Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-12-2016, 01:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
^ You got me very at first when I saw that list of edited posts.
^When I tried to edit my post above yours I got the error message again and lost my post so I logged off Why are you like this @

Quote:
^ I'm not really sure what Caroline could do to show the same kind of devotion that Stefan is showing right now. What she could do right now, jump into Stefan's place as Cade's servant? She's really hopeless in this whole situation and does not have that power to free Stefan from Cade. All she can do is wait that year, and it looks like she's willing to do just that.

This last episode I was sooo irritated that Stefan was cheated out on his last day of freedom. Like, really...?

Ugh yes, please. Do NOT make the last episode about evil sirens redemption, seriously who cares? When Damon killed one siren I was sooo happy, but then I see she's still alive in the next episode. Sweet heavens...
I agree. There is nothing she can do....besides just waiting out this year so Stefan has someone to return to. Getting involved in Cade business might only get her sent to Hell or worse.... become an eternal servant. And she's not a Ripper so she won't be able to bargain her way out of it. But I do think Caroline will help Stefan somehow. What else is she going to do? Just go to work and live life as normal? The kids are gone too so she has nothing to focus on.

My guess is Ripper Stefan will scare Damon and make him want to get out of the deal even earlier. Bonnie might get her magic back and the team can band together. Also Seline = Stefan in the parallels with Defan and might want redemption and also offer some help. And the most help Caroline will do is to help Stefan out with a guilt spiral that he may have.

Also I get why this episode which was a bit more 'fun' when Stefan was facing such a gloomy future would suck. They had decided to cancel the dinner but Stefan wanted it. And Caroline even says at dinner that they're going to eat because it's what Stefan wanted. And with Damon going around choking her and threatening everyone I get why she just went along with it. She couldn't exactly tell him to GTFO so she just let him stay. I like that she was drinking a lot to get through the disaster And she wanted to get the tuning fork back so she kept Sybil around for information. They weren't having fun at that dinner. They were so tense. Also Caroline didn't ask Stefan to sacrifice himself for the twins. That was his choice so I just don't see how she isn't devoted to him.

I get the parallel storyline they're trying to show with Defan but it's honestly such a waste to focus on their drama. How about you just fix the real Defan? We didn't need a Defan 2.0 to give Damon redemption

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 12-12-2016 at 01:46 AM
Old 12-12-2016, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, knowing Caroline I don't think she'll be able to sit around and just do nothing for a whole year, when both her kids and Stefan are gone. She's too much od an energetic person, so I can see her trying to do some action. We'll see how it ends.

Lol at Defan 2.0, they're sooo not needed. And to be honest I don't buy Seline sudden change of heart. Just last episode she wanted to give two little girls to devil, and before that she seemed pretty much psycho to me. But now suddenly she has a conscience, that apperently she had since we've met her....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle
They weren't having fun at that dinner. They were so tense. Also Caroline didn't ask Stefan to sacrifice himself for the twins. That was his choice so I just don't see how she isn't devoted to him.
Agree. I can see why some people may be irritated that Stefan had to sacrifice himself, but the situation simply called for that. If Stefan decided to not go with Damon's plan and gave up girls, that wouldn't speak very well of him tbh. And Caroline simply can't do anything about that right now. But lets see how she deals with everything when the show is back.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:07 AM
Master Fan

Also I wanted to add that Caroline removing that engagement ring while hurtful actually proves how devoted she is to Stefan. Like Julie said in the producer's preview she needed to focus on being Team Parent. And so while her cutting out Stefan was extreme it's because she was worried her loyalty to him would interfere with her getting her kids back. And I think her threat to kill Damon was empty tbh. She looked shocked that Alaric did it. And she gave Damon the necklace to fix him for Stefan and Elena. Caroline's life would be so much easier if Damon was gone But she knows Stefan needs him.

Quote:
Lol at Defan 2.0, they're sooo not needed. And to be honest I don't buy Seline sudden change of heart. Just last episode she wanted to give two little girls to devil, and before that she seemed pretty much psycho to me. But now suddenly she has a conscience, that apperently she had since we've met her....

