Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Inevitability {Jesse♥Rachel} #28: Because our ship has it’s own street sign, does yours?

28; jesse&rachel

She is the leader of the up-and-coming New Directions. He is the three-time Nationals winning star of Vocal Adrenaline. Their story begins in a music store with a little song written by Lionel Richie called 'Hello,' and sparks fly.

Their relationship is not an easy one. Being on rival teams causes conflict, so they are forced to keep it under wraps. Rachel tries to end it, claiming she needs to focus on her own team, but she cannot get rid of him that easily. The next day, Jesse transfers to McKinley High. He says to have transferred for Rachel so they could be together openly. However, later on we realize that this was not the whole truth. Jesse St. James was on a mission.

A mission for Shelby Corcoran, to be precise, but not for the reason many were expecting. Rachel was Shelby’s daughter, and she was desperately trying to forge a connection. While it had began as a simple acting exercise, Jesse realized he had genuinely fallen for Rachel himself. However, when he succeeded in getting her to listen to the tape of Shelby singing, his mission is over, and it's time to return to Vocal Adrenaline.

Pressured by his teammates to prove loyalty to them alone, he goes along with their plan to humiliate the one thing New Directions had that they didn’t: Rachel Berry. In a few moments of hesitation, his conflict is obvious. In the end, he chooses his dreams and future over Rachel and cracks the egg on her forehead, but not before saying his piece: “I loved you.”

For Jesse and Rachel, season one was full of many things: lies, mutual ambitions, singing and genuine feelings that ultimately ended up in heartbreak. It is not their time. However, if their long glances at Regionals prove anything, it’s that they’re anything but over each other. Only time will tell.

101. PermanentCatcher
102. Dricks
103. LoisLane1986
104. love.across.time
105. thechocolatebrigade
106. foxyfreds
107. cheldax46
108. Chasity05
109. broken|smile
110. BreanBamonFan
111. silver lining
112. xbrittnoel21x
113. FairytaleScenes
114. spicy_girl
115. Jakie&Hyde*fan
116. coolhan08
117. Karma Police
118. jesse's girl
119. lolixoxo
120. lwdandcasey07
121. Kristen00
122. Zaryanka
123. Emma718
124. PaperGirl
125. Guinevere
126. Cute_Poison
127. my.song.is.love
128. allstarcheer1014
129. heartless_soul
130. Derena?Love
131. Irthes
132. tvgirl94
133. kissed by starlight
134. Moon-River
135. sethamgal
136. SilentMuse_x
137. lisegurl
138. taysgurl
139. Saya_Asakura
140. LittleOne87
141. frecklesandwine
142. celitalaloca
143. TruLove
144. Pattt
145. Burn Our History
146. nedz
147. yuzzz66
148. canthaveyou
149. B. Chambers
150. Sweet Escape
151. point0fn0return
152. cass-xo
153. Josie2288

"Jesse and I might not be true
love, but what if we are?"

"I thought you'd never come back."
"And miss all your drama? Never."

"You're even more of a drama queen
than I am."

"Everyone thinks I'm the big heart
breaker, but the fact of the matter
is, you broke mine first.."

{view complete set of testimonials here}

[your dirty mouth full of honest lies][triple threat]
[all the time it takes to hold it right][sink or swim]
[pools of sorrow][love is not a victory match]
[hello, I love you][are you somewhere, feeling lonely?]
[caught in your bad romance][et cetera]
[tell me how to win your heart] [the stone in the glass house]
[an inevitable conclusion][I find a map and draw a straight line]
[not while I’m around][love is a tired symphony]
[perfection][best of me]
[punishment][don’t trust me]
[i should tell you][mine]
[the guilty ones][showers and bathrobes]
[leading the way][different from this hell I’m living]
[how can you mend a broken heart?][on her own]
[feeling lit, feeling light][stolen moments]

[paparazzi][all the right moves]
[you're still the one][forever and always]
[battlefield][cause we've got one life to live]
[porcelain fists ][i can’t believe I’d said i’d lay our love of the ground]
[watch me burn][i’d never give myself to another]
[highwell to hell][pretend]
[shattered][the world could be burning]
[burning up][heartless]
[i’m yours and suddenly you’re mine][shooting stars]
[according to him][i must be dreaming]
[as long as your mine][my otp]
[you got me][so contagious]
[look at you forever][why can’t i?]
[i was born to tell you I love you][forever yours]
[finale hour evaluation][your loves a drug]
[i’m falling in love but it’s falling apart][wait a minute]
[you love is a song][everything is breaking down now]
["you chose to turn away for your career..."][i don't need parachute]

the media;
jesse and rachel on livejournal
jesse and rachel on fanpop
****yeahstberry on tumblr

future titles;
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Because they both deserve an epic romance.
"Epic" doesn't even BEGIN to cover it.
Talk about, sing about it... doesn't matter as long as they're doing it!
Rachel is Jesse's girl.
Because they had us at 'Hello'
'Nothing really matters to me' – We know she does Jesse, we know she does.
Because I'm sure you haven't deleted my number yet.
Because even the entire fandom can see these two have unfinished business.

previous threads;
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10
11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30
31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40

Last edited by sprezzatura; 07-27-2010 at 05:36 PM
Old 07-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

title inspiration;

Old 07-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT Nat! Love all the fanvideo and fanfic additions!!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening, Nat! Title win.
ღ sherri. | l. michele. | icon.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyitsyoursx3 (View Post)
Thanks for opening, Nat! Title win.
TFTNT Nat! Can we add this video to the op?
Old 07-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sure I'll do it now .
Old 07-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

the street sign.

too hot. much too hot.

Last edited by lisztomania; 07-21-2010 at 05:49 PM
Old 07-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantPepper (View Post)
the street sign.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5...4o1_r2_500.gif

too hot. much too hot.
I know right I mean look at this
Old 07-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh my Groff, those anis !

TPOM is airing here it´ll starts in ... 5 minutes! YAY!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1RV6PQxuIw
OHMYGROFFTHATWASABSOLUTELYFREAKINGAND****INGHOT !!!!!!!!

this was HATE!SEX is should be !

oh and I LOVED the title!!
*Lifesavers#28(Martin/Sam)*Guardian Angel#6(Sydney/Vaughn)*Outlaws#62(Kate/Sawyer)*Jared Padalecki/Sam Winchester Supporter#27*DeanWinchester/Jensen Ackles Supporter#44*Texas Hunters#9(Sam/Dean/J2Supporter)*Mick St.John/Beth Turner Suporter#79*Fallen Angels#36(Sam/Ruby)*JP/GC#6*Traggic Love-Justin/Rebecca shipper*St.Berry Supporter#102*Soulmates LM&JG*SA fan#18*McDanno#34 (Steve/Danny H50 friendship)*Densi Supporter
Old 07-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

oh my gosh lea that is tongue i see. she doesn't hold back when it comes to the groff. i am very pleased with this discovery.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Yea, imagine how HOT that would be.... If this is regular sex Then hate!sex is gonna be 10 times better... EDIT:
Quote:
oh my gosh lea that is tongue i see. she doesn't hold back when it comes to the groff. i am very pleased with this discovery.
As am I.. They both tend to get really into their scenes together..
Old 07-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8 (View Post)
I think they all love Jon, but I'd love for them all to be friends with Jon so there's even more reason to bring him back. We know Jane Lynch wished that she would've had some scenes with him, and she thought that BR was fabulous. And I agree with Jon, I'd like for Naya to sing on the show a lot more too. Remember, Jesse/Santana have a little moment during LAP. I could actually see St. Lopez happening more than St. Fabray.
So far EVERYBODY from the cast is charmed by The Groff. How could they not? He's so darm charming. And is probably the nicest guy in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padfootsprincess02 (View Post)
Jesse St. James was quite different around Rachel.. I that about him... he was sweet and carefree with Rachel, but had to be tough around everyone else... i.e. showface.. especially around his VA members. I thought that was very telling of their relationship.. It makes me think that he wasnt really lying when he said that JESSE would never hurt her... Does that make sense?
They were both really different around each other. It was beautiful to watch, really. They brought out the best from each other. Everytime they were together, it was as if they had their own little world and I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love.across.time (View Post)
I know that Jon's know Matt for a while too so I guess they're friends. But I wanna know if Jon & Cory are friends just for the lulz because they particularly hated each other onscreen. But they both seem like laid-back guys so I can see them getting along in rl.
I know Jane Lynch adores Jon. He's friends with Matt. Naya admires him. He's also good friends with Kevin and Jenna. Amber admires him as well. I haven't heard anything from the rest of the Glee boys and Brittany.

Quote:
I agree with this sfm. I liked that it was clear to the audience that Jesse had to sides two him as well so kudos Jon. Jesse was a lot more open with Rachel and he seemed to try and make her as happy as possible, then the other side which he showed to everyone (expect Rachel and in a sense Shelby) was of Jesse St. James the leader, who was a smug arrogant little b*****d tbh. The guy who would do anything to win the masquerade that only slipped really during BR where you could tell that both sides of his personally were now becoming blurred, yes he was out to win but he was doing in with a lot more feeling that when we saw he perform Highway to Hell.
I love this. The two sides of Jesse St. James were really getting blurred. I am so curious about the internal struggle that went on behind all that. It would have been a great character study of sorts.

Quote:
So I was watching Bad Reputation for the millionth time tonight, and poor Jesse ran the gamut of emotions within the span of 2 minutes.

He's all proud of his girl...
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...dofhisgirl.png

Then he's all confused and starting to get pissed when he sees Puck. I can't help but laugh at Rachel for being completely oblivious.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...erry/UmWTF.png

Rachel better be glad that looks really can't kill.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...sseWTFface.png
This, again showcases how both actors are really really good actors. Flashes of different emotions saying show much through just facial expressions and in such a short amount of time. Lea deserves that Emmy nod. And I'm still bitter about Jon not getting his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural_disaster (View Post)
I had a dream with Jon in it. He was a bad guy and kidnapped me. Damon Salvatore was in my dream too. No, not Ian, Damon. And Kobe Bryant was my stepfather.
Kobe Bryant your father making you pasta. But hey if Jon kidnapped me, I'd be such a willing victim.

Quote:
So I put some of my pairings more than once. It's that against the rules?

IKR! I don't know why but I'm in love with the look on Rachel's face when his hand moves up to the top of her thigh, you get it girl.
They'd better go all the way next time he comes back. Hate-sex is also so hot in tv shows/movies. Is it bad that I just want Glee to move to a channel like HBO or Starz or something just so we could get a J&R scene like this? (the part up to 1:23) -- warning contains both hotness and nudity, not for the "innocent" ones in this thread.
Good God that scene. I think Jon and Lea sort of did something similar eight times a week.. every night for more than two years.

Quote:
You're only supposed to list them once.

That's why that moment was my icon for as long as it was. I like the look on her face and how he's sort of breathing her in when he touches the side of her face. It almost looks like he's about to kiss her neck. I only want Glee to be on HBO or F/X for St. Berry sex scenes, otherwise I'm good with it being on Fox.
ikr? it was so damn sexy. jon and lea are of course are pretty much the experts with these sort of scenes. so can you just imagine if they go all out? i might hyperventilate for days.

Quote:
She's got that mischievous glint in her eye . I wouldn't be surprised is he did tbh, we all know how Jon super likes to get into character.
They are very dedicated to their roles. This is why they're so epic together. You put two crazy talented, crazy hard-working two people together... Two people with great chemistry.. You know the result is always gonna be sooo good.

Quote:
It's so true which I think is another reason why I love them so much. Yes, he was her boyfriend but I could easily see them being friends with lots of UST b/c they obviously want to be together. Re-watching the first 13 episodes, it's sad that Rachel literally has zero friends. No one she can talk to. I think it was so glaringly obvious in POM that it was almost painful to watch. There's no one in the glee club that I can see her being able to have some of the same conversations that she had with Jesse.

I think that's another reason why we saw such a different side of Rachel b/c for once she could actually confide in someone completely who wasn't Mr. Schue. She had someone she could talk to, and who understood her and didn't look at her like she had two heads when she said crazy stuff (okay with the exception of her saying that Patti Lupone would have had Rachel for her two dads out of charity ). I would be fine with them building a friendship when Jesse comes back and an even deeper relationship developing out of that.
It's better with them taking it slow.. get to know each other better before they start to fall in love all over again. It would be beautiful because you know they'd love each other's crazies.

