Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"Pilot" and "Director Cut's" Discussion Thread - Being a part of something special.

GLEE PILOT EPISODE
episode: 1x01 | aired on: May 19th, 2009 / re-air: Sept 2nd, 2009

EPISODE DESCRIPTION
Will Schuester an optimistic high school teacher, tries to reinvent the McKinley High School's glee club,
while reinventing himself. He challenges a group of outcasts to realize their true star potential,
while facing harsh criticism from everyone in the school.

More stills here on the Glee FB page.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by Lexipedia; 09-01-2009 at 06:54 AM
Old 07-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Figured we could start with a few questions to get convo started:

1. What did you expect from the Pilot?
2. Did it meet your expections or not?? Why?
3. Fave scene/s?
4. Fave character/s?
5. What are you hoping from ep 2??

ETA: Feel free to share pics, info, quotes...to get the convo going.

icon by jess
Old 07-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

should this be topped? i think this should be topped. lol.

1. What did you expect from the Pilot? for real, lots and lots of singing.
2. Did it meet your expections or not?? Why? it went beeeeyooond.
3. Fave scene/s? all of it. lol.
4. Fave character/s? all of them. yes, terri was funny, too. in the beginning.
5. What are you hoping from ep 2?? just to keep continuing on with the awesomeness. i can't wait until they sing more songs.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

I expected a lot of singing and dancing. I didn't have super high expectations going in, but I also saw the commercials when I was watching American Idol and loved singing along with them so I decided to give it a chance.

2. Did it meet your expections or not?? Why?
It totally surpassed my expectations! I really loved it, and I've watched it a ton of time since it's aired. I loved that even though there was a lot of singing and dancing there was more than that.

3. Fave scene/s?
I really liked the Rehab song and dance. I liked the scene between Will and Finn when he was blackmailing him into joining the glee club. There was also one scene in the extended pilot that I loved between Emma and the Coach guy where he was asking her out on a date and she was telling him she wasn't interested.

Fave Characters
I love Kurt. He's just so fierce and amazing. I like Rachel also, she can be annoying at times but I really do like her quirkiness. And Finn is just hilarious.

I'm not hoping for anything specific, I just hope it just as amazing as this episode was.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

1. What did you expect from the Pilot? I thought it was going to be almost TOO campy. like here is the problem of the week and lets sing a song and everything will be ok.
2. Did it meet your expections or not?? Why?It went WAY past my expectations. Its the total opposite of what i thought it was going to be.
3. Fave scene/s? "Don't Stop Believing" song, and "You're the one that i want" scene. I love its all but those really stood out for me.
4. Fave character/s? I love them all (even the evil ones) but Rachel is my fave! I just think she is hilarious, plus i love Lea!
5. What are you hoping from ep 2?? More amazing music, of course. a good mix of comedy and drama, And some Rachel/Finn lovein!!

Last edited by Squeegee Beckeinhiem; 07-02-2009 at 09:03 PM
Old 07-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the more Rachel/Finn. I seriously want more of that too!!

I loved all of Rachel/Lea's scenes. I love Rachel and I really wish I was that young again to even try to be her.

I also love Terri. She drives me crazy as Will's wife, but her scenes were funny.

Also, love DSB as i'm sure everyone else will too.

Topped does make sense. I'll pm a mod and ask them.

icon by jess
Old 07-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1. What did you expect from the Pilot? I expected good things from the pilot. I love cheesy musicals, so I knew it wouldn't bother me if it was over the top.
2. Did it meet your expections or not?? Why? It exceeded my expectations. I didn't think it'd be so funny.
3. Fave scene/s? My fave scenes would have to be the auditions and the "Don't Stop Believing" scene.
4. Fave character/s? Will, Emma, Rachel, Kurt
5. What are you hoping from ep 2?? I'm hoping for funny moments and good music. Almost anything will please me
Old 07-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Total Fan

1. What did you expect from the Pilot? Nothing... I'd heard ppl talking about it so I watched it, i didnt even know what it was about!
2. Did it meet your expections or not?? Why? HELL YEAH and blew them away! I LOVED it, I'm a bit of a musical theatre geek, so I loved it!
3. Fave scene/s? The "You're the one that I want" one and the way Finn looks so startled at Rachel's actions
4. Fave character/s? probably Finn and Rachel, I love Kurt too, he's awesome!
5. What are you hoping from ep 2?? More Finn and Rachel moments? more amazing songs and just general awesomeness!
icon
Old 07-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

I have to admit, I expected something like High School Musical when I first heard about the show. I wasn't sure how everything was gonna be pulled off, but I figured it'd be something along those lines. I'm soooo glad it's not though. Makes so much more sense for the kids to be singing during their Glee time, rather than during every single random time.

