Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanksgiving (4x08) - Episode Discussion

Thanksgiving
4x08 - episode discussion

NEW DIRECTIONS WARMS UP FOR SECTIONALS ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29 ON FOX

All-New Thanksgiving-Themed Episode

It’s time for Sectionals, and New Directions receives guidance from some of the recent McKinley graduates who volunteer to mentor the glee club during their Thanksgiving breaks. Meanwhile, Rachel and Kurt have a non-traditional holiday dinner in the Big Apple in the all-new “Thanksgiving” episode of GLEE airing Thursday, Nov. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-408) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Heather Morris as Brittany; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; and Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury.

Guest Cast: Sarah Jessica Parker as Isabelle Wright; Dot Jones as Coach Beiste; Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta; Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson; Samuel Larsen as Joe Hart; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Dean Geyer as Brody Weston; Becca Tobin as Kitty; Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins; Alex Newell as Wade Adams; Grant Gustin as Sebastian Smythe; and Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn.

Based on previous heated debates, we (moderators) have decided to list some guidelines and rules that need to be followed on all episode discussions here.

1. Do not bash any of the cast members or writers. Discussion should be about characters. Substituting an actors name for a character when discussing the character is not okay. They're not the same person. Respectfully critiquing someone's performance or a writer's contribution is fine, however, bashing and being rude about them is not. Offensive nicknames for the writers and cast-members are also not to be used here. This is against Fan Forum policy and is an insult to real people.

2. Feel free to visit the general discussion threads or the previous episode discussion threads here to continue talking about episodes that have already aired.

3. Be respectful to each other, moderators, and to every fandom despite your personal beliefs. Previous episode discussions presented us with problems and we'd like to prevent this from happening. We encourage a good debate, but let's keep it respectful. Personal attacks are not needed, nor allowed here. Targeting another poster on who they support or why their argument is invalid is also unnecessary. Please refer back to Fan Forum's rules regarding this. No matter who you support or ship, we are all fans and people, too.

4. This is a Glee Appreciation board. And as such, it is great to critique, debate and interact respectfully with the fans. But we cannot emphasize enough that calling the show, its cast and crew, etc. 'racist', 'homophobic' or 'sexist' is extremely offensive and will not be tolerated. This board isn't the place for these remarks. Please take it off site or keep it to yourself.
Thank you, everyone!

Happy Hunger Games Glee Discussion!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for opening bb
Old 11-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

you're wlcome
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tftnt noelle

amelia | icon: mel
Old 11-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

no problem amelia!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

TFTNT.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

QuinnFabrayDay
Old 11-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT. Am looking forward to this episode.

Starkid is the blood in my veins - Darren Criss
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

This was a jam-packed ep. It was good, but so many things were happening or announced and then dropped. My head was spinning!

Enjoyed all the performances! (Except for one...more on that later). I teared up when the graduates started singing and was smiling by the end. Mike Chang's voice got better! Or perhaps he's better at singing Phillip Phillips than West Side Story. In any case, can I have my Mike Chang/Quinn now please? It's way better than some 35-year old professor who we probably won't meet.

Plus Mercedes' voice.....like butter. She's totally winning a Grammy one day.

Kitty didn't squick me out in this ep but that's mainly because she wasn't anywhere near Marley. I thought her Quinn adoration was cute. But nobody can be the fantab Quinn Fabray, okay? I was doing my Supreme imitation moves along with the UT. Come see about me...

The slapping was kind of funny, but I don't expect anything more past that. Would it be wrong to showcase a healthy female friendship?

I love Finn, and I hope this doesn't ruffle feathers, but I think his choices as Glee Club leader were a bit off-putting. Come on, Ryan Murphy. We're always reminded of Tina being Asian and then you have Finn make her sing Gangnam Style, crawling around the floor by HERSELF, and acting like some exotic flirt? That was just ugh. She did a beautiful job with MJ last season and this is her spotlight? Frustrating. That was the only nitpick I had on the actual song. Additionally, Finn has time management issues if he didn't clue in Mike. He has room to grow, though, and he's more likeable when he's open to learning. Seeing the joy on Finn's face makes this journey worthwhile.

Kurt. Blaine doesn't deserve him, but Darren showed off good acting skills tonight.

I think I'm over Brody/Rachel. The break in eps made me lose interest, I believe. I was more interested in Rachel hanging out with SJP, Kurt, and the colorful party guests. Rachel also looked her best in the first scene. Her Makeover attire goes from good to whaaaaat? for me. And all these butt shots of Rachel and Quinn and Santana are getting on my nerves. Maybe I shouldn't be so shocked at Tina's cat behavior.

I prefer Jake/Marley. Ryder's adorable, but I think he could be used with other members just as well. Can you picture Kitty dating him? That would be hilarious. Plus him and Sam could make for a fun bromance. Same with Artie/Jake. Why can't we use the seniors the audience is attached to? Would it be so hard?

Will showing up was sweet. I'm questioning why Emma is even on the show anymore, though. Same with Sue.

My biggest surprise was how much I enjoyed the Warblers. I truly feel Blaine was holding them back. They've got SWAG now. They can dance, they harmonize nicely, and they could win.

Marley fainting was predictable, but I still felt bad for her. She's the one in most need of a mentor and why not Unique?

A solid ep. My gripes were small.

icon
Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Administrator

I really liked that Santana intuitively figured out that Kitty was pure evil and that she gave Marley laxatives. I hope this bulimia story is resolved soon.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

This episode left me ambivalent. There were some fine moments but overall the episode seemed clunky and the return of more charismatic characters highlighted the weaknesses of the new characters.

