Old 12-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hold on to Sixteen (3x08) - Episode Discussion

Hold on to Sixteen
3x08 - episode discussion

--“GLEE”—(8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

MCKINLEY HIGH HOSTS SECTIONALS ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” TUESDAY, DECEMBER 6, ON FOX

GUEST STAR CHORD OVERSTREET RETURNS TO THE GLEE CLUB

In an attempt to recruit a few more members, Finn tracks down former teammate Sam Evans (Chord Overstreet) and convinces him to come back to the glee club. Tina comes to the defense of Harry and encourages him to pursue his dream while McKinley prepares to host the big sectionals performance in the all-new “Hold On To Sixteen” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, Dec. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-308) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Heather Morris as Brittany; Harry Shum as Mike Chang and Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson.

Guest Cast: Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Keong Sim as Mike Chang; Idina Menzel as Shelby Corcoran; Damian McGinty as Rory Flannagan; Vanessa Legies as Sugar; Grant Gustin as Sebastian; John Schneider as Dwight Evans; Tanya Clarke as Mary Evan.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for opening this bb
Old 12-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt bb!
Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

you're welcome, bbs!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

new episode tomorrow already. week has flown by.

TFTNT.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

I just love how the people who write the episode summary can't tell Harry from Mike
Old 12-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Loyal Fan

TFNT!
I'm so excited for the episode becauseee Sammy is backk
Old 12-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Thanks for the new thread!
Cannot wait to see it

So glad Sam is back!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 12-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

yay sam is back!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Supreme Fan

The whole bringing Sam back was so bizarre...I mean I'm happy he's back, but that was stupid.

And goodbye to Shelby and Beth! I will not miss them.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Did Rory really say "girls smell better than ham." ? I love him
Old 12-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gonna watch this episode again and will post my review later.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 12-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Can we open a Brothers-in-law (Blaine & Finn) thread now?
Old 12-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

Sigh. Where has my precious show gone? I saw shades of it in the last five minutes. But just, sigh.

Sam coming back to sing Red Solo Cup, which was so wtf I don't know whether to laugh at the absurdity of it being a full length song, or shake my head in sadness at how bad things have gotten. Why did he come back again? He didn't really take any leads on the songs, he swayed in the background for the most part as an extra body. Not the most believable way to bring him back into the fold. Up and leaving his parents to go back to Ohio. Ok, sure.

And the idea that ND could win sectionals without Rachel, Santana, Mercedes and Brittany is just laughable. Just because they had a longer set, does not mean they're better. Man in the Mirror was the only good part of it, and I LOVE that they let Jenna sing, but it just was a mess. And I DO prefer the TT's, but it was obvious that they set them up to lose with the awful choreography. So I knew it going in, but it was still ridiculous writing to have the desired outcome.

Quinn. Oh Quinn. Dianna is legit playing her like she's a psycho. It's amusing, but frankly, pretty creepy. I do find it hard to believe that a few choice words from Shelby made her have a complete change of heart. It was a little jarring. But I am VERY glad that she's the one that convinced the TTs to rejoin ND. It was a great Unholy Trinity moment that also called back to the Mercedes/Quinn friendship from season 1. If they had to reincorporate them, I'm so thankful that it wasn't because Finn was blowing smoke up their butts or Will in his usual doucheness made them feel like crap coming back.

Speaking of Finn. He apologizes to Blaine for being a little catty with him. Ok. But he can't apologize to Santana for OUTING her? So much freaking hate. I know, I know, that's over and done with. But ugh, I literally almost got my eyes stuck rolling them at the obvious double standard. In fact, I was pretty much choking on all the testosterone this episode.

You know it's pretty bad when a Brittana fan is saying their favorite male character right now, is Artie. Just saying.

Overall it wasn't an episode that I actively hated. It was just forgettable. Which sucks, because the competition episodes are usually some of the really good ones. I guess that's what happens when RIB let it up to the newbies for once. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm literally begging for a RIB written episode at this point. I feel as though the new writers just don't have any grasp on these characters.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 12-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I feel as though the new writers just don't have any grasp on these characters.
This. I feel like it's all over the place.
The absurdity of Finn and Rachel traveling four hours to Kentucky in hopes that they can convince Sam to drop his life and sing with them made me lol.

I had high expectations since it was a competition episode, but it fell short for me. Too many storylines packed into one episode.