Old 02-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
you can be assured that any song they'd have performed they'd have nailed it
No you can't...for me at least with how I view Darren as hit and miss
Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Are we even sure she has a learning disability?
No. And that's the point. I doubt she's even been tested. But even then, in most schools if you underachieve enough/perform low enough on standardized tests they will put you in Special Ed regardless of whether you have an actual medical condition.

There is a point where saying, 'oh, she's just dumb.' doesn't cut it. And that point is when it passes 'dumb blonde stereotype used for laughs' and actually becomes an issue.

For example, Karen from Mean Girls was one of the dumbest people ever to be in a movie. But they used it for comedy and nothing more so it was fine. They didn't have her fail or something unrelated to the plot. My opinion is once you fail Brittany and make a huge deal about Sue trying to keep her off the Cheerios b/c of her grades, you then need to address it.

If they didn't want to deal with it, they should have just let Brittany float along like Mean Girls did for Karen. That would have been fine with me. Rude, but fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Agreed. But in the 'world of Glee', Darren/Blaine is hit 115% of the time, so it would have at least made sense within that framework.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Canonic wise Blaine is one hell of a performer, Marley is considered the new Rachel so CANON WISE (not my personal opinion or yours) their duet would have compensated the awful song used for the group's number.

Quote:
No. And that's the point. I doubt she's even been tested. But even then, in most schools if you underachieve enough/perform low enough on standardized tests they will put you in Special Ed regardless of whether you have an actual medical condition.

There is a point where saying, 'oh, she's just dumb.' doesn't cut it. And that point is when it passes 'dumb blonde stereotype used for laughs' and actually becomes an issue.

For example, Karen from Mean Girls was one of the dumbest people ever to be in a movie. But they used it for comedy and nothing more so it was fine. They didn't have her fail or something unrelated to the plot. My opinion is once you fail Brittany and make a huge deal about Sue trying to keep her off the Cheerios b/c of her grades, you then need to address it.

If they didn't want to deal with it, they should have just let Brittany float along like Mean Girls did for Karen. That would have been fine with me. Rude, but fine.
I get what you mean and you have one fine point but as I said before I'm not upset because I don't care enough about Brittany maybe if it had been someone else I'd be in your shoes.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
I get what you mean and you have one fine point but as I said before I'm not upset because I don't care enough about Brittany maybe if it had been someone else I'd be in your shoes.
I respect that. But i think you are seriously overestimating how much I actually care about Brittany. lol. I just don't like when writers misuse characters for no tangible reason.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakenbake (View Post)
I respect that. But i think you are seriously overestimating how much I actually care about Brittany. lol. I just don't like when writers misuse characters for no tangible reason.
That's happens in many shows, not just this one
Old 02-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh my god, Finn, that's not coffee. That's sugar in a mug.
Finn, don't stand up to Sue like that and own it.
Noelle might start to think I like you.
you do like him FACE IT. OWN IT.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by in a daydream (View Post)
you do like him FACE IT. OWN IT.
NO.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

my only input on the episode rn btw is that i loved Torn.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by in a daydream (View Post)
my only input on the episode rn btw is that i loved Torn.
That was one hell of a number.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well the boys did a terrible job in helping Puck study is not like Britney missed much lol. Plus I think Puck was failing one class and needed to pass one test and Britney was failing everything due to writing everything in secret languages that would be harder to tutor in a short time. However, I understand the frustation in other episodes
Old 02-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Well the boys did a terrible job in helping Puck study is not like Britney missed much lol. Plus I think Puck was failing one class and needed to pass one test and Britney was failing everything due to writing everything in secret languages that would be harder to tutor in a short time. However, I understand the frustation in other episodes
In the end Quinn was the one who managed to make him study properly but the bros tried to help him they best they could.

Yeah Puck was failing one class while Brittany failed in every class. It made sense that only Puck graduated.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Quinn and Coach were the only who could make him study. I think the boys could have chosen better ways than the Rain in Spain.

Yeah it's difficult to pass every class in a short time
Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

The bro's came together to help another bro and they always are helping each other out, or telling each other what it means to be men [which can they STFU about that now?]

The girls don't seem to get those kind of scenes, sure there was this last episode but they didn't have that many scenes compared to all the bro scenes.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 02-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The writers just don't like writing positive girl scenes bc in high school all girls ~must~ be out for each other smdh.

Not even going to get into the Brittany/Sam SAT stuff bc it's really not worth wasting my breath on how rude Sam was. I don't even feel sorry for him.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Quinn must be pissed she wasted time helping him and stroking his ego . He ended back in Lima and still hangs out in school screwing underage girls. Once a Lima Loser always a Lima Loser <3

Quote:
The girls don't seem to get those kind of scenes, sure there was this last episode but they didn't have that many scenes compared to all the bro scenes.
It's usually about the boys. The grossest scene that comes to mind is the one in the bathroom where Quinn felt ****ty about herself because of the wheelchair and that no guy would want her.