Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless forms (View Post)
I don't know if it's the cause of the declining ratings or if something else is causing it, but they're definitely declining. I will say that I am sick of these "themed" episodes based on either an artist's catalog or something themed like "twerking." I miss season one episodes where the songs fit each person's story rather than a theme.
It'sastrange strategy. You get a new audience for one episode, but if you want to keep them something about the story has to draw interest.. If no new development in the story gives viewers a reason to return when songs they like less are featured all they get isone good week.
Some of you havestudied theratingssince the beginning. My efforts have failed except they get about three million every week.
The Britney Spears episode in season two had high ratings, but did the numbers keep up even a week later? Did episodes featuring certain early cast members like Tina, Terri or Lauren causea premature exit or delegation to second class status on the show? Did the few episodes that didn't feature any current top 40 hits do so badly they gave up except for tributes to legends?
Old 11-16-2013, 06:45 PM
New Fan

People, People this was a great episode, if you don't like the show then stop watching. I am really getting tired of complaints. The songs were great and so were the sub plots. Will mimicking Sue was great, and him standing up for unique, that was great too. If I were A Boy and Wrecking Ball were two of the standouts of the night. Rachel's duet was great too.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

We're allowed to complain. What's great about a thirtysomething teacher inciting students to pump their butts when they could be doing something educational? There was even one shot where Will was checking out Kitty's rump. This isn't the VMAs and at least Miley was twenty when she did it. That was ridiculous. And conveniently none of the parents complained. That storyline was a load of trash and Unique's plot deserved that time.

icon
Old 11-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We're all allowed to have different opinions. As long as it doesn't cross into bashing of an actor or another real person, and doesn't overtly bash a character, it's okay to not like certain aspects of an episode.

It is always good to add positive commentary, though. I try to focus on what I liked about the episode if possible. Most of the things I've seen as far as what wasn't liked is more constructive criticism of what would make the show more enjoyable for a certain poster.

We're not always going to agree, so we have to agree to disagree on most things.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 11-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I did miss Santana
Old 11-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

MEEEEEEE too. I didn't watch the episode because I wasn't sure if she'd be in it (and also I didn't want to cringe at the twerking), and sure enough, she was not.

The fact that they don't even explain where she was bothers me.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 11-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too. I don't get why she couldn't have been in those scenes with Kurt and Rachel
Old 11-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

I'm not a mod, but could we maybe tone down the hostility? I think people should be allowed to like or dislike the episode's story lines without being made to feel like idiots.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

The audience is obviously tired of poor storylines. Songs be damned. Considering early seasons didnt have half the amount of songs they do now, using so many in an episode no matter how hot it is right now on the charts is going to draw in the viewers. The show might as well be on Disney with how bad it has become.