Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
AU is something they should do

It's so sad that his friends, the ones who praised and talked about him, the ones who wanted him back at Dalton, the ones who went to see his show are the same ones that left him there without asking if he were okay or what.

If Wes had been still there, no way in hell Sebastian would play little boss.
I know pepole loathe the Warblers but I feel like they really shouldve done some webisodes concerning them.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
Im not trying to jump back into this whole debate but no one was bashing Finn and we were managing to have a civilied conversation about this whole thing.
It's not civilized when character bashing can be referred to as actor bashing. That's just against the rules of this board and Fan Forum, and us Moderators have to remind people to uphold that. We would hate for Cory to come visit this site (if that would ever happen), and have to see posters bashing his voice and other talents. That wouldn't give the site a good image.

Quote:
Of course it is. Everything is subjective. And it's hard not to mention the character talents or lack thereof because the show mentions them again and again. Are we never to mention that Finn can't dance because Cory actually can't dance? Or say that a singing voice isn't to our liking because it's the voice the actress or actor was blessed with? What about Sugar? Should we not mention that she can't sing because it reflects badly on the actress who can? If you find it hard to read negative opinions about Finn, that's absolutely understandable, but to imply that people are carrying over those negative opinions to Cory isn't understandable. Cory can act, and he can sing, and he can't dance, but Cory has made it - Finn hasn't and the show hasn't shown us any reason why he should.
How is saying Finn can't sing, thus he won't make it anywhere in performing, any different from saying Cory can't sing? That's Cory's voice you're hearing and he has made it to places. It's fine that a actor/actresses singing voice isn't to your liking. But in our rules on this board we tell people not to make comments such as "[insert character] doesn't have any talent" Maybe you ought to read our rules clarification thread - http://www.fanforum.com/f325/board-r...25/index4.html.

Last edited by ღfaithfully; 02-01-2012 at 04:14 PM
Old 02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliina (View Post)
When everyone and their families got more screentime then her. So like two years ago?
Tina, Mike, Artie, Suger & Irish kid, and even Puck are mostly just swaying in the background now.

But unlike most of them, Puck isn't going to be returning for another year. So much for all the characters being some kind of storyline.

Quote:
Every forum has rules and moderators to be sure they are followed.
I don't recall having broken said rules, only disagreeing with an abrupt topic change when it was apparent that I wasn't alone in my disagreement.

As for the Hitler creak, I might have gone too far.

But the whole arguement was unfonded, we're not the ones who even brought Cory into this. We were talking about a fictional character.

): )
Old 02-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღfaithfully (View Post)
It's not civilized when character bashing can be referred to as actor bashing. That's just against the rules of this board and Fan Forum, and us Moderators have to remind people to uphold that. We would hate for Cory to come visit this site (if that would ever happen), and have to see posters bashing his voice and other talents. That wouldn't give the site a good image.
Anything referring to the character can be referred to actor bashing. They know the difference between a character and a real life person. I highly doubt Grant goes to bed crying at night because people hate Sebastian. He knows people hate Sebastian and he understands why people hate Sebastian. Chris hates Sebastian but he and Grant know that he doesnt hate Grant.

This entire week Chris has critized the episode. He thinks it is stupid that Kurt didnt do anything. It is just like saying that I think "Said episode" is bad. If we take it to the extreme then that means I think the writer is bad and we shouldnt be able to say anything except for what we liked so we dont hurt their feelings.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 02-01-2012 at 04:17 PM
Old 02-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
There are celebrities that have stopped by and even joined. Most famous example Bryan Greenberg. Pretty sure they still have his post topped on their board.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by like a skyscraper (View Post)
There are celebrities that have stopped by and even joined. Most famous example Bryan Greenberg. Pretty sure they still have his post topped on their board.
And I would love to hear Lea or Cory or any of them for that matter drop by so we can hear frist hand what they have to say on any given subject. I've never been fortunet to meet anyone famous, other then the Sec of the Navy, nor have I been to comicon so I've no way of people a question to them on a subject.

