Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glee, Actually (4x10) - Episode Discussion

Glee, Actually
4x10 - episode discussion
‘TIS THE SEASON FOR HOLIDAY TALES ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE”
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13 ON FOX

In an homage to the beloved holiday film “Love, Actually,” seemingly separate storylines come together to form one merry GLEE episode. As the end of 2012 draws near, Sam and Brittany live their lives to the fullest before the Mayan Apocalypse occurs. Meanwhile, Jake and Puck spend quality sibling time together for Hanukah, Artie has a holiday dream that changes his outlook on life and Kurt has a Christmas he’ll never forget in the all-new “Glee, Actually” episode of GLEE airing on Thursday, Dec. 13 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-410) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Heather Morris as Brittany; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; and Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury.

Guest Cast: Dot Jones as Coach Beiste; Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta; Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson; Samuel Larsen as Joe Hart; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Dean Geyer as Brody Weston; Becca Tobin as Kitty; Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins; Alex Newell as Wade Adams; Damian McGinty as Rory Flanagan; Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri; and Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn.

Based on previous heated debates, we (moderators) have decided to list some guidelines and rules that need to be followed on all episode discussions here.
1. Do not bash any of the cast members or writers. Discussion should be about characters. Substituting an actors name for a character when discussing the character is not okay. They're not the same person. Respectfully critiquing someone's performance or a writer's contribution is fine, however, bashing and being rude about them is not. Offensive nicknames for the writers and cast-members are also not to be used here. This is against Fan Forum policy and is an insult to real people.

2. Feel free to visit the general discussion threads or the previous episode discussion threads here to continue talking about episodes that have already aired.

3. Be respectful to each other, moderators, and to every fandom despite your personal beliefs. Previous episode discussions presented us with problems and we'd like to prevent this from happening. We encourage a good debate, but let's keep it respectful. Personal attacks are not needed, nor allowed here. Targeting another poster on who they support or why their argument is invalid is also unnecessary. Please refer back to Fan Forum's rules regarding this. No matter who you support or ship, we are all fans and people, too.

4. This is a Glee Appreciation board. And as such, it is great to critique, debate and interact respectfully with the fans. But we cannot emphasize enough that calling the show, its cast and crew, etc. 'racist', 'homophobic' or 'sexist' is extremely offensive and will not be tolerated. This board isn't the place for these remarks. Please take it off site or keep it to yourself.
Thank you, everyone!

Happy Hunger Games Glee Discussion!

Last edited by ღfaithfully; 12-12-2012 at 07:11 PM
Old 12-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks bb
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

no worries
Old 12-13-2012, 04:16 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. thanks love
Old 12-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks for starting this new thread...

I think it will be better than last years Christmas episode
Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

who knows!! I don't really know what's gonna go on in this episode
Old 12-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've already listened to all the song and seen some of the behind the scenes stuff
Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

the au stuff should be cool
Old 12-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the episode so far
Old 12-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Artie's dream...like none of those things would happen if Artie wasn't in a chair
Rachel would ALWAYS be a singer and get out of Lima
Don't think Quinn is a text and drive kind of girl on a regular basis
Mike wouldn't be held back...
neither would Kurt.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

The worst episode in what has been an utterly disappointing season of Glee. Flat dialogue, forgettable takes on classic songs, and a sense of going through the motions start from the get go.

The first vignette is a take on It's A Wonderful Life in which Artie's different existence has led to much worse scenarios for others. However it is not made clear why exactly that would be. In It's A Wonderful Life, George Bailey's alternate universe makes sense. Here it does not. Why would any of these different scenarios exist if Artie could walk? Why? Why? The scenes are rushed. They aren't funny. They aren't moving. Also we get a Matthew Hodgson specialty as a storyline featuring Artie for some reason does not contain his current girlfriend Sugar.

The second vignette should work. Burt comes to New York and attempts to reconcile Blaine and Kurt. Instead the scenes don't have that unforced, lived in quality one is used to from Burt and Kurt. Instead it feels cheap and unconvincing. The only strong moment of the episode occurs though as Blaine and Kurt seem unable to cross their divide.

The third vignette is again flat. The idea of a Puck/Jake bonding storyline seems nice but here it feels uninspired. It seems as if the writer was given an idea and just tossed out some by the numbers dialogue.

The fouth vignette is the worst. Brittany (having completely forgotten Santana) and Sam (did Mercedes ever exist) pseudo marry. Sam continues to be reduced in intellect to a point this is one of the alltime retcons. The dialogue is unfunny, the double standards continue to be jaw dropping, and it is probable that there is a revenge against fans motive going on (something the show made clear last week with it's bewildering comments on lesbians).

The fifth vignette is only watchable because Marley/Marley's Mom and Sue/Becky work best off of each other. But it is maudlin and the emotions seem unearned.

None of the songs make any impact. Opportunities are missed. Double standards continue to be done. A whopping failure of an episode.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

THAT WAS A MESS!

i liked up until Burt said he had cancer everything else I didn't really like
Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

THAT WAS A MESS!

Old 12-14-2012, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a bit odd the way they put all together.

I liked the Klaine, Kurt/Burt scenes. I loved seeing Jake and Puck go along so well. I enjoyed seeing Marley's eating disorder taken seriously.

I kinda enjoyed the AU too but it was way too short.

I could have definitely done without all that Mayan disaster and a little bit more of Rachel.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by in a daydream (View Post)
THAT WAS A MESS!

I still liked that Burt, Kurt and Blaine got to spend time together. I saw some of the behind the scenes with the ice skating

I liked Arties dream, but don't think HE was the glue that started Glee club. It was Schu, Rachel and Finn. I hated that the Glee writers killed Quinn off in his dream

Sam/ Britt's brief marriage was a little unrealistic.... more of a joke really

Puck/ Jake's story seemed a little bit more realistic because there are families trying to blend in.

Barely any Rachel in the Ep.