Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Special Education (2x09) - Episode Discussion

Special Education (2x09) - Episode Discussion;
GLEE "Special Education" Season 2 episode 9 - New Directions heads to the big Sectionals competition to go head-to-head against the Warblers and the Hipsters. While trouble brews between some of the young couples, Emma and Carl (guest star Stamos) grow closer in the all-new “Special Education” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, Nov. 30 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Heather Morris as Brittany S. Pierce; Mike O’Malley as Burt Hummel

Guest Cast: Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Max Adler as Karofsky; Darren Criss as Blaine; James Earl as Azimio; John Stamos as Dr. Carl.

Nikki||Cory Monteith||Icon by bluefire311 (lj)
Old 11-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread Nikki Is that Emma in the promo?!
Old 11-29-2010, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Nikki! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Elite Fan

Okay so, now that FF is somewhat back up here are my thoughts.

The songs were literally the only thing I liked in this episode (besides Darren and Mark getting screentime). Each performance was good. But my poor ships! Will/Emma, Finn/Rachel, Puck/Quinn, Santana/Brittany – why are they not together? What is happening to this world?!

Oh and I’ve been on Rachel’s side all season. Way to slap me in the face. Cheating on Finn with Puck is Quinn’s thing, and it works for her because she’s a bitch. Rachel’s not a bitch, or well, she’s not supposed to be. FAIL. Props to Puck for stopping it though.

What Finn did was so long ago, it meant nothing to him, Rachel was with Jesse and he was single. Cheating with Puck out of revenge is just low. And then thinking Finn wouldn’t break up with her? Seriously Rachel? Really?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerelyღ (View Post)
Okay so, now that FF is somewhat back up here are my thoughts.

The songs were literally the only thing I liked in this episode (besides Darren and Mark getting screentime). Each performance was good. But my poor ships! Will/Emma, Finn/Rachel, Puck/Quinn, Santana/Brittany – why are they not together? What is happening to this world?!

Oh and I’ve been on Rachel’s side all season. Way to slap me in the face. Cheating on Finn with Puck is Quinn’s thing, and it works for her because she’s a bitch. Rachel’s not a bitch, or well, she’s not supposed to be. FAIL. Props to Puck for stopping it though.

What Finn did was so long ago, it meant nothing to him, Rachel was with Jesse and he was single. Cheating with Puck out of revenge is just low. And then thinking Finn wouldn’t break up with her? Seriously Rachel? Really?
everything you said. I'm Team Finn on this one, can't believe Rachel did what she did, and she's my favourite character, but honestly cheating on Finn was so not cool. I'm too heartbroken to say anything else
Old 12-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I....don't even know what to say, really. Emma is married....what's that even supposed to mean, everytime she's scared of having or not having Will in her life she goes and gets married, what the eff writers?? I mean, she's my favorite character on the show, Jayma is such a wonderful, talented actress who could do so much more, now they barely use her on the show and when they do it's like this, it ALWAYS has to be about men, WHY?? Tonight we got some seconds of F/R going to her office, why don't we see that more often, all of those kids have issues anyway, so would it be so hard to write a scene of them getting some help every now and then? It would give the character a reason to exist and remain on the show, would maker her interesting for who she is instead of whether or not she's gonna be with somebody, would help with the development of the other characters as well as the counseling is about them, it would be good for everyone, so why not, why??
Old 12-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Supreme Fan

Best episode of the season!!

I really love Artie and Brittney. They are perfect for each other. And of course Brit was hilarious in this episode with the whole magic comb. Also Puck was HILARIOUS in this episode. Especially when he was trapped and him going Lauren rocked his world. I love Puck more and more.

I like Emma and Carl so I'm happy to see them marry but boy was that quick lol. Will has been on my last nerves for awhile now.

Sam and Quinn are more adorable every episode. I really like TOML. It sounded betetr on tv. I love happy Quinn and Sam brings that out of her.

Puckleberry!!!! I was shocked and happy with their scenes. From them walking down the hall to the steroid joke to him being the ONLY one defending her to Santana and THE MAKEOUT! I'm happy Puck stopped though. It proved he has changed and is growing.

