? I mean, seriously. He got into the fight I guess at school and then ........ ? He helped save Katherine from Silas in an episode? I dont know.

Season 4:

Bonnie - Expression. Then later dies and turns out Shane is using her
Jeremy- Hunter. Then later is killed by Katherine / Silas after S/L is hijacked.

Season 3:

Jeremy: Sees dead people, then S/L is dropped to send him to Denver.
Bonnie: ?

Season 2:

Basically them hanging out.

As for who the show cares less about, IDK.

Bonnie: Grams, Mom's a vampire, dad died, has died .... twice?

Jeremy: Jenna, his surrogate father Alaric and Uncle John, Sister / Cousin is a vampire and has died... 4 times that I can remember. And technically speaking mom and dad from pre-show and was was a druggie for a time being.

Both have been kidnapped and used as leverage and threatened with being maimed and or killed

Bonnie: Sporadically loses her ability to practice magic
Jeremy: Apparently has lost ability to function as vampire hunter

Bonnie: Dies before graduating HS ( and then comes back)
Jeremy: Drops out? IDK. Something.

IMO, I can't say the show cares about one more than the other that much
Old 02-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Lis, before I forget again, are you the one who was going to set up the scene survivor?
Old 02-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

the show has been maybe the worst I have ever seen at developing secondary characters and not destroying them.

I mean, I know the CW's target audience is younger than I am and they are supposed to be teenagers and I"m young enough to know that when you're done you sometimes look for love and want to hook up with someone...

but dear god, it seems the only plot point they have is to have someone decide to like someone randomly and create drama.

Instead of having a Tyler, Jeremy, Matt or Bonnie or all of them leave the happy farm and go agains the gruesome threesome for any length of time they are just dumbed down and ruined for the betterment of the trio.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
This is one of the reasons I slowly stopped watching. They kept giving attention to cast members less and less and more to characters that didn't really matter or they were overstaying their welcome. I know people love the Originals by and large,but if they had done the spin-off in S3,TVD would have been better off.

Tyler's character has been ruined in my eyes, Bonnie and Jeremy don't get as much screen time as they should and I miss the moments when they were friends to each other, as opposed to non-stop love triangles. The only ones who have always maintained a really consistent bond are Stefan and Caroline and Damon and Alaric.

Jeremy and Tyler got cut out, Bonnie never really had enough scenes with Stefan to show them being friendly past a point and the girls having friendly moments outside of their love lives reduced drastically. Damon is a bit lucky since he, Liz and Carol got along,but again, things have changed too much.

Aaron could have been a friend in general,but he's dead now. April was boring,but she got along with everyone until she found out that she was lied to.
You're preaching to the choir. So many things went wrong with the show, and it all spiralled down into one hot mess with the overstay of the originals.

I really want Liv to stay on as a connection Bonnie has outside of the main gang. It would be a good way to build up to her becoming a witch again (which I assume will happen at some point). Plus since the writers are only concerned with Elena and Caroline as BBF4L, give me Bonnie with someone else. While I prefer Bonnie and Elena, it's the same tragic story with her not sharing any one on one scenes with Elena since she came back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
IMO, I can't say the show cares about one more than the other that much
Agreed. I used to think Bonnie was less cared for, but this season with Jeremy wandering around in nowhere land and barely sharing any scenes with Elena has put me on edge about the writers interest in his character.

Quote:
Lis, before I forget again, are you the one who was going to set up the scene survivor?
Yeah, that was me. I still didn't around to doing it. Between school and work, I barely have time Can we try to do it after this season ends? At least in the summer I will have some free time without school.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

I honestly think half the time the only reason the writers put them together was just so they could

A) have them on screen and doing something without having to actually give them something to do

and

B) when they were off-screen they could "having dinner with Abby" or as happened in Season 4 be off doing expression training or training to be a hunter or "live in Denver for a while" etc.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I really want Liv to stay on as a connection Bonnie has outside of the main gang. It would be a good way to build up to her becoming a witch again (which I assume will happen at some point). Plus since the writers are only concerned with Elena and Caroline as BBF4L, give me Bonnie with someone else. While I prefer Bonnie and Elena, it's the same tragic story with her not sharing any one on one scenes with Elena since she came back.

Yeah, that was me. I still didn't around to doing it. Between school and work, I barely have time Can we try to do it after this season ends? At least in the summer I will have some free time without school.
Me too, but I just know that any connection Liv and Bonnie had in the last episode will be over once Jeremy comes in the picture.

That's ok, but maybe I can help? You could tell me how you guys did it last time and I'll see if I can set it up.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Me too, but I just know that any connection Liv and Bonnie had in the last episode will be over once Jeremy comes in the picture.

That's ok, but maybe I can help? You could tell me how you guys did it last time and I'll see if I can set it up.
If they use her to create a triangle, I'll be really mad. At least with Anna she was more than Jeremy's gf. She shared a past with the brothers and Katherine. Liv will be a random witch who helped out Bonnie.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Ugh, this girl's going to make me hate my name isn't she? Out of all the names they pick this one.

Quote:
If they use her to create a triangle, I'll be really mad. At least with Anna she was more than Jeremy's gf. She shared a past with the brothers and Katherine. Liv will be a random witch who helped out Bonnie.
It would make zero sense to bring in a random girl to mess everything up. Not after everything they've been through together. They haven't even spoken about Anna.

I'm hoping there won't be a triangle and if there is, she can just admire Jeremy from far far away, and that's it.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

There's no doubt in my mind that Liv will be used to provide Beremy angst.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Are the writers aware that angst was Beremy's relationship for the first half of this season+ the entire time Jeremy was dead last season?

I hope they won't go there again because they already tested their relationship with a ghost and we know how that turned out. Albeit they are stronger this season, so I highly doubt this will end them per se. I know you never can tell with the writers, but I'll reserve judgment until I see how it plays out, if there's even going to be some type of tri.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeFoundLove (View Post)
Are the writers aware that angst was Beremy's relationship for the first half of this season+ the entire time Jeremy was dead last season?
Yes they are, but they don't care about happy and stable couples.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:53 PM
Extreme Fan

We need buttons.

Okay, these are magnets but they look like campaign buttons.

http://rlv.zcache.co.uk/magnets-recd...6bg%3D0xE6E7E2
Old 02-15-2014, 01:10 PM
Master Fan

We need T-shirts, buttons, cups, etc.