Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I Am Unicorn (3x02) - Episode Discussion

I Am Unicorn
3x02 - episode discussion

SHELBY CORCORAN RETURNS ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, ON FOX

Idina Menzel Guest Stars

Shelby Corcoran (guest star IdinaMenzel) returns to the halls of McKinley High. Meanwhile, Mr. Schuester initiates a boot camp for some of the members of New Directionson the all-new "I Am Unicorn" episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, September 27 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-302) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Heather Morris as Brittany; Harry Shum as Mike Chang and Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson.

Guest Cast: IqbalTheba as Principle Figgins; Dot-Marie Jones as Coach Beiste; Lauren Potter as Becky Johnson;Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta; Mike O'Malley as Burt Hummel; Idina Menzel as Shelby Corcoran
Old 09-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Woot! I'm excited. Thanks for the thread Noelle!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm pretty excited about this one too!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for staring. Love the ep title.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL I need to now what it's about
Old 09-26-2011, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT bb
Old 09-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

Can't wait for tonight!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 09-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm pretty excited! i wish I could get off work instead of watching at 2 am
Old 09-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt! i realy hope i like this eppy! i want quinn & beth & puck scenes!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

This was an okay episode it wasn't my favorite so that has yet to be seen. I wanted more Finn I really miss seeing a lot of him every week. I also loved the last scene where he was dancing. I was so proud of him and I litterally clapped cause he did great.

It was nice seeing Shelby, Beth is so cute but I really don't like Quinn at all this season. I loved that Puck saw Beth and I would like to see him be around her alot cause he can be a great father.

I felt bad for Kurt in this episode they were all so mean to him but I undrstand that he wasn't right for the lead of Tony in West Side Story. I think Blaine will get the role or it will go to someone else
Spoiler:

Good episode thought I really liked it.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 09-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Supreme Fan

I really liked the episode, though I think the storyline with Shelby is stupid.

I'm wondering who Will is singing to in the promo...
Old 09-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

He's singing to Emma obviously. She's the one with the OCD problem.

Over all I thought this episode was one big eye roll. I mean honestly it felt very contrived from start to finish.

Shelby wanting Quinn in Beth's life and she didn't think Quinn would want her back? Yeah, smart thinking there.

The whole Unicorn thing? Really? I just can't.

Kurt thinking he actually was appropriate for Tony? Really? Really?

The only thing I enjoyed was Will encouraging Finn with his dancing.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How many times has the Mercedes/Rachel diva thing been done?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 09-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed this one for the most part...not as good as the premiere, but it had its moments.

In Kurt's defense, I can't think of a single musical theatre guy that wouldn't want to play Tony. Is Blaine more appropriate? Probably. But that's mainly due to his leading man experience and rich range. I found it very appropriate and heart-breaking that Kurt's dreams were dashed. I mean, what are his other choices? His dad's right. They would have to churn out male leads from new plays or musicals. When they were all laughing at his acting/kissing skills, I could tell it really hurt. It's the most I've liked Kurt in quite a while.

That said, the unicorn stuff was just grodey. I can buy Brittany loving it but Kurt coming around at the end was super cheesy. The poster he provided is more him. Looking forward to Brittany doing something other than dating/making out with a Glee member though.

I'd love some Becky/Brittany scenes if a writer happens to be reading. Same with Artie/Quinn. I squealed when Mike Chang hugged Quinn. I guess I just want a romance for Quinn, Puck or not.

My biggest disappointment, however, is Quinn. She should leave well enough alone though it's perfectly understandable why she can't. The baby was the spitting image of her. What a beaut. I think this is Dianna's strongest acting to date and I've praised her acting in the past when few others did (not on FF, just around).

I cheered for Finn as well. I hope we get a career/stage career plot with him. He can do both. It might not just be at Rachel's level. Agreed with Rachel that he can pursue whatever makes him happy.

Jane had some great lines. "Golden marmoset." Her knocks at Emma never get tired.

Loved that single moment with Puck and Shelby. Again, really good acting by Mark. I'd like more of that.

Overall, I was pleased. Somewhere was gorgeous. It's like Idina and Lea were made to sing together. Blaine's number was good. I wish I didn't have to wait a week for Mercedes.

Will's tirade at Quinn was a long time coming. I would love more scenes between them too.

icon
Old 09-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Does anyone know where I can find a link to watch the episode?