Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2013, 10:29 AM
  #61
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 458
I am not too familiar with press conferences but aren't they essentially a single interview session but with multiple reporters each asking one question? If so it makes sense that they would all have similar sound bites.
dirtydiana is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 11:28 AM
  #62
Elite Fan

 
valeposh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 49,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydiana (View Post)
I am not too familiar with press conferences but aren't they essentially a single interview session but with multiple reporters each asking one question? If so it makes sense that they would all have similar sound bites.
Yes, they all asked questions in turns. So it's pretty much what you've already read in others I've translated.
__________________
Where It All Began
- Matthew Morrison -
♥ And the moon's never seen me before... and I'm reflecting light ♥
icon: Permanent_99
valeposh is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 01:08 PM
  #63
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 458
Ok thanks, I wouldnt have been able to tell.

Oh they included Matt on the Glee christmas EP! a group number of rocking around the christmas tree. He puts this great twang in his voice that makes me want to hear him seriously cover an Elvis track.

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post...tree-glee-cast

Last edited by dirtydiana; 12-11-2013 at 02:34 PM
dirtydiana is offline  
Old 11-29-2013, 04:32 AM
  #64
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 458
Cheek to Cheek was such a good number. I do hope that RIB throws him more numbers like this every so often over the next season and a half. This really is his forte!
dirtydiana is offline  
Old 12-10-2013, 03:31 PM
  #65
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 458
Matts fashion style hadn't gone unnoticed

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2013/12/mat...cks-event.html

I love the shoes!

Last edited by dirtydiana; 12-11-2013 at 02:31 PM
dirtydiana is offline  
Old 12-10-2013, 08:51 PM
  #66
Master Fan

 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,046
Is anyone else a bit bitter(irrationally maybe) that Lea's single is a success when neither of Matt's were? I'm not bashing Lea. She's worked hard, she's talented, and her team has done a great job promoting her. I'm just sad Matt hasn't been successful. Should we blame his management, or is it Ryan's fault for wasting him and not allowing him to show how talented he is?
Saranoh is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:13 PM
  #67
New Fan
 
Etaoin's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
Is anyone else a bit bitter(irrationally maybe) that Lea's single is a success when neither of Matt's were? I'm not bashing Lea. She's worked hard, she's talented, and her team has done a great job promoting her. I'm just sad Matt hasn't been successful. Should we blame his management, or is it Ryan's fault for wasting him and not allowing him to show how talented he is?
It's very difficult to be successful in the music business. Part of the success of Lea's album will be based on people trying to get their fix of grief porn (unfortunately). They'll buy her album because of Cory and their relationship. Part of the success will be based on the fact that the songs on her album will be marketed to a younger demographic . And part of her success will be based on the fact that her album is on Columbia which will market the heck out of it. You're comparing a standard's album released on an indie label to a pop album released on a major label. It's not really the same thing. Also, Matt's first album was relatively success. It didn't break records but, it didn't tank either.

How do you measure success? He's had more Broadway success than Lea and he'll probably have more success scoring movie roles since he isn't as tied to his character as she is to hers. Matthew seems to be doing what he wants to do (except for being tied to Glee). Lea seems to be a nice person and is also doing what she enjoys. Why measure them against each other?

Side note: Poor Mark Salling is probably somewhere clutching a copy of his album and weeping right now for being left out of this comparison.
Etaoin is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:17 PM
  #68
Master Fan

 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,046
Everything that you've said is true. I still can't help feeling a twinge of jealousy, though.

FWIW, I think Matt is probably a nice person too. People who know him seem to love him at least.
Saranoh is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:19 PM
  #69
Elite Fan

 
valeposh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 49,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etaoin (View Post)
It's very difficult to be successful in the music business. Part of the success of Lea's album will be based on people trying to get their fix of grief porn (unfortunately). They'll buy her album because of Cory and their relationship. Part of the success will be based on the fact that the songs on her album will be marketed to a younger demographic . And part of her success will be based on the fact that her album is on Columbia which will market the heck out of it. You're comparing a standard's album released on an indie label to a pop album released on a major label. It's not really the same thing. Also, Matt's first album was relatively success. It didn't break records but, it didn't tank either.

How do you measure success? He's had more Broadway success than Lea and he'll probably have more success scoring movie roles since he isn't as tied to his character as she is to hers. Matthew seems to be doing what he wants to do (except for being tied to Glee). Lea seems to be a nice person and is also doing what she enjoys. Why measure them against each other?

Side note: Poor Mark Salling is probably somewhere clutching a copy of his album and weeping right now for being left out of this comparison.
I want to quote every single word you typed. It's so different, and Matt's plans don't lay (at least not exclusively) in the music business. He's doing exactly what he loves doing right now (Glee apart). Thank you for writing this.
__________________
Where It All Began
- Matthew Morrison -
♥ And the moon's never seen me before... and I'm reflecting light ♥
icon: Permanent_99
valeposh is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:37 PM
  #70
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 458
I do admire how persistent Matt is. Just this past weekend he few out to Delaware to perform a gig with their symphony orchestra. He obviously loves performing live like that and does so every chance he gets.
dirtydiana is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:38 PM
  #71
Master Fan

 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,046
FTR, I know Matt's plans don't lay exclusively in the music business. Is it so wrong to be a bit bummed that his albums haven't been more successful, though? He's obviously very successful over all, but as a fan, I wish his albums had done better I also wish his people would get him more regular gigs as opposed to just expensive galas,. I feel like I'm being misunderstood.
Saranoh is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:55 PM
  #72
Elite Fan

 
valeposh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 49,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydiana (View Post)
I do admire how persistent Matt is. Just this past weekend he few out to Delaware to perform a gig with their symphony orchestra. He obviously loves performing live like that and does so every chance he gets.
Yesterday, after his live tracks came out, I texted him to tell him how much I love them. And part of his reply was, "that's what I am, a live performer!" That's what he does, that's what he loves. He'll be back on Broadway soon enough.
__________________
Where It All Began
- Matthew Morrison -
♥ And the moon's never seen me before... and I'm reflecting light ♥
icon: Permanent_99
valeposh is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 03:17 PM
  #73
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 458
I don't think that performing at Galas every now and then is a bad thing. He likely gets paid a ton to perform there and he raises money for a cause he believes in.


Anyway Matt is doing just fine, let's Wait until Glee is over and see what he chooses to do next. Doing Light in the Piazza after Hairspray was a brilliant choice, if parlays his Glee success with the same intelligence,he should do well.eally

Last edited by dirtydiana; 12-11-2013 at 05:08 PM
dirtydiana is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 04:03 PM
  #74
Master Fan

 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 11,046
Sigh. I didn't say there was anything wrong with them. I just wish he'd get a chance to do more gigs for fans. Galas are wonderful for raising awareness, so I'm not bashing them at all. I just wish he could do more concerts that would help him grow his fan base.

Changing the topic to something more positive, what do y'all think of Matt's Christmas EP? I quite like it. I think OHN and "Let It Snow" are my favorites.

Last edited by Saranoh; 12-11-2013 at 04:25 PM
Saranoh is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 04:32 PM
  #75
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 458
My favourite right now is oh holy night, it's an amazing song in its on right but Matt sounds lovely on it.
dirtydiana is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:02 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST