Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-09-2017, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks guys

These are my OTP of the show, their relationship is by far the most natural and genuine one of the entire show for me beside Defan. Plus they're my two faves which helps

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 01-09-2017, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

^ SC relationship is my favorite on TVD too.

Heh, my mom used to say to me to not look at tv when there were some lovemaking scenes too.

But no, BnB was the only american soap of this type that I used to watch. Others never aired in my country, at least not in a respectable time slot and on a channel that was reachable to me. But that's okay, today I still watch soaps, just slightly better made and with lesser number of episodes.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Too Keen (View Post)
These are my OTP of the show, their relationship is by far the most natural and genuine one of the entire show for me beside Defan. Plus they're my two faves which helps
I've liked a lot of couples on the show but SC is the one that I've consistently liked Even when I wasn't particularly happy with the writing I couldn't drop them

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
I still watch soaps, just slightly better made and with lesser number of episodes.
Which countries do they air in? I've been wanting to expand my viewing beyond American shows. I've watched a couple British shows recently. I use to watch local soapies but I'm so lazy because they're five eps per week. And ours move much faster. Each episode is one day, so if you miss a few you might miss important things. Unlike America soapies where the storylines drag on forever and they have flashbacks We have one show that I think is better written than most American shows I've watched.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 01-09-2017 at 05:29 AM
Old 01-09-2017, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

^ I've noticed with myself that when I'm not happy with the writing for my couple but I still adore them, that it's when I know for sure that I ship them hardcore.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

^ That's when you know they're OTP. Also if I'm willing to read fanfic then I know I must really love them

But I think SC will be the last OTP I have. I'm gonna stick to casual shipping from now on. OTP-ing can be too damn stressful
Old 01-09-2017, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

I might have new otps, because shipping a couple is something that I can't help doing: it's like falling in love... and it either happens or not. But yeah, it can be soo stressful, and because of that I'm happy that I don't "fall" for couples as often as I used to. I must be getting old...
Old 01-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

I've never been much of a superfan. Since I discovered message boards and fandoms which was about 8 years ago I've only had 3 big ships. And I shipped each hardcore for a few years. So while I'll probably like new couples I'm not gonna do the hardcore thing with reading fanfic and fangirling online. I'm just gonna watch the episode and then forget about the show until the next episode I do that with most of the shows I watch.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Spoiler:
Old 01-10-2017, 12:11 AM
Master Fan

^ Wait is that one of the new stills? Why I haven't seen that yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle
I'm just gonna watch the episode and then forget about the show until the next episode I do that with most of the shows I watch.
Yeaaah, I do that with a lot of shows that I watch too. Unfortunately tv shows just don't capture my attention in the same way as they used to...
Old 01-10-2017, 01:29 AM
Master Fan

Meaningful speeches and not just pretty words

x

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)

Yeaaah, I do that with a lot of shows that I watch too. Unfortunately tv shows just don't capture my attention in the same way as they used to...
Same. I think it's because TV writers aren't as good. Also, I think the older I get the more realistic I've become. Like Titanic was my fave movie for a couple years but now when I think that the characters only knew each other for 2 days I'm not as sad about the ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
Spoiler:
Thanks for posting!

Spoiler:

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 01-10-2017 at 01:35 AM
Old 01-10-2017, 01:35 AM
Master Fan

^ Thanks for posting, great gifset. I love how everythnig Stefan told that Caroline is to him, is true. He knows she's his rock.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:38 AM
Master Fan

^ Yes He acknowledged that she's his support system. And she did the same in her 'Why do I have a thing for you?' speech
Old 01-10-2017, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

Yup. They really are made for each other...
Old 01-10-2017, 04:06 AM
Master Fan

They're just so compatible. The differences in their personalities help to create a nice balance. Caroline's neurotic quirks balance with Stefan's calmer personality. Though when he's a Ripper he's so crazy not even Caroline at her most neurotic can match up to him And Caroline's bubblyness balances Stefan's broodiness. They have the same goals and want the same things so they don't need to change to make the other happy. Back in S5 I worried that Stefan might still want to be human and that would mess up their compatibility but after being human for a day in S7 he hated it so that's not a worry anymore Oh and even that pregnancy storyline which I hated somehow helped them. Because Stefan wanted to be a father and now he gets to experience it somehow. They just need to get married already
Old 01-10-2017, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love that new pic of them, can't wait for them in that ep