I also flipping loved the other high school's rendition of 'Rehab'. It was just a great production with great singing and choreography. Loved how everyone was perfectly synchronized. And of course everyone's reaction afterward was priceless.

So far my favorite characters are Will and Emma. I love that Will's trying to recapture the joys of his youth and steering the kids into the right direction. And Emma is just too cute with her OCD and her crush.

I want this show to continue just the way it was from the first episode, but maybe with the storylines slowed down a bit. The pilot seemed to rush through a lot, but I'm guessing that was just to try to reel in and retain more viewers.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1. What did you expect from the Pilot?: Singing, Dancing, Humor.
2. Did it meet your expections or not?? Why? It did and then some. There was a lot more humor than I expected.
3. Fave scene/s? ALL! Everything fit so amazing.
4. Fave character/s? Will, Emma, Finn, Rachel and Kurt
5. What are you hoping from ep 2?? Just keep it going! And I expect to love it more.

beth ||tumblr || icon|| rip chadwick boseman
Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

What did you expect from the Pilot? Same about as for BabyJ I expected it to be like High School Musical or at least similar. I was looking forward to lots of singing and dancing...

Did it meet your expections or not?? Why? I have to admit that it didn't meet my expectations 100%... IMO it was a bit drawn-out in the middle of the episode. But I nevertheless love the series and I think it's difficult to give the audience that much infomation in one episode.

Fave scene/s? Definitely the last one when all of them where dancing and singing. Loved it!

Fave character/s? I so love Finn because he's a really great character... I'm still not sure what to think about Rachel because she besides of her lovely side he's a really annoying one as well. And I'm a big big fan of Will and Emma.

What are you hoping from ep 2?? Lots of singing and dancing and of course emotions over emotions.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

1. What did you expect from the Pilot? To be as good as it was shown in the promo, and even more, with singing, dancing and hilarious moments.
2. Did it meet your expections or not?? Why? Yes. It was such a great, funny, unique show.
3. Fave scene/s? Loved the whole episode, but I rewatched "Don't stop believing" & "Rehab" performance a lot.
4. Fave character/s? Love them all.
5. What are you hoping from ep 2?? To be as good as the pilot, and some Rachel/Finn scenes.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 07-02-2009, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

singing and dancing? lol. honestly i didn't have a lot of expectations i just hoped it was going to be fun and enjoyable to watch without a brainf*** like a lot of my favorite shows
2. Did it meet your expectations or not?? Why?
it definitely met them and went a billion light years past them! it was very enjoyable to just sit back and watch without trying to think of twists or logic or anything like that! it was a nice change from my normal shows!
3. Fave scene/s?
i'm going to be unoriginal and say pretty much all of them. lol. but i think the final scene with them singing don't stop believing and will coming in was great and if i was forced to choose that would be my favorite
4. Fave character/s?
honestly, i really like all of them. even the 'evil' and non gleek people have great stories and are enjoyable to watch.
it to be good as or better than pilot and to build on the story lines of all the characters!
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 07-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Master Fan

1. What did you expect from the Pilot? IDK what to say. I was expecting it to be good and it was great

2. Did it meet your expections or not?? Why? Yes it did. It was just as fun and cool as i was hoping it would be.

3. Fave scene/s? Hmm, hard to say. IDK to be honest.

4. Fave character/s? Rachel, Finn and Will.

5. What are you hoping from ep 2?? IDK to be honest. I guess seeing more of Will and Emma, and some more singing scenes with Finn and Rachel.

You make me Feel like I'm living a Teenage Dream,
Let's runaway And don't ever look back
Old 07-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

1. What did you expect from the Pilot? I don't know. After a friend told me what it was about. I went to watch it.
2. Did it meet your expections or not?? Why? It did. Because I loved it and that is important.
3. Fave scene/s? Finn in the shower. The singing of You're the One I Want, the Rehab scene, Don't Stop Believin', I loved the whole episode but these are probably my most favorite.
4. Fave character/s? Finn and Rachel but I love most of the characters.
5. What are you hoping from ep 2?? I just can't wait to see them continue the storylines from they had in episode 1.

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr