Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-05-2016, 12:49 AM
Master Fan

^ ITA. Caroline's reaction wasn't a great thing to watch for us as a SC shippers and Stefan fans, but she's a mother and honestly, I would side eyed her hard if she stayed all calm and not freak out by the fact that when Damon is involved then Stefan is doing anything to save him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle
You know what I was thinking is that this Cade guy is pretty laid back for a villain. Seline actually got to be a nanny So Stefan and Caroline don't have to cut off contact with each other. Does he even keep tabs on them? I mean Sybil was locked up for over a century. They just need to send him some evil souls. Jeremy hunts vampires. He can send some of them Stefan's way.
True, it looks like Damon and Stefan still could have their life and not have to kill people 24/7. We'll see. Though I can't imagine how hard it'll be for Stefan since he doesn't like killing at all... could it be possible that he turn off his humanity too, like Damon?

Quote:
The twins will be better protected by supernatural creatures than humans tbh so I also think Alaric will figure that out sooner rather than later. I have considered Caroline letting the twins go for their safety which would be so heartbreaking but since she did it so early in the season I have a good feeling it won't happen at the end of the season. I hope not because she loves them so much
I hope Caroline will be in twins life too, since she loves them so much. And tbh Caroline's being a mother is not bothering me much, actually I think she's very natural in that.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
Love your icon

The fact that we know the finish line is almost here is probably helping me. What Caroline said was hurtful but she loves those kids so much. She said she felt like dying when she realised they were gone. I'm not a parent but I'm trying to put myself in her shoes. It's a very stressful situation. Did you see what Alaric said to Caroline? He was stressed too. So I get where they're coming from. And since Damon just killed Tyler, their hate and concern against him is warranted. Remember in S6 when Damon died and Stefan was grieving and was closed off emotionally? I'm trying to look at it that way in that yes it's hurtful but they have good reasons.
Thanks Harry is beautiful

It's not even that really.. I am a mother so I know exactly how she would feel. I am just not impressed that once again Stefan risked everything to save those kids and she still acts like he has betrayed her. I am just sick of it. I am so tired of Stefan getting the shaft in all these things. I get that Caroline's kids come first to her, but she could try and be a little more understanding of Stefan and his feelings.. I feel like Stefan is always the one compromising. It's depressing. I don't care when they fight or argue (that happens in all relationships), but it just feels like Stefan is always the one being dumped on.. I just want him to get the kind of support that he gives to everyone he loves.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:24 AM
Master Fan

^ Caroline usually is very understanding of Stefan and his feelings but she's also can be hot headed and extremely protective of the ones she loves, especially her kids. So when their life was in danger she had none of this and overacted slightly, like with giving back to Stefan her engagement ring. It wasn't very fair and she acknowledged this to Stefan at the end of the episode. I guess no one's perfect, and neither is Caroline.

I'm not sure which scene was that "once again Stefan risked everything to save those kids and she still acts like he has betrayed her"? You mean that scene when Stefan reveals what he had to do to save the twins?

Last edited by For You to Notice...; 12-05-2016 at 01:34 AM
Old 12-05-2016, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I understand why others are okay with this.. but I continually feel like Stefan gets the short end of the stick in this show and it affects the way I view SC. I feel like Stefan is always the one making the big compromises It's sad for me

The scene just rubbed me the wrong way... maybe I am just too bitter for Stefan over this episode. I might re-watch it again later and form a different opinion
Old 12-05-2016, 01:57 AM
Master Fan

Agree with that Stefan usually is the ones who has to sacrifice himself for others... This is very upsetting and honestly I hope Caroline will do everything in her power to free him from Cade, because this life will be a true hell for Stefan.

