Credit to tiny toon

Rewatch Like A Virgin

Credit to Leneoth

Run Joey Run

Credit to Leneoth

Total Eclipse of The Heart

Previous
1. "Hello? Is it me you're looking for?"
2. "The guy who's nuts about you. The guy who would never hurt you." WE WANT TO BELIEVE YOU, JESSE!
3. Because WE heard the word of their bodies
4. "I've been alone with you inside my mind & in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times"
5. Because Jesse joined New Directions to be with Rachel
6. "Because when you love something, you got to go for it." GO FOR IT, RACHEL!
7. Care Bears, Wiggles, make-outs, and spinning? Can you say EPIC?
8. Don't mess with Hamburger & Cupcake. They're Jay Z and Beyonce of Glee
9. Because they're heartbreakers. Jesse got jealous & Rachel was falling in love
10. Because "[...] I still care about him deeply, and I know he still feels the same way about me."
11. "Rachel met her match in Jesse." -Lea Michele
Future Thread Titles
Because they both deserve an epic romance
"Epic" doesn't even BEGIN to cover it.
Talk about, sing about it... doesn't matter as long as they're doing it!
B/C Rachel is Jesse's girl

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 06-01-2010 at 08:31 PM
Old 06-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening!
ღ sherri. | l. michele. | icon.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!!