Sometimes the good was offset by the bad in the same sequence. Take Santana and Quinn's showdown. While Rivera and Agron read their lines perfectly one is left wondering why it is still felt there would be a need to assassinate the character of Quinn more. The pleasure from these two conversing is undermined by this knowledge.

The gang is reunited. While one could understand how it would be impactful for the characters, it is diluted for the audience. After all, with the exception of Quinn, the rest of the cast had made multiple appearances by this time. So the power of the opening moment is diminished.

Inexplicably, Brittany and Santana have no conversations and Sam and Mercedes have no conversations. Why exactly were there breakups again? Oh that's right

There was a canned quality to the unholy trinity's song. They looked right but the performances seemed uninspired. Same sort of goes for the opening song. Heck same goes for all the songs. The best performance in terms of fun turns out to be the gimmick number.

Jake, Marley and Ryder continue to be a big void. Since Marley has not been fleshed out as anything more than an archetype there is no concern for her. These sequences are utter fails.

Why even bother having Tina on the show. She finally gets to take the lead on a song and it is the flavor of the month joke. Shameful.

I liked the Blaine/Kurt convo. Needless to say Mercedes/Sam, Mike/Tina and Brittany/Santana don't get that. Heck did those couples even really exist.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

- Feels weird to watch Glee again, I guess I really haven’t watched since…what march, damn you Dianna.
- I’m glad to see that Quinn 2.0, Puck 2.0 and Rachel 2.0 are as boring as they look in the gifs on tumblr, I really haven't missed out by not watching this season.

- The first song was amazing, I kinda hate the original cast for still making feel stuff but it’s also shows how much the magic were lost when they all left. The scene itself was super cheesy tou but aww Quinntana waving and hugging <3 Also I hate this but it felt like nice and cute to see PQF together and like happy. Urgh I never noticed how short Mark is…

- The group scene at Breadstixs lol..didn’t Quinn give Rachel the tickets?
- “Unholy trinity” I wish their performance had had all of them singing instead of Quinn being the frontman but still, feeeeeeling, feeeeeeeeeeeelings

- My Quinntana-heart <3 Even tou I hated Quinn’s SL, I’m glad she shared her scenes with Santana and not Rachel as Ryan “promised”. It would be awful if she had been used as prop on top of this. At least she didn’t have an actual affair with her professor so yay? Also her hair is long, season 1 feels in all kind of ways. See this is why I don't hate when these two are fighting, because they both play it dirty. The other one isn't made to look bad so the other can look innocent. They get to be on the same level, Quinn with her Santana is jealous and Santana's comment about teen moms.

- But I guess Dianna flew back to France after half of the episode? She just went awol after the fight with Santana..lol that extra during the circle scene what even. Hadn't it been better if they just made up an excuse, they could even have used the Quinntana fight to explain why she wasn't there!

- Finn, huh he actually did not annoy me..that much.
- Awww Artie, I didn’t realize how much I missed your dissing little comments about the others but agreed with you.
- Santana my love, please go fetch Quinn and help her
- Mike - Handsome as always
- Tina - aww bb!gurl
- Puck – ZzzXzz

- Puck 2.0 – is just as interesting as his bro, lol at she’s different, she’s special. Heard that one before bro.
- Rachel 2.0 – Is that paint drying on the wall? That’s so cool!
- Quinn 2.0 – lol, you tried. The WWQFD did make me laugh.
- Finn 2.0 - …. what are you?
They are all so revolutionary and refreshing characters! And their relationships, how in the world did RIB come up with this?

- SJP - huh reminded me of why I can't watch SATC, the horror.
- That ending, I don’t know if I should laugh or cry, poor Tina , will she ever get to finish a solo for crying out loud? God Rachel2.0, let someone else have the spotlight.

Also really..no Brittana scene? ffs. I don't really ship them but if they can mention Klaine and Finchel even tough Blaine wasn't in the episode they could at least give them a 10 second scene. Also nice to see they are still treating PQ like they always did. I actually think shipping them and stanning Quinn could have been the worst mistake i ever did..dammit

Last edited by Caliina; 11-29-2012 at 11:24 PM
Old 11-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

I honestly hope the Rosedale Mennonites win Sectionals. The third non-Warblers, non-Vocal Adrenaline group is usually a joke but they were actually really good this time. I enjoyed their performance more than the Warblers or New Directions.

I want more Unique. She's the most interesting newbie to me right now.

I don't really like the Marley/eating disorder storyline. It's kind of ridiculous. It's also ridiculous that everyone noticed something wrong with her but no one did anything about it. Oh well.

The opening song was definitely the best. I also liked the Unholy Trinity song. I didn't like Let's Have a Kiki when I listened to it at first but it was actually very fun on the show.

It definitely wasn't my favorite Sectionals episode but it was entertaining at least.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So good to have Quinn back
Wouldn't mind having Quintana be a healthy friendship but I love how they're not afraid to state exactly how they feel...love it.

Brody and Rachel's dispute was handled pretty maturely...more than Finn-Rachel ever managed.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Brody and Rachel's dispute was handled pretty maturely...more than Finn-Rachel ever managed.
Agreed. I was shocked with how well Rachel took and understood that whole conversation with Brody. They weren't close to dating or exclusive, she chose Finn, she had no claim to Brody whatsoever.

That definitely showed some character growth from Rachel. S1 Rachel would have freaked out and taken a lot longer to forgive him. She's definitely grown up and that scene proved it.