That being said, we're still not attacking Cory here.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know pepole loathe the Warblers but I feel like they really shouldve done some webisodes concerning them.
I always liked the Warblers and some webepisodes would be nice.

But for now I'll have the Dalton fic!

Quote:
As for the Hitler creak, I might have gone too far.
Gee, you think?

Quote:
There are celebrities that have stopped by and even joined.
I always suspected that Damon&Carlton trolled the Lost board
Old 02-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
Anything referring to the character can be referred to actor bashing. They know the difference between a character and a real life person. I highly doubt Grant goes to bed crying at night because people hate Sebastian. He knows people hate Sebastian and he understands why people hate Sebastian. Chris hates Sebastian but he and Grant know that he doesnt hate Grant.
That's different. You can hate Finn all you want. But hating on Finn's talents is another thing because those aren't fictional. Those aren't written by writers. His talents are all Cory.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
I always liked the Warblers and some webepisodes would be nice.

But for now I'll have the Dalton fic!

Gee, you think?

I always suspected that Damon&Carlton trolled the Lost board
OMG! Ikr?! *about lost*

i just want my dalton spin-off.

if you guys can't agree with the decisions made by the moderator, fine. don't agree, but don't try to argue with us. The decision has been made and if you can't move on and leave it alone, personally I'd rather you left this thread and go post in a thread here about what you love.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
That's different. You can hate Finn all you want. But hating on Finn's talents is another thing because those aren't fictional. Those aren't written by writers. His talents are all Cory.
Except they are fictional to a certain degree. Sugar not being able to sing is fictional. The way they use Corys voice/dancing/singing is fictional. They have shown that Finn is a horrible dancer, he broke Rachels nose and we had a whole episode about it.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you Mel again I wanna rest this to bed.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

How is saying Finn can't sing, thus he won't make it anywhere in performing, any different from saying Cory can't sing? That's Cory's voice you're hearing and he has made it to places. It's fine that a actor/actresses singing voice isn't to your liking. But in our rules on this board we tell people not to make comments such as "[insert character] doesn't have any talent" Maybe you ought to read our rules clarification thread - http://www.fanforum.com/f325/board-r...25/index4.html.
I have read them all. I make it a point to ensure that I'm not in breach of any rules here on as I feel that as a fellow mod, it wouldn't look right if I flaunted them on boards. What I gathered from the rules is that you want to keep this place civil, and having checked back, I can't see where anybody has deviated from that. If we're not allowed to say things about Finn's talents, we also shouldn't be allowed to critise the way episodes are written, just in case Ryan and co. should stop by. Can you imagine how hurt they'd be to know that something they've poured their time and effort into is being rubbished. It's their talent - their talent at storytelling - we're bashing there.

I feel like this situation is getting out of hand, so if you would like to continue this conversation, we should take it off board to completely ensure we're not encroaching on any additional rules; feel free to PM me.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

[QUOTE=ale-la-pazza1;61128471] Gee, you think? QUOTE]

My, but aren't you enjoying the moral highground.

I am a fan of Glee, doesn't mean I agree with the way certain storylines have been written...being pointless, or how certain character have been made to seen....insaneQ just one of many.

And I plan on continuing watching the season to see how things turn out. Though if the marriage does go through, then yeah I probably will leave the thread and stop watching the show. If I want absurd I'll watch a cartoon.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Well let me just say that Artie/Santana make a wonderful undercover team. They need to work together more often when it comes to taking down people.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i just want my dalton spin-off.
Maybe CP should send her fic to some TV channel and see if she can get a show

Quote:
My, but aren't you enjoying the moral highground.
I just hate distasteful jokes. And the Hitler one was really uncalled for.

Quote:
Well let me just say that Artie/Santana make a wonderful undercover team.
Agree!!