Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Maybe we should start something like a "Question of the week" thread?
We do have one like that and it always generates discussion, and it's specially great if you're asking about old stuff, because sometimes people's views of what happened may even have changed over time Or they're at least less aggressive about how they express those views, which can lead to much more productive and friendly discussion
Old 06-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm watching Love Love Love...haven't seen it since October

Anyway, a lot of the Glee cast has their own board....so while a lot of the posters don't like the storylines....they still love the cast....

Lea, Cory, Mark, Dianna...

Hope you guys can keep this board alive
Old 06-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That can also be a reason why the number of posters decreased so drastically here =/
Old 06-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, absolutely, those people seem to have migrated over to those boards for the most part.

I'll talk to Alyssa about a discussion of the week type thread.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ what is the Glee discussion of the week this week

How about? why does the bad guy [Sue] win at the end after 5 season... she fires Will and disbands the Glee club
Old 06-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't remember if they explicitly stated it, but I thought that one of the terms of Glee club continuing was merely just that they had to win because if they didn't then they needed to make budget cuts.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Hi everyone. As a courtesy, I wanted to let you know that this board didn’t meet the daily average number of posts to remain here last month, and as such, this board has been placed on the Low Post Count Warning List. If this board meets the daily average number of posts to remain here for the next six months, this board will be taken off this list, but if it doesn’t meet the daily average number of posts to remain here at any time within the next six months, or if it goes without a post for 48 Hours at any time within the next six months, this board will be closed. I wanted to let you all know this so you can take the steps necessary to make sure that this board remains here.

Please note that boards need to average 15 posts a day in order to remain here. Thank you.
This post is confusing.
Does this mean that all those forums listed of defunct shows and people I never heard of are getting 15 posts per day year-round?
What can possibly sustain that level of interest in shows long gone?
Is there a different standard for shows that are no longer active?
If so Glee should be sent to that category because it is still running only because of an ill-conceived two-year deal.
Season five made it clear the producers had no ideas worthy of a sixth season, only the need to reach certain contractual milestones in its hopes for syndication.
(it's hopes are fragile, seeing that in five years few people will be willing to explain why they liked Justin Bieber or who some of the other artists were. It will also be hard to become a fan of a show in which couples and cast members change as fast as their wardrobes.)
After the first burst of interest when this thread appeared the Glee section got as slow as before. Boring games do not create new interest, nor would people look here for updates on individuals if they have their own section.
Are the sections on cast members safe, and if so, how hard would it be to merge them all in one section?
Old 06-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the syndication milestone is 100, so they've hit that mark and could just as well cancel season six if they wanted lol.

And it's not 15 posts per day necessarily, but the average at least. So they could have slow days that they make up for with really busy days.

I know that some of the shows that are over just have a lot of their posters still involved and so it's easier to hit that count as opposed to here, with not so many of us left around.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:18 AM
Total Fan

I'm sorry to see the count is low, and I agree, a give and take discussion keeps people actively posting. When the discussions lead in a positive direction I think it also gives others encouragement to be positive.

Perhaps one reason there's a lull is because Glee is on a long hiatus from airing new episodes. Take heart, however, (and this is where it gets exciting ) the actors begin working in July so we'll probably get bits and pieces of news every now and then! Let's hope Ryan takes pity on us and gives us some real juicy stuff.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I'm hoping that we'll have a good idea of what's going on based on filming tweets. However, filming so early leaves a good chance that there will be more spoilers (real or fake) floating around than usual. Unless by some reason they have two-three week filming breaks between each episode. Either way, there's a good chance that they will be done filming the entire (supposedly 13-episode) season before it even premieres.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Total Fan

I think you're right about when they'll end. In an interview I believe Lea said they would be going back to work in July and will end at the beginning of the new year. That's not an exact schedule but it does indicate a short season. I was disappointed to hear that but Ryan did say it was going to be a great season. Let's hope he's right.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If it's going to be all centered in Lima, I'm not going to think it's great no matter what.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:21 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless forms (View Post)
If it's going to be all centered in Lima, I'm not going to think it's great no matter what.
I don't what he meant but Ryan said it was going to be at a new location. I have my guesses but that's all they are, just guesses.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just assuming Lima because it's easy (and at least that's what Jane has implied in interviews).

Old 07-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Total Fan

You're right. However, to add to the confusion, Ryan said it would be in a new location, one they had been in briefly. That leaves several possibilities. Jane also said we'd be surprised at who the choir directors will be for Vocal Adrenaline and the Warblers. My guess is VA's new director will be Will. I don't know about the Warblers. If Will is their director, that may be the new location. Who knows!

I'm hoping Ryan will not keep us in suspense too long.