Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Low Post Count Warning - Please Read

Hi everyone. As a courtesy, I wanted to let you know that this board didn’t meet the daily average number of posts to remain here last month, and as such, this board has been placed on the Low Post Count Warning List. If this board meets the daily average number of posts to remain here for the next six months, this board will be taken off this list, but if it doesn’t meet the daily average number of posts to remain here at any time within the next six months, or if it goes without a post for 48 Hours at any time within the next six months, this board will be closed. I wanted to let you all know this so you can take the steps necessary to make sure that this board remains here.

Please note that boards need to average 15 posts a day in order to remain here. Thank you.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Oh no.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Woah, I never expect to see this board on the low post count list Sorry guys
Old 06-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting this, Jerry. I'm sadly not surprised. I take some of the blame because I've been very busy with real life lately, but it is difficult when we have lost a lot of our regular posters.

I hope people rally for the board. I would hate for it to fall right before the final season. Even if it does eventually have to be retired, I would rather it be retired properly after the show gets its sendoff.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-04-2014, 05:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Would you believe that just yesterday I was in another forum praising the moderators for keeping unpopular threads alive and telling them how heartbroken I am every time I open this forum looking for a reply to my latest insight and find only moderators posing "me too" five times.
Do you want me to start posting my fanfics (64 and 44 chapters)? They could draw attention and maybe even comments.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I don't think you can put blame for this on the moderators here, I have moderated this board in the past and it's not easy because there are a lot of people with different opinions and preferring to hate on the show rather than discussing it. It drives the fans of the show away plus the show itself has made several mistakes in the past which drove people away, including myself. So this cannot be blamed on them.

I'd love to help you girls, but it's been a while since I actually watched the show so I doubt I'd do any good.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Totally understand, Mel. Thanks for stopping by.

Quote:
I open this forum looking for a reply to my latest insight and find only moderators posing "me too" five times.
Sometimes when I read your posts, I don't really have anything to add. They are insightful, and I understand where you are coming from. We applaud you for encouraging discussion. It's just that sometimes it feels like I don't have anything to add, and a short comment becomes an easier way to reply.

The other thing is that because there are so few of us posting regularly, I don't want to constantly be bumping threads where I am the last comment (especially if it was recently). I will go back and try to get around to some of the old threads, though, so that there will be some attention from the front page.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I'm gonna try to stop by more often and post on more threads when I do it. I can see why the board is doing bad, since the show is doing bad itself as well, and one things leads to another. But I definitely agree that we should try to keep the board around at least until the end of the series.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Catia, that means a lot.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was really surprised to see this board in the LPC I'm sorry for you guys and hope like you wish for it to stay alive until the end at least of the final season
Old 06-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Please don't close it. It needs to be alive at least till the show is over.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for stopping by everyone

I can't say I'm surprised either. Like others have said, we just don't have many posters left here and everyone likes different characters which makes it more difficult to have discussions. As the seasons have been going on, it's been getting harder to post.
icon: wolfsbane
Old 06-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely, plus I know that myself (and Alyssa) seem to be very busy with RL these days. I try to post at least a little bit to get us by, but then I also need to focus on school and work, so it's a bit difficult.

Quote:
Please don't close it. It needs to be alive at least till the show is over.
We will do our best to make it work until at least the end of season six.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
because there are so few of us posting regularly, I don't want to constantly be bumping threads where I am the last comment
But that is necessary sometimes, you know, specially with threads that can draw more attention. If it's been a day or two, there's no problem in bumping it if you were the last poster. Double posting is only a problem when you post right after yourself. And I say that with the experience of modding a slow board with few regular posters as well for years, so trust me, it works

Then again, you have to think of whether you want to keep the board alive or not. If you do, you need to engage in discussions more actively, because if you're already a small group and you don't respond with more than a short "me too", as the poster above mentioned, the conversation tends to get boring and die quickly. And, speaking as a poster, it can be really frustrating when you're trying to create debate and the other posters don't seem interested. That can drive people away just as much as the hate in the threads.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a very good point. Maybe we should start something like a "Question of the week" thread? I know some boards that are for shows that are off the air have that kind of thing. Or we could do that in a couple of the character threads. I think that as long as people check the threads, then that could generate a lot of discussion.