I ship Puckleberry harder than ever now. And I gotta take Rachel's side on this cause after F/R fight I assumed they were on a break. Its kinda like the whole Ross and Rachel thing lol. And I was on Ross's side with that as well.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Worst episode ever.
Only good thing were the numbers and performances and SQ being cute.

All the OOCness of Rachel, I can't rn.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Old 12-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

No Rachel, no! As bad as I felt for Finn, I just hate that was how Rachel chose to seek revenge for Finn lying to Rachel about Santana and him having sex. And P.S., I hate how Finn was grinning at Santana in the hallway, after the secret came out. That wasn't cool.

Rachel/Kurt, one of the few/only things that made sense in this episode. Just saying. Loved there banter and that she helped him out. It was nice.

Emma, like - is this Emma? - or was she replaced or trapped in an alternate dimension - oh wait, that's Olivia on Fringe. But still, poor Jayma, Ryan&Co. totally gave up on writing her character. Completely absurd.

Fun to see the less-bright-stars shine tonight. Quinn/Sam did a "good" job w/ the solos, but come on, Rachel/Finn schooled them at Regionals. Mike/Brittany dancing, was fun. But Mike - always dances. But they did fantastic, truly.

The "magic comb" story was amusing. Best line: "you let me comb my hair with it" - Oh, Brittany!

As ecstatic as I was to see any prospect of Rachel/Puck, that was just not what and how I wanted to see that, at all. A shame. Such a waste.

Andrea as the new Glee/ND member, ok, I'm for it.

I think Finn's reasoning "we were broken up" was as weaksauce as Ross' "we were on a break" - sorry, not good enough. What if Rachel had sex with him, and then found out, I mean, she needs to know "where he's been" - and especially w/ "someone" like Santana. For real.

Will's attitude, bordered from I understood the anger to I couldn't stand his constant lashing out at them.

Of course the Warblers and Mckinley tied. Of course. BIGGEST CLICHE on TV. If the Warbler's didn't have Blaine, I would've rooted against them. Man, you'd think with Blaine heading the Warbler's, that Kurt would've gotten that solo.

OMG, "The Living Years" was fantastic. I loved that.

I am still not sold on S/Q I'm waiting for the punchline.

kenny | credit
Old 12-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Rachel was so OOC, she would never cheat on anyone. I just don't understand why the writers had to assassinate her character for this storyline. All my friends IRL even hate her more now >.< and I can't defend her like I used to and she's my favourite character.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

Unless this season is about "grounding" Rachel, which I can see... I just think it was in bad taste to have her cheat. I know it's an easy writing ploy, an easy problem to add to create a break up, but the writers need to realize that a character can go through a journey like the one she's going through, without having to do things outside of her moral compass. I think her making out with Puck, and just, it didn't feel organic, it felt written. And a slide to the whole F/Q thing, which was annoying.

kenny | credit
Old 12-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Emma, like - is this Emma? - or was she replaced or trapped in an alternate dimension - oh wait, that's Olivia on Fringe.
Ohhhhhh it all makes sense now, it's Alt!Emma, explains the hair change as well, please come back with the real Olivia this Thursday ok Emma?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Elite Fan

And to think, we never thought to think it was a Glee/Fringe crossover. Now it makes sense why Emma has been acting this way all season. Phew. Otherwise, IMO just terrible, lazy writing for an honestly interesting character. They could've done more with Carl adjusting to her disorder, or if Carl had the same disorder. I just feel like, they simply, gave up. Plain and simple.

kenny | credit
Old 12-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveralways21 (View Post)
Rachel was so OOC, she would never cheat on anyone. I just don't understand why the writers had to assassinate her character for this storyline. All my friends IRL even hate her more now >.< and I can't defend her like I used to and she's my favourite character.
My friends are the same way lol. Most hate Rachel. I'm always the only one defending her. Its hard too cause I understand where they are coming from but they hate on her so much this season.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And to think, we never thought to think it was a Glee/Fringe crossover. Now it makes sense why Emma has been acting this way all season. Phew. Otherwise, IMO just terrible, lazy writing for an honestly interesting character. They could've done more with Carl adjusting to her disorder, or if Carl had the same disorder. I just feel like, they simply, gave up. Plain and simple
Exactly How I wish it was a crossover