Ok I just posted this in the other thread but didn't realize the new one opened so I'll post it again here:

~~~

This episode was 150% OOC for Jesse. I can't even begin to stress that enough.

I've been sitting here letting this digest and staying away from sharp objects and several thoughts have been coming to mind.

Granted, this was pretty bad. Like, very bad. And it hurts my heart to even think that and it still hurts. But showing Jesse's reaction to every egg that hit Rachel means something. Showing the beginning of the episode with the recap of him saying he likes her MEANS SOMETHING. Recaps always mean something and are put there for a reason. He didn't want to do it and regretted every second of it.

But sadly, this is a show about kids in high school and peer pressure. I'm in no way going to give Jesse a free pass as I think an apology is definitely in order, but I can see his dilemma too. I feel like the egging was orchestrated as pay back for the tire-slashing (which was a bit more extreme than throwing toilet paper in a room) and they used the only in that they knew they had. Jesse. When 25 of your teammates are pressuring you and your trying to be accepted back and put on an act to show you are truly one of them, things can get a bit out of hand and that's exactly what happened.

Every character on this show has its flaws, that goes without saying. But I feel like Jesse won't be given any type of benefit of the doubt simply because he's on the opposing team. Well, I refuse to think that way. I've never jumped 'ship in my life and I'm not about to start now. Do I think St. Berry have a chance this season? Hell no. But if they bring back Jonathan and do it RIGHT next season, I can find redemption and hope in that. Let's just hope that people can actually remember that there's a bigger picture here. Jesse has actually been pulled and pushed in every different direction from the moment he's been on the show. I feel like the only time he's been true to himself was when he was with Rachel.

Sorry for my long post...I just have a lot to get out at the moment...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

I saw a lot of the comments in the last thread and maybe I'm being too Pollyanna about this but I'm not as devastated as some people seem to be. If Rachel wasn't supposed to put two-and-two together in Theatricality when it came to the Jesse/Shelby connection and the fact that he's the reason she found out who her mother is then I'm hoping the realization comes at Regionals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricHearts (View Post)
I thought he was putting on an act for va but now not sure
Everything Jesse said didn't go with what actually happened with ND/Rachel. He went back to VA like originally planned and seemed to come up with reasons for doing so, all of which were flimsy and he knew it just by the look on his face multiple times.

The egging made me think of the episode where Finn was trying to fit back in with the football team and in order for them to accept him he had to slushie Kurt. And Kurt told him to do it. I didn't get the feeling that Jesse wanted to do the egging in the first place or that he wanted to egg Rachel at all.

I can't help but hope that they'll resolve this in the season finale since there were just so many continuity holes. Is it too much to hope for Jesse to try to apologize to Rachel and explain himself a bit? And the main reason I want ND to win Regionals is a very selfish one - I want the school year to continue so the possiblity of a Jesse return is more likely.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 06-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrittnoel21x (View Post)
But I feel like Jesse won't be given any type of benefit of the doubt simply because he's on the opposing team.
This makes me really sad, because I love Jesse and I know after this episode a lot of viewers (lets face it, Jesse wasn't exactly loved--his motives were always suspicious in the eyes of casual viewers) are going to hate his character now. And that makes me so sad, because it's not Jesse's fault (I know how silly that sounds).

Stupid writers.

OH! ALSO! TFTNT!

J||R B||L D||B
Old 06-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT you guys are making me feel depressed and I haven't watched the episode yet... now I don't want to

Caro
Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Obviously Jesse is just putting on an act to be part of his group. He is going to realize they are jerks and he is better than them.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

I hope they will resolve this in the finale but I'm not hoping for much. It would be great if they ended on good terms.

Quote:
Obviously Jesse is just putting on an act to be part of his group. He is going to realize they are jerks and he is better than them.
Damn peer pressure.

I'm going to bed. It's 5:30 am here. Night!

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But showing Jesse's reaction to every egg that hit Rachel means something. Showing the beginning of the episode with the recap of him saying he likes her MEANS SOMETHING. Recaps always mean something and are put there for a reason. He didn't want to do it and regretted every second of it.
ITA with this. There was so much more to it than just Jesse being cruel.

Quote:
But sadly, this is a show about kids in high school and peer pressure. I'm in no way going to give Jesse a free pass as I think an apology is definitely in order, but I can see his dilemma too.
I'm glad someone else saw the egging the way that I did. It doesn't make the egging okay, but I could at least see the motivations behind it and his reluctance at doing it in the end.

Quote:
I've never jumped 'ship in my life and I'm not about to start now. Do I think St. Berry have a chance this season? Hell no. But if they bring back Jonathan and do it RIGHT next season, I can find redemption and hope in that.
THIS. So effing much. I'll either go down with my ship as it sinks or sail off into the sunset in the end. There's only one true offense that can make me stop shipping a couple and since that's not going to happen on Glee then I'm fairly certain that my two Glee ships, JR and PR, are both safe.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree with xbrittnoel21x and JRBudgrl8. As much as I think it was just plain cruel, specially in the light of Rachel's happiness before it, this is a show with characters that are major flawled. Puck beat the crap of students/slushied kids, even if Finn didn't do it... he was well aware of the fact the football team did bully kids. It hurts because it's Rachel and we love her, but it's not like he did that in cold blood. There was guilt. People will overlook because there is a sense of black/white inside fandoms, specially when one has an agenda and ulterior reasons to hate a character. Right now, they're really doomed. Maybe their relationship (Romantic or not) will be fixed this season, maybe it won't. But only God knows what will happen in the future. I saw hated characters (Which is not his case... Well, it is right now) turned into loved ones and I see really ugly situations being reversed.

The fact Groff is insanely popular even in when people consider him evil is telling. He is kind of like the Chuck Bass of Glee, or the Logan Echols (A title that it can be applied at times to Puck) and maybe if Groff sticks, this can be explored. Or forgoten. The audience is really flicke.

So, don't panic. It's only over when the fat lady sings (Altho I am not sure if this is the right expression LOL).
J&R M&L
Old 06-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
TFTNT!!

Ok I just posted this in the other thread but didn't realize the new one opened so I'll post it again here:

~~~

This episode was 150% OOC for Jesse. I can't even begin to stress that enough.

I've been sitting here letting this digest and staying away from sharp objects and several thoughts have been coming to mind.

Granted, this was pretty bad. Like, very bad. And it hurts my heart to even think that and it still hurts. But showing Jesse's reaction to every egg that hit Rachel means something. Showing the beginning of the episode with the recap of him saying he likes her MEANS SOMETHING. Recaps always mean something and are put there for a reason. He didn't want to do it and regretted every second of it.

But sadly, this is a show about kids in high school and peer pressure. I'm in no way going to give Jesse a free pass as I think an apology is definitely in order, but I can see his dilemma too. I feel like the egging was orchestrated as pay back for the tire-slashing (which was a bit more extreme than throwing toilet paper in a room) and they used the only in that they knew they had. Jesse. When 25 of your teammates are pressuring you and your trying to be accepted back and put on an act to show you are truly one of them, things can get a bit out of hand and that's exactly what happened.