Agree. I can see why some people may be irritated that Stefan had to sacrifice himself, but the situation simply called for that. If Stefan decided to not go with Damon's plan and gave up girls, that wouldn't speak very well of him tbh. And Caroline simply can't do anything about that right now. But lets see how she deals with everything when the show is back.
Yeah it's pretty sick using two innocent kids but these are not normal people. And in her way she was fixing her mistake. Just like Stefan becoming a Ripper in S2 to save Damon. You have to judge the sacrifice and not focus on what they were doing to find anything noble about it I know Sybil painted her at the 'bad' sister but there are two sides to every story and I wouldn't just believe Sybil
Old 12-12-2016, 03:20 AM
Master Fan

Nah I don't believe Sybil either. I think both sisters are screwed up tbh, it's just that Seline up until the last episode was totally making the crazy eyes if you ask me. Like with Georgie, when she killed her she seemed pretty much psycho. I didn't see any conflict in her eyes, and to me it looks like writers made a sudden change in her characters just to fit her into the story they are trying to tell.

Quote:
Also I wanted to add that Caroline removing that engagement ring while hurtful actually proves how devoted she is to Stefan. Like Julie said in the producer's preview she needed to focus on being Team Parent.
That makes sense. Just like Stefan at the beginning of S6 had to cut out Caroline, because he knew how deeply she affects him.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nah I don't believe Sybil either. I think both sisters are screwed up tbh, it's just that Seline up until the last episode was totally making the crazy eyes if you ask me. Like with Georgie, when she killed her she seemed pretty much psycho. I didn't see any conflict in her eyes, and to me it looks like writers made a sudden change in her characters just to fit her into the story they are trying to tell.

That makes sense. Just like Stefan at the beginning of S6 had to cut out Caroline, because he knew how deeply she affects him.
Oh she definitely has a psycho look It's actually why I 'like' her. The actress can pull off creepy and innocent at the same time. That scene where she read the bedtime story to the kids scared me more than all Sybil's scenes. Sybil just comes across as a playground bully and it's so annoying. And while it's tiresome that all these villains have sob stories I'd take the one trying to fix mistakes over the other who plays the victim while clearly enjoying being bad.

Nice comparison
Old 12-12-2016, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
^ I'm not really sure what Caroline could do to show the same kind of devotion that Stefan is showing right now. What she could do right now, jump into Stefan's place as Cade's servant? She's really hopeless in this whole situation and does not have that power to free Stefan from Cade. All she can do is wait that year, and it looks like she's willing to do just that.
Okay, let me see if I can explain this better.. just bear with me for a second It's really hard to write everything that I want to be saying

Okay.. so my problem is not Caroline... I think Caroline loves Stefan in a loving and healthy way.. the problem I have is the writers, and how they write Stefan and his love. I think Stefan's love can be extremely unhealthy... the sacrificing himself for the people he loves may seem romantic, but it's not. I get that what Stefan did for Caroline's two innocent girls was noble and really quite honourable, but this is TVD.. you can not tell me that they didn't have some other way to protect those kids, because they definitely could have. SC's love has now fallen out of balance for me because I used to think it was healthy and it wasn't self sacrificing, but Stefan has just proven that his love for Caroline is in the same kind of league as his love for Damon is, and how he used to love Elena. The writers have not learned with Stefan at all and that is sad to me.

You asked me what could Caroline do?? Should she jump into Stefan's place?? And my question is.. why not?? It is clearly something they would have Stefan do for her, so why shouldn't they have her do that?? Now, to be clear.. I don't want that to happen obviously, but I certainly don't want Stefan to continue sacrificing himself for everybody he loves, especially when those he loves have never gone to such extremes for him.

As I said.. I get why some people won't see it that way.. but right now, I am just tired of Stefan getting the shtty end of every relationship he has been in... the writers need to fix Stefan, not have him continue this trend... I thought SC was different for him.....
Old 12-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 12-13-2016, 12:21 AM
Master Fan

Glader|4|Life, you're right that writers could have come up with a different way to save twins, so Stefan wouldn't have to sacrifice himself. It is very tiresome that he usually do all those noble stuff for others that he loves. My guess is that writers just like him doing that... and to me it looks like they needed a reason for him to turn into The Ripper. So I think if they really needed to make him one, then Im glad the reason for that is because to save two little girls.

I think it is possible that writers make Stefan constantly being in pain and sacrificing himself for others just so he actually could have a happy ending. He'd done a lot of awful things in the past, and I think it's writers way to make him worthy of true happiness one day. Damon had done awful things too, but I'm not exactly sure his ending would be riding into the sunset with Elena. Talk about unfair...

Quote:
Oh she definitely has a psycho look It's actually why I 'like' her. The actress can pull off creepy and innocent at the same time. That scene where she read the bedtime story to the kids scared me more than all Sybil's scenes. Sybil just comes across as a playground bully and it's so annoying. And while it's tiresome that all these villains have sob stories I'd take the one trying to fix mistakes over the other who plays the victim while clearly enjoying being bad.
Lol at Sybil being the playground bully, so true. And I think you just described the older brother here. Both sisters annoy me but if now, I would have to choose, then Seline is it. It's interesting though, all the parallels between the sirens and Salvatore brothers. Me thinks writers want to showcase even more the differences between Damon and Stefan, one who sees himself as a victim and the other who admits what he's done in the past is wrong and tries to be a good person now.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:13 AM
Master Fan

^ So that's why I expect Seline to jump on Team MF and help the gang.

I completely understand your concerns Glader|4|Life about Stefan always sacrificing himself. It definitely pushed SC into a more unhealthier/imbalanced direction. And this behaviour from Stefan is so predictable. When I read the synopsis I thought Caroline would be the one to make the deal and Stefan would go behind her back and replace her. It's sad that I just expect this from him now. I don't know if Caroline could ever be that devoted to someone like that because she has self-preservation. She has killed before to save Bonnie and Stefan but I don't think she would do something as serious as Stefan. The only thing one could hope for is that Stefan gets more self-preservation but it's so ingrained in his character that I don't know if he will. But that's why I was happy that he didn't just accept that it was his fate and figured a way to get out of the situation earlier. And even though he's going to be a Ripper which has plagued him with guilt for over a century and stopped him from being happy before, at least this time he believes he will get a happily ever after.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:21 AM
Master Fan

As for Caroline, the only people in the whole world, that I can see her sacrificing for, is for her own kids. Other than that, not anyone really... And like Tee said, it's just in character for her. And if she had to make a choice - her or Stefan - Caroline the eternal optimist that she is, wouldn't think of sacrificing herself, but instead try her hardest to find a way a save them both.
Now I wonder what she'll do in that year with both her twins and Stefan being gone...? Just doing nothing and waiting isn't exactly her thing to do.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
As for Caroline, the only people in the whole world, that I can see her sacrificing for, is for her own kids. Other than that, not anyone really... And like Tee said, it's just in character for her. And if she had to make a choice - her or Stefan - Caroline the eternal optimist that she is, wouldn't think of sacrificing herself, but instead try her hardest to find a way a save them both.
Now I wonder what she'll do in that year with both her twins and Stefan being gone...? Just doing nothing and waiting isn't exactly her thing to do.
Yeah, right now a huge sacrifice from Caroline would be for the girls. But I don't think Stefan was born this way. He wasn't as devoted to Katherine like Damon was. And his devotion to Damon came from 160 years of guilt. Imagine somebody being mad at you for that long Plus there was the self-loathing from being a Ripper. So he felt he deserved punishment. Also the older you are the less afraid you are of dying. I know this from elders in my family who aren't hesitant when talking about their time coming....whereas young people don't even want to think about it. Lexi and Damon seemed at peace with dying in 5x22. And according to Valerie, Stefan wasn't afraid of dying in 7x18. So I guess it's easier to make huge sacrifices when you've lived longer and have experienced life. So besides her self-preservation and optimism I also think it's Caroline's age that grounds her. She's only 24 and she chose to live on her 18th birthday when Klaus gave her the choice. So given time who knows what could happen to her. She might reach a point where she can be as devoted as other characters.

Well if Damon is scared of Ripper Stefan like I'm speculating he might ask Caroline for some help to keep him in check. I'm curious how a non-humanity Stefan and Caroline interaction would go though. Non-humanity Caroline knew she needed to stay good so she wouldn't have regrets so maybe Stefan will decide it's better to stay far away from her. But then non-humanity Stefan in S6 was obsessed with Caroline and wouldn't leave her alone so it could go the opposite way. Other than that she could do research I suppose. She read tons of books in 6x01 to figure out a way to get rid of the boundary spell around MF. Magic fixes everything so she just needs to figure out a loophole. And then hopefully Bonnie will have her magic back, or she can go find Valerie. I'm even wondering if they might use the twins since they got them to learn that one spell. Her best bet would be to try to get one of the Sirens to give her info/switch sides and help her.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 12-13-2016 at 10:53 AM
Old 12-13-2016, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 12-14-2016, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

Lovely videos.

icon: rachel/adam
Old 12-15-2016, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 12-16-2016, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love SC and will always love them, regardless of what happens but I can admit their relationship in the last few seasons just didnt/doesnt compare at all to season 5/6 to me, obviously.

Quote:
So I basically made a bunch of triple posts and when I logged on again I was like WTF
i meant to say 12 posts. not 2. LOL. But no, honestly i had 7 i think . Glad the FF issues seem to be resolved.