Quote:
I think there was talk in here last night about whether Jesse was ever slushied at McKinley, and honestly I can't see anyone every slushie-ing Jesse. I don't think that Rachel got slushied at all once Jesse came to McKinley. There's a part of me that likes to think that he sort of elevated her status at McKinley. That they were sort of a power couple. She was more confident with Jesse around and the jocks would've left them alone. Plus they always seemed to be in their own little Jesse/Rachel world.
I have the same sentiments. I don't think anybody dared slushie him. I just think Jesse oozes charisma. He can talk his way out of anything. (The jocks might also be crushing on him so you know.. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrittnoel21x (View Post)
It's so true that they were the first real main couple of the show. I never saw it as a manipulation at all. His motives may have been questionable but actions speak louder than words and his actions spoke volumes when he transferred schools to be with Rachel. They could have had their relationship secret the whole time with him saying on VA but he didn't. He chose to go out in the open with Rachel, not to sleep with her but to be with her. So that she could have him on her arm and not be ashamed of what her "teammates" would think about their relationship. That took a lot of guts IMO and it was very risky. But Jesse St. James is all about the no risk/no reward policy. Jesse and Rachel fell in love and with that epic love came epic heartbreak. Both of them though will be different and better people because of it.

I honestly don't think she would have cared at all in the first 13. She would have been the star and had her leading male role cast as another successful young star in the making. Rachel would have been on cloud 9 in the first 13 if that's when her and Jesse had been together. I just think that shows the type of development Rachel received this season as opposed to the other characters who still have not accepted Rachel for anything that she is.

I do doubt that Jesse was ever slushied. And I don't think Rachel was either as you pointed out. Everyone either fears, loves or is intimidated by Jesse St. James. Not to mention it would have messed up that gorgeous hair and not even the dumb jocks are stupid enough to cross that line.

I know I was always in Jesse/Rachel world during Glee. The most concrete memories I have of 'Home' are their background scenes. Everything else kind of goes over my head.
Indeed. The guy's a fighter. You can tell by the way he was so blunt when he first met Finn. The way he challenged Finn to a sing-off. This is a guy who does not tolerate failure and being stomped upon. I think the jocks could see that from miles away. You do not mess with Jesse St. James. And Rachel being his girlfriend? No one lays a hand against her.

Quote:
And with the bolded, Rachel wasn't ending their relationship when she told him she couldn't have sex with him. So really he didn't need to transfer schools to be with her. While he did transfer to McKinley to get closer to Rachel, I think it had become less about Shelby at that point but Shelby/Rachel was still part of the equation. And he was willing to endure the hostility that I'm sure he knew he'd get from the rest of ND which a less confident guy would not have been okay with. And yeah, I can't imagine that they're relationship and the ending that they had wouldn't profoundly effect both of them.

Exactly, Rachel had finally grown to realize that it doesn't always have to be about her. Which ended up making things 10x tougher for Jesse. And you're completely right, the other characters, with the exception of Puck, still treat Rachel the same way they've always treated her. I really hope that they keep the character development for Rachel and don't revert back to early season 1 where it was all "me, me, me" all the time.
Yes, she never had a single friend. I can see Finn being her friend but she's so infatuated with him and too caught up with making him hers that it overshadows their friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celitalaloca (View Post)
I think that Jesse is someone actually loved by his VA teammates, they've trained more than 9 hours in a daily basis for 4 years, there's no way they aren't either close or want to kill each other, and the fact that they chose to spend their spring break together means that they are close. Can you see Kurt expending any free time with Rachel at all? They are his friends, when we met Jesse he loved his life (just read the lyrics of "Highway to hell") I think that Shelby and his friends at VA are kind of his family, let's see:

- Shelby was close enough to tell him about her lost daughter and ask him to befriend her. That's not something you just ask to one of your students unless you know you can. And Jesse agreed to do it! I think they have a strong relationship of mutual trust. Besides Jesse was the only student she was holding hands with at regionals and they hugged when they won.
- The same people that was in the “egg club” was around Jesse waiting to know the winner of regionals, if you look at them you’ll see how some of them are touching Jesse like if they wanted to give him strength. Besides they cheered his name and upped him at their shoulders.
- Unlike Rachel that uses to be relegated to some corner in her choir room, Jesse is always in the middle of his group in VA and the rest of them are surrounding him, talking to him. His best friend seems to be Andrea though.

