Sadie Hawkins (4x11) - Episode Discussion

Sadie Hawkins
4x11 - episode discussion
[B][CENTER]Air Date: Thursday, January 24, 2013
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on FOX
Episode Title: (GLE-411) “Sadie Hawkins”

THURSDAY, JANUARY 24

—“GLEE” - (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

FEMALE EMPOWERMENT RULES THE SCHOOL ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” THURSDAY, JANUARY 24 ON FOX

The girls of the glee club organize a Sadie Hawkins dance at McKinley High, in which the girls ask out their dates, leading to interesting couplings among the members of New Directions. Meanwhile, Sam is convinced that the Warblers cheated at Sectionals, and he makes it his mission to find the evidence. Also, Kurt attempts to find his niche at NYADA in the all-new “Sadie Hawkins” episode of GLEE airing Thursday, Jan. 24 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-411) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Heather Morris as Brittany; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; and Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury.

Guest Cast: Dot Jones as Coach Beiste; Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta; Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson: Samuel Larsen as Joe Hart; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Dean Geyer as Brody Weston; Becca Tobin as Kitty; Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins; Alex Newell as Wade Adams; Damian McGinty as Rory Flanagan; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes; and Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn.

Based on previous heated debates, we (moderators) have decided to list some guidelines and rules that need to be followed on all episode discussions here.
1. Do not bash any of the cast members or writers. Discussion should be about characters. Substituting an actors name for a character when discussing the character is not okay. They're not the same person. Respectfully critiquing someone's performance or a writer's contribution is fine, however, bashing and being rude about them is not. Offensive nicknames for the writers and cast-members are also not to be used here. This is against Fan Forum policy and is an insult to real people.

2. Feel free to visit the general discussion threads or the previous episode discussion threads here to continue talking about episodes that have already aired.

3. Be respectful to each other, moderators, and to every fandom despite your personal beliefs. Previous episode discussions presented us with problems and we'd like to prevent this from happening. We encourage a good debate, but let's keep it respectful. Personal attacks are not needed, nor allowed here. Targeting another poster on who they support or why their argument is invalid is also unnecessary. Please refer back to Fan Forum's rules regarding this. No matter who you support or ship, we are all fans and people, too.

4. This is a Glee Appreciation board. And as such, it is great to critique, debate and interact respectfully with the fans. But we cannot emphasize enough that calling the show, its cast and crew, etc. 'racist', 'homophobic' or 'sexist' is extremely offensive and will not be tolerated. This board isn't the place for these remarks. Please take it off site or keep it to yourself.
Thank you, everyone!

Happy Hunger Games Glee Discussion!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

THANKS BB!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Passionate Fan

tftnt I don't know if I will like seeing Kurt with adam

I should have spray tanned that's the first thing i realize - NPH on Cleb beach Bowl
Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i thought the episode was pretty good.

rachel was awful though. like who was that?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Better episode of the season. Liked Blaine's crush on Sam. Didn't care too much about Adam. Also hate the Warblers cheating scandal. Neither Hunter nor Sebastian seemed like they would do that this season, and it ruins their image.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

This ep was NOT worth waiting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in a daydream (View Post)
\ rachel was awful though. like who was that?
Rachel was a little brat this episode. First, for judging the Adam's Apples like she was Regina George. Then, for jumping down Brody's neck and then asking him to move in the same night. I was like shut up, ya moody snob.

If this show didn't give me reasons to already be annoyed by Blaine, he breaks Tina's heart and is crushing on Sam who's unavailable for two reasons (he's straight and with Brittany). And he needs to stay away from the TLC songbook because only Artie (and surprisingly Ryder) can pull it off. I can't stand the way this dude creates these moody little melodramas out of thin air.

I can't be mad at Tina for crushing on Blaine, because I was seriously crushing on Adam. That's one yummy Brit. Hello there, governor! Kurt needs to move on and that's a mighty nice-looking man to help him figure things out.

Jarley was cute. Are they still trying to drag poor Ryder into this? He's got a few single options, including Kitty who's so lonely and desperate she'll sleep with Quinn's leftovers. The thing was they did have chemistry but Puck's way too old for this.

Of course the Warblers cheated. Don't care. I only liked the guy that came forward. Can we swap him for Blaine?

Nice to see Lauren again, but why no interaction with Puck? That would've been interesting.

I thought Artie/Sugar were already dating? The writers fell asleep during one of their episodes again.

All the musical numbers were pretty good. Nothing amazing, though. I don't get why Marley was dancing well in "Tell Him" and the last song, but when she's alone with Jake, she's pretty gawky. It was sorta cute.

Okay episode. Not in a hurry to rewatch.

icon
Old 01-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Rachel was a little brat this episode. First, for judging the Adam's Apples like she was Regina George. Then, for jumping down Brody's neck and then asking him to move in the same night. I was like shut up, ya moody snob.
yeah that Adam's Apples thing really made me mad when she was talking to Kurt. Does she remember the three years she spent in Glee club or...... ?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Yep, and she's an underdog in Cassandra's class to boot. I hope winning that showcase award didn't go to her pretty head.

