Old 05-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Funeral (2x21) - Episode Discussion

Funeral (2x21) - Episode Discussion
—“GLEE”—(8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

A TRAGIC LOSS ROCKS LIMA ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE”

TUESDAY, MAY 17, ON FOX

Jonathan Groff Guest-Stars

New Directions continues to strategize their set list for Nationals with a little help from Jessie St. James. Meanwhile, an unexpected loss rocks the world of one of McKinley’s own in the all-new “Funeral” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, May 17 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-221) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Heather Morris as Brittany S. Pierce; Mike O’Malley as Burt Hummel

Guest Cast: Jonathan Groff as Jesse St. James; Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes; Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins; Josh Sussman as Jacob Ben Israel; Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Max Adler as Dave Karofsky; Charlotte Ross as Mrs. Fabray
Old 05-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Loyal Fan

I love Jesse About time someone called Finn out.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:20 PM
New Fan

Yeah I love how Finn stood up and how Sue showed us some of her pain and admitted that she didn't know how to deal with the loss of her sis
Old 05-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Great episode so far. Loving Jesse judging everyone's performances. Hilarious but he's also making some really good points. Loved that Rachel was singing about Finn. Lea sold that emotion. Poor Sue
Old 05-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Oh snap..that video of Sue's sister had me about to bawl. I think that was the best performance that the gang ever did just cause it was soo emotional.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 05-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Sue's eulogy made me bawl; like ugly-cry-face bawl. Then the song. So touching.
I'm glad they're moving Sue away from taking down Glee club.

RIB are so predictible. Who didn't see FQ breaking up, JR kissing and Finn walking in on it? Not that I don't want my Finchel, but come on.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Sue and her whole SL had me all the way through. I really like the Will/Sue relationship. When he stood up with her at the funeral and read the eulogy

Jesse was annoying please go away.

How long are they going to drag this FR thing out . . .

UGH wanted Quinn to dump Finn
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 05-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Actually loved this episode.

Jesse was mean though, but it's alright cause he is flawless to me

Also Finn was flawless as well. From the beginning to end.

Sue and her sisters death

Best scene of the episode: Fuinn breakup, not only because they are done, but because Di and Cory stole the scene acting wise and killed me.

Also, FR moments and flower!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

And also, Teri got closure. I love how both Will and Teri recognized that she did go off the deep end, but she had good intentions. I loved that gray area about Teri. So I'm glad they didn't just make her this evil person, she has more depth.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Good Epi! Loved that they had Sue let down her wall, everyone was able to see that she isn't a heartless person. The funeral was very sweet. Well done. Not a big fan of Jesse though..... Did like that Finn finally admitted his feelings for Rachel!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

Worst episode of the spring season for me. I was just bored the entire way through. Glee can do serious when they need to, but the entire episode felt like they did it just to try and redeem a cartoonish Sue. And get Jane another Emmy nomination. I just didn't feel the emotional resonance because it felt as though there was a very blatant agenda to it.

Plus, aside from Back to Black, the music was entirely meh for me.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 05-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

Back to Black was incredible

I thought this was a really good episode, well mostly... Jesse got on my nerves, and anything relating to drama tends to annoy me with this show, probably why I liked this episode so much... it lacked drama.

I enjoyed the QF breakup scene, not because they broke up, cause honestly I could care less... it was well acted.

This was a really good ep for everyone, acting wise.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 05-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't like the episode, or any of the song choices. I did like the spotlight on Sue, Jane was amazing. Jesse's comments was another redeeming quality. I really really don't like Finn, and I'm glad that Quinn is finally free of him.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Passionate Fan

please Glee, make Jonathan Groff a regular, pretty please
Old 05-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#Quinn Fabray is finally free from Finn!! FINALLY!

Quote:
Are you happy now? Is this me feeling enough for you?

he is the one who isn't good enough for you

I wish someone would just tell her how amazing she is, someone who actually cares about her, someone she can trust, not Rachel or Finn just so they can look like better people. Urgh Finn you are just....you used to be my favorite on this show...but now? You pretend that you are an amazing guy who can do no wrong but you are just as bad as everyone else. Who cares that you cheated on Quinn in season 1? Or that you didn't even care about screwing over Sam to get Quinn, in one episode you go craycray over Quinn hugging Sam but in the next you get into a fight with Jesse over Rachel..really? I wish they would have given Quinn some dignity and would made her dump him..but yeah I guess that would not be possible seeing as she is a female and you are the hero.

I love how Dianna is always trolling Ryan, ian and Brad she can get nothing to work with and still make the most emotional and moving scenes but still Dianna...you deserve so much better than this show...whatever you do, do not sign up for a season 4.

Jane rocked as usual...now I don't think RIB are talented enough for this kind of SL but thank god Jane is, so she could save it.

The rest just felt like a repeating SL that has been in every other episode blabla.

The promo had me loling wow this will be one big cliche finale...but at least the season will finally be over <3 Pretty much got nothing RIB told me i would get so...yeah just be over already.