So I think that Jesse loves VA, Shelby and his friends, and they love him in return, but, even when they are aware that Jesse loves Rachel (he said it in front of them and he didn’t even bother in saying it in low voice) they are not willing to risk their future just because Jesse is in love. They made him choice to know where his loyalty lied and Jesse chose his friends.

I don’t think is just casual that in “funk” we saw how the cheerios panicked without their leader. We were told that four of the girls could lose their scholarships if they didn’t go to nationals, and we’re talking about a club that had been national champions for 5 years in a row. Why should it be any different to VA? What about Jesse’s scholarship or maybe not his but one of his friend’s? Look how nervous Andrea was while waiting to hear who won. Would a person whom slogan is “kill or get killed!” let his future get ruined just because one of his friends fell in love after 4 years of hard work? Besides, Jesse is a senior and Rachel in in sophomore year, they’ll have to get apart now or after the summer holidays because Jesse has to go to U.C.L.A.

We praise Rachel because even when she had feelings for Jesse chose to be loyal to her team; I won’t condemn Jesse if we learn that he did just the same thing. One of the recurrent themes of the season was that in order to be a leader and a team player sometimes you have to take one for the team.
This post! It all makes perfect sense and you gave so much more perspective to the opposing team.

Quote:
^^THIS. I kind of love that in Jesse's very first episode he made that distinction to Rachel b/c it actually makes his actions a little easier to understand down the road. The guy who stood in front of ND when he transferred and declared himself a star, that was Jesse St. James. The guy who wanted to help make Rachel's dreams come true, that was Jesse. In some ways, they're like night and day to me. Just looking at their very first meeting he was this cocky, arrogant bastard then flashforward to the auditorium with Rachel and the front of the star of VA is gone and he's so sweet and genuine.
Sometimes I think Jesse has bipolar disorder. But we all have that in all of us. It's a sort of defense mechanism and Jesse has mastered it to perfection. Until Rachel Berry, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrittnoel21x (View Post)
I seriously love Naya so much for that. I also remember reading that Jon wanted to hear Naya sing more on the show. I wonder if they're friends? It would actually make me happy for some odd reason?

On a side note, I totally just noticed that in this scene:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5...5ln3o1_500.png

He's carrying both their lunches on his tray so that he can hold Rachel's hand.
Thanks for pointing that out! Oh gosh, now I'm even more in love with them. And I didn't think that was possible. He did that just to hold her hands.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Absolute Fan

regular!sex is HOT!!!
hate!sex will be EPIC !
*Lifesavers#28(Martin/Sam)*Guardian Angel#6(Sydney/Vaughn)*Outlaws#62(Kate/Sawyer)*Jared Padalecki/Sam Winchester Supporter#27*DeanWinchester/Jensen Ackles Supporter#44*Texas Hunters#9(Sam/Dean/J2Supporter)*Mick St.John/Beth Turner Suporter#79*Fallen Angels#36(Sam/Ruby)*JP/GC#6*Traggic Love-Justin/Rebecca shipper*St.Berry Supporter#102*Soulmates LM&JG*SA fan#18*McDanno#34 (Steve/Danny H50 friendship)*Densi Supporter
Old 07-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

They were both really different around each other. It was beautiful to watch, really. They brought out the best from each other. Everytime they were together, it was as if they had their own little world and I love that.
I loved that about them too.. Jesse and Rachel were so at ease with each other that they didnt need to be all crazy about their future careers twenty-four seven
Old 07-22-2010, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dricks (View Post)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1RV6PQxuIw
OHMYGROFFTHATWASABSOLUTELYFREAKINGAND****INGHOT !!!!!!!!

this was HATE!SEX is should be !
IKR! That is how hatesex should be done. Take note Glee writers.