Also, I feel like they downgraded Sugar's popularity. She's always been very empowered and when she threw her V-Day party, she came across as very popular. I didn't get her being in the bitter club at all.

icon
Old 01-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yep, and she's an underdog in Cassandra's class to boot. I hope winning that showcase award didn't go to her pretty head.
hopefully she gets snapped outta this real quick

also i love how Rachel the vegan made turkey burgers.

Quote:
Jarley was cute. Are they still trying to drag poor Ryder into this? He's got a few single options, including Kitty who's so lonely and desperate she'll sleep with Quinn's leftovers. The thing was they did have chemistry but Puck's way too old for this.
they were cute! and I guess Ryder's SL with Marley is done. they just dropped that I guess

Quote:
Also, I feel like they downgraded Sugar's popularity. She's always been very empowered and when she threw her V-Day party, she came across as very popular. I didn't get her being in the bitter club at all.
i need to rewatch that bitter club scene i didn't understand it
Old 01-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

That was a going through the motions episode if ever there was one. It was nice to see Tina get a full solo. On the other hand, what a tough song to be given. In the context of Jesus Christ Superstar it is profoundly moving. In the context of crushing on Blaine it feels overdone. That said it wasn't unwatchable.

I am unclear about the use of Sugar. The show seems to have completely lost track of the character. Becca is also not being served well. Neither is Puck. It is unclear why Puck is receiving focus at all.

Jake and Marley is really, really being hurt by having no chemistry. The acting continues to be problematic. Jacob Artist just does not have the magnetism at this point in his career to be a romantic lead. His presence is solely looks and looks alone make for zilch interest. The best that can be said is that he is not as problematic as Blake Jenner.

The Tell Him number was pretty bad. Have never been a fan of those insipid lyrics.

As far as Blaine crushing on Sam, this would possibly work as compelling if Sam was such a who cares presence. The steroids subplot is ludicrous.

Rachel and Brody just have no chemistry. Even worse is Sam and Brittany. Their moments come across as uncomfortable to watch. They come across as repulsive together. Are the show's creators that oblivious they don't get that?

The show has a 2nd half of the season to get it together. It really needs to focus and turn it around pronto.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Becca is also not being served well. Neither is Puck. It is unclear why Puck is receiving focus at all.
Yep i don't get why Puck is is receiving focus. It seems like they writers just wanted originals around more.

and it's a shame they're not using Becca more. I think she's really talented.

Quote:
Rachel and Brody just have no chemistry.
no, they most certainly do not.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

Just started watching this episode....

As if Tinas crush on Blaine couldnt be ridiculous enough, we get Adams Apples with Baby Got back.........................

And how is Sugar back in the club but the glee club is going to be hurting financially? I am guessing she will be missing that episode.

I also think that jake/Marley could potentially be more annoying than Finchel.

What did they do to Zizes? What happened to the girl who went after what she wanted? And why wouldnt Sugar ask Artie? So tired of them not developing those two.

This whole Warblers using enhancers is just lame in every way possible. They won because they deserved to win and ND didnt finish. Shouldve just went with the rumored VA getting found out about holding students back so they can perform.

Rachels head getting bigger and bigger shouldve been used to have Santana/Quinn come next week and deflate it by putting her back in her place.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the episode

The episode wouldve been good if we didnt have Tina crushing on Blaine, Rachel is full diva mode, Adams Apple singing an actual song, Zizes actually used for more than 2 seconds, Sam finding an actual reason to get the glee club back into regionals, the writers not looking back at past episodes and deciding what storyline they should reuse.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-25-2013 at 12:55 AM
Old 01-25-2013, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

This episode was such a hot mess, I don't even know where to begin.

Tina's whole thing with Blaine was stupid and made no sense. I get the crushing, it's natural and it happens. However, she's getting angry and upset with him for no reason. Blaine has a very good reason not to be into Tina... She's a girl. I mean why did they dumb Tina down and make her think this will actually happen in the end? It's so embarrassing and just a stupid way to use Tina's character.

The whole Marley/Jake thing is blah, but whatever.

Puck/Kitty is cute at times but than I remember she's like 15 and it's super gross and creepy all of a sudden. Her having a fake ID was kind of gross reason for Puck being cool with it after saying she was underage,

I am rolling my eyes into the back of my head that a song about women empowerment went to the boys. God forbid they give the girls that number. That would be silly.

Even if Warbler's and Armstronging it up, that's no reason for New Directions to place. If anything another team who lost but finished should actually place. Both broke rules. Though at least they didn't cheat in a bike race. That whole thing was just stupid.

Am I really supposed to believe that Sugar would be in a bitter no more club and wouldn't ask a guy to the dance?

I do like Brody/Rachel, because in my mind ANYTHING is better than Finn/Rachel, but moving in? That's awfully fast.

The Kurt storyline was actually enjoyable and I think Adam is cute, I just hated his cover of Baby Got Back, does every song have to be slowed down/ That was odd, but still Adam and Kurt and cute and all for Kurt getting some action.

Overall this episode was just a hot ass mess.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 01-25-2013, 02:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

If we believe that Puck never failed, he would only be about 2 at most 3 years older than Kitty which makes it a tiny bit better and not as creepy.

Though it looks like this entire season is about hooking up with people older than you. Kitty with Puck, Rachel with Brody, Kurt with Adam, Quinn with her professor, Brody with Cassandra, Sam with Britt (sure only about a year difference but she is still older).