Every character on this show has its flaws, that goes without saying. But I feel like Jesse won't be given any type of benefit of the doubt simply because he's on the opposing team. Well, I refuse to think that way. I've never jumped 'ship in my life and I'm not about to start now. Do I think St. Berry have a chance this season? Hell no. But if they bring back Jonathan and do it RIGHT next season, I can find redemption and hope in that. Let's just hope that people can actually remember that there's a bigger picture here. Jesse has actually been pulled and pushed in every different direction from the moment he's been on the show. I feel like the only time he's been true to himself was when he was with Rachel.

Sorry for my long post...I just have a lot to get out at the moment...
Britt, I agree with your post so hard. I'd put in some input but you took the words right out of my mouth.
ღ sherri. | l. michele. | icon.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Mamba23 (View Post)

The fact Groff is insanely popular even in when people consider him evil is telling. He is kind of like the Chuck Bass of Glee, or the Logan Echols (A title that it can be applied at times to Puck) and maybe if Groff sticks, this can be explored. Or forgoten. The audience is really flicke.

So, don't panic. It's only over when the fat lady sings (Altho I am not sure if this is the right expression
LOL).
Totally! Its not over... Ryan Murphy said that he would love to have Groff come back so its definitly not the end of St. Berry! At least I hope so.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Maybe their relationship (Romantic or not) will be fixed this season, maybe it won't. But only God knows what will happen in the future. I saw hated characters (Which is not his case... Well, it is right now) turned into loved ones and I see really ugly situations being reversed.
I agree. Jesse hasn't committed the only unforgivable sin that a character can commit for me, so he is not irredeemable in my eyes. All I need is for Jesse to tell Rachel that he's sorry and be honest with her and I'd be fine with their relationship being explored.

Quote:
The fact Groff is insanely popular even in when people consider him evil is telling. He is kind of like the Chuck Bass of Glee, or the Logan Echols (A title that it can be applied at times to Puck) and maybe if Groff sticks, this can be explored.
I can see that. I'm not gonna lie. Tonight's episode didn't make me love Jesse any less. He's actually my favorite character on Glee which is unfortunate for me since he's only a guest star. I'm still hoping that changes over the summer.

Quote:
So, don't panic. It's only over when the fat lady sings (Altho I am not sure if this is the right expression LOL).
And yes, that expression applies perfectly in this situation.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Supreme Fan

I St. Berry AND Puckleberry in one eppie! I totally get the parallel between Kurt and the slushie and Rachel and the egg.. He said that he loved her damn it!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Loyal Fan

To add to everything, I think when you're outside the fandom you get to hate Vocal Adrenaline as a group rather than just Jesse and there are people that understands the pressure he was suffering (And understand that Jesse didn't really want that). Evidence by the EW link where people talked about the episode (I didn't read anything beyond page one because I am trying to study. LOL, I know! I am here taking notes in between posts). The reviewers are even more likely to understand, even if they will call this plot inconsistency (I don't blame them) because they will be oriented by Groff's acting rather than just see things black and white (At least Groff is very good and even if we hate this... he showed regret that it was noticeable).

Things like this Glee – “Funk” Cultural Learnings gives me hope there are sensible people out there.

I don't know, at this point I don't fight for a OTP status, but maybe a future friendship?

Oh and another thing, as much as I hate this situation (And I don't excuse Jesse) he is pretty much paint as the lead of Vocal Adrenaline. Like Rachel is in a way and it was something she was willing to sacrifice her relationship for (The Power of Madonna is a reference). Meaning when he got back, he was probably questioned about his feelings for Rachel (Since he used it as an excuse to transfer), so the fact the target Rachel and Jesse had to egg her as well IMO it was more than just getting back to New Directions. It was a necessary proof to know he was all in and he didn't linger feelings for her. It could also explain the use of love in past tense. But this is maybe a wishful thinking? and maybe it would be a better argument if they didn't switch the episodes.

ETA... Edited due a major spell fail.
J&R M&L

Last edited by Black_Mamba23; 06-01-2010 at 10:06 PM