I think Caroline wasn't meant to come off as accusing Stefan of betraying her. She was just very upset because she realized how much she lost when Stefan sacraficed himself for her kids. And the fact alone that she was bawling her eyes out is proof enough for me that she felt terrible for Stefan.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:01 AM
Master Fan

The first time I watched that scene it was like getting sucker punched. Even in 8x05 when she said Damon's gone I was hurt and I don't even care about Damon or Defan anymore but Stefan loves him..... Caroline just really hates Damon right now and isn't holding back. Those scenes will never be enjoyable to watch so they go into the never rewatch unless I wanna suffer list. But Stefan understood where Caroline was coming from and I don't think he would have even expected an apology.

And I do agree that Stefan gets the short end of the stick which is why I really need Caroline to not give up on him and save him from this mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
True, it looks like Damon and Stefan still could have their life and not have to kill people 24/7. We'll see. Though I can't imagine how hard it'll be for Stefan since he doesn't like killing at all... could it be possible that he turn off his humanity too, like Damon?
I get a feeling Damon might flip his humanity back on now that he's not doomed for Hell. Then he'll realise how much he screwed up and then hopefully feel some guilt for dragging Stefan into the mess with him and want to do something about it. They're suppose to kill evil people though so it's like killing those vamps for Rayna last season which Stefan didn't have a problem with. Right now Cade seems more like Rayna to me and not much of a villain but I guess that could change. I have wanted to see Caroline pull Stefan back from a Rippah phase but now I'd rather he stay hopeful that they can figure a way out of the mess.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 12-05-2016 at 02:14 AM
Old 12-05-2016, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

True, Caroline just hates Damon, so much. Looking at her history with him, it's no wonder... and now it'll only intensify since he killed Tyler and is tagging with someone whose evil sister kidnapped her kids. Bahh, I always knew Damon could cause problems for SC, I just hope it won't go further than that.

Quote:
They're suppose to kill evil people though so it's like killing those vamps for Rayna last season which Stefan didn't have a problem with. Right now Cade seems more like Rayna to me and not much of a villain but I guess that could change.
If they only had to kill really evil people then yes, it wouldn't be so bad... but I've an impression that for Cade almost everyone is evil and deserves to go to hell. Like Georgie whose friend died in car accident. And when Damon and Enzo were looking for people to kill, they were literally asking them what was the worst thing they ever done... I remember one person saying he/she cheated (???) and appearently, to Damon and Enzo, that was enough to kill him. IDK if Stefan would be fine with that. But maybe he'll be able to make his own rules who deserves to die.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
True, Caroline just hates Damon, so much. Looking at her history with him, it's no wonder... and now it'll only intensify since he killed Tyler and is tagging with someone whose evil sister kidnapped her kids. Bahh, I always knew Damon could cause problems for SC, I just hope it won't go further than that.

If they only had to kill really evil people then yes, it wouldn't be so bad... but I've an impression that for Cade almost everyone is evil and deserves to go to hell. Like Georgie whose friend died in car accident. And when Damon and Enzo were looking for people to kill, they were literally asking them what was the worst thing they ever done... I remember one person saying he/she cheated (???) and appearently, to Damon and Enzo, that was enough to kill him. IDK if Stefan would be fine with that. But maybe he'll be able to make his own rules who deserves to die.
And we were just talking about Damon affecting SC the other day and I was confident it wouldn't be a problem But after 8x05 I was like 'oh shīt' it really could be a problem. I always looked at the relationships separately. But it does look like Stefan is pulling away from Damon. A lot of SC fans are celebrating that. Honestly I'm not. Stefan will be most happy if him and Damon are on good terms so they need to fix Damon ASAP.

Yeah I guess it depends on how demanding Cade is. In S4 when Stefan needed a vampire he went to a prison to find someone irredeemable so if he can choose his victims then it won't be so bad. But then when it life ever simple on TVD
Old 12-05-2016, 03:15 AM
Master Fan

I think Stefan is just tired of all this assy things Damon is doing and because of that he might look like he is pulling away. But, like you, I don't think Stefan truly could be happy if Damon is not okay, and they're not on good terms. So they need to fix Damon. And preferably wake up Elena, so she could keep him busy again, and stop him from doing stupid things.

