Old 05-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New York (2x22) - Episode Discussion

New York (2x22) - Episode Discussion
**SEASON FINALE**—“GLEE”—(9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

NEW DIRECTIONS HEADS TO NATIONALS ON THE “GLEE” SEASON FINALE

AIRING AT A SPECIAL TIME TUESDAY, MAY 24, ON FOX

Patti LuPone, Jonathan Groff, Cheyenne Jackson and Charice Guest-Star

The kids of New Directions travel from Lima to New York City to compete in Nationals. While in the Big Apple, they take in all of the sights from Times Square to Broadway to Central Park in the all-new “New York” season finale episode of GLEE airing at a special time Tuesday, May 24 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-222) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Heather Morris as Brittany S. Pierce; Mike O’Malley as Burt Hummel

Guest Cast: Patti LuPone as Herself, Jonathan Groff as Jesse St. James; Cheyenne Jackson as Dustin Goolsby, Charice as Sunshine Corazon, Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson
Old 05-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

darren. darren. darren. darren.

SO EXCITED FOR THIS EPISODE!!!! IT'S NOT EVEN NORMAL!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks bb! I can't wait for this ep!

Vanessa | Tumblr | Meltem
Old 05-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

now THIS episode should be the 90 minute episode! sooooo excited about the episode!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS EPISODE!!!

aghh time needs to move faster
Old 05-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwillow (View Post)
now THIS episode should be the 90 minute episode! sooooo excited about the episode!!
Ditto!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

This shouldve been the 90min episode, totally agree.

Interesting way to start off the episode.

"are you with show choir?" "ya" "because most groups just seperate by sexual orientation" LMAO great!

I dont like how Finn and everyone thinks that him/Rachel dueting is the only way to win. There are plenty of other combos that would get the job done. He has really gotten a big head this last half of the season.

Lol love the girls having a pillow fight.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 05-24-2011 at 06:11 PM
Old 05-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Kurt and Rachel's duet is giving me goosebumps. One of the best performances of the season imo.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Soooo happy we got a Cheerioes reunion scene. It seems like forever since B/S/Q had a real scene together. They should be closer. To bad we didnt get an actual hair cut scene.

I like how the writers always have to give Rachel some emotional scene with someone just to make her look better. They shouldve made Sun a force to be reckoned with by this point.

If I were a judge, right now that all girl group would probably win since it seemed like they didnt rely on one person to carry them.

This is revolving to much around Finchel for my liking.

Oh wow VA didnt even place. How sad.

LOVED seeing Santana lose it on Finchel.

Aww MerSam dating. About time.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 05-24-2011 at 06:55 PM
Old 05-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ending was kind of abrupt. I wish we had gotten one more song in the choir room like last season.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

Overall it was enjoyable. If they cut down on the Rachel/Finchel scenes and added more post performance scenes it wouldve been a lot better.

But I wonder what Naya had to stay back in LA for? I know she had to shoot a hallway scene but I didnt think it was the Brittana scene since wasnt Heather in NY with everyone else?
Old 05-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm not a huge Glee person, but I catch it every now and then. I'm just wondering why there was zero focus on Quinn? Finn was just dating her the previous episode, and supposedly in love with her, but now he completely forgets about her. It'd be nice if he didn't have to kiss Rachel in front of her. I have no couple preferences, I just felt bad for her I guess.

Tumblr|Abby
Old 05-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Disappointed. I had hyped this ep up so much in my mind with being in NYC and everything but everything with the kids and the unrealistic notion that they only started writing the songs when they got there is so ridiculous.

The only bright spot was the For Good number and the Still Got Tonight number by Will. After that it was crap. The competition. The rushed ending.

This show use to be so good it had such a fanatic season one finale. This year, the finale was one of the worst ep in a very lack luster season 2.

I guess it's true about the season 2 slump.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayitandimyours (View Post)
I'm not a huge Glee person, but I catch it every now and then. I'm just wondering why there was zero focus on Quinn? Finn was just dating her the previous episode, and supposedly in love with her, but now he completely forgets about her. It'd be nice if he didn't have to kiss Rachel in front of her. I have no couple preferences, I just felt bad for her I guess.
Thats Finn for you. He has become a dbag this last half of the season. He only thinks about himself. But I thought the one scene that Quinn did get summed it up perfectly for her. She wouldnt have done to much besides that anyway.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

This show is so inconsistent, like what happened to Quinns plan. She got a hair cut so now she is supposed to feel better. I miss her long hair already

Too much FR shoved down my throat. It was basically a repeat of last year.

This season has been pretty lackluster so it fits that this episode was lackluster as well.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."