Btw, I wonder what Stefan will think of Alaric little action with stake and Damons heart. Btw, if Damon was any of the other supporting characters the show had, then he would die many times in the past because of everything he did. And realistically, no one would cry after him, because he's a general di*k to almost everyone. But when someone on the show is finally fed up with him, it's when he saved two little girls from devil himself... Like I'm not sure what writers are trying to do, but whatever it is, it's not working on me.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:50 AM
Master Fan

I agree. It looks very similar to the 1994 flashbacks scenario where Stefan was done with Damon so I don't think it's Caroline's influence as some people think. But then we had those scenes in 8x03 where Bonnie reprimanded Stefan for choosing Damon and when he said he hated being on opposite sides of the fight to Caroline that makes me think he will wonder if Damon is worth all this trouble.

I wasn't mad at Damon before this episode but he really annoyed me in this one I was glad when Alaric staked him and I was the biggest Dalaric fan pre S6. And if Elena is not awake by the time those kids are 16 they won't be safe from Damon's temper tantrums. Humanity or no humanity Damon can do nasty things so good for Alaric being pro active tbh. There was nothing stopping him from sending a text to the MF gang as soon as he saw the twins, incapacitating the Sirens since he is stronger and speeding the twins to safety. To me it looked like his priority was staying out of Hell and the kids being saved was just an added bonus. Also I hate that he just decided to include Stefan in the deal. He could have just offered himself up or told Sybil he'd take her place and she could get revenge against Seline by helping him ruin her plan. Sybil ended up backstabbing Seline anyway so she would have been game for it It's like he wanted to drag Stefan into this mess. There are parallels between Seline/Sybil and Defan. Sybil still blames Seline for what happened centuries ago and backstabbed her even though Seline was trying to get them out of the mess. According to Sybil Damon is still mad about Stefan turning him so to me what Damon did was spiteful. I think that Damon is going to get a huge wake up call once his humanity is back on and it sinks in what Alaric did to him.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 12-05-2016 at 04:05 AM
Old 12-05-2016, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

True, I can see Stefan wondering if Damon is even worth saving anymore, I hope he won't decide he isn't, because I can't see Stefan ever being truly happy after making that decision.

Lol at Damon's temper tantrums, so true and so weird at the same time, considering how old he's, and how mature he should be. I also saw Damon exchanging himself and Stefan for girls mostly as his way to avoid hell. But I thought he included Stefan in the deal because writers needed him to. As in, I'm not sure Damon believed he could exchange just himself (because it looks like Cade is taking "siblings" only?) but if he did then that's just...
Old 12-05-2016, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

People disown family members and live happy lives so it's not impossible.....but I want the best outcome so #fixDamon #wakeupElena

I hadn't thought about the sibling element. Good point. But it's hard for me not to think that there wasn't any spite when Damon included Stefan in the deal. Not when they've brought up Stefan turning Damon in 8x01 and 8x03. And Stefan told Caroline he was going to get the eternity of misery that Damon promised him. It seemed like the second half of S7 brought nice closure to Defan but it looks like they weren't done.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:30 AM
Master Fan

Yup, I'm all for the best outcomes too.

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if Damon included Stefan in the deal just to make him suffer, especially now since he has no humanity, and like you said, Defan past issues are apparently still alive and kicking. It's so annoying tho, Damon harboring hidden grudge, since in my opinion Stefan has more rights to be mad at Damon.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

The only good thing I can see with the Defan drama is that Stefan is the self-aware one between the two. In 8x03 I was so proud when he said he was both the good and the bad sister. And I didn't like him saying that Sybil should damn him instead of Damon because he can't be responsible for what Damon did but at least it shows Stefan wiling to own up to his actions and take the punishment. So if there's a final sacrifice that needs to be made the most sense would be Damon doing it. He's the one who needs growth and redemption.

Back to SC. One thing to fangirl over is Stefan said wife

x
Old 12-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper