Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The End of Twerk (5x05) - Episode Discussion

The End of Twerk
5x05 - episode discussion

"The End of Twerk" Press Release

YOU BETTER TWERK ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 14, ON FOX
The glee club learns the dance of the hour: twerking. Meanwhile, Marley discovers Jake’s relationship with Bree, and Rachel (Lea Michele) tries to convince Kurt they both should get tattoos in the all-new “The End of Twerk” episode of GLEE airing on Thursday, Nov. 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-505) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Kevin McHale as Artie; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Alex Newell as Wade “Unique” Adams; Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn; and Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson.

Guest Cast: Erinn Westbrook as Bree; Ryan Heinke as Stoner Brett; Bill A. Jones as Rod Remington; Earlene Davis as Andrea Carmichael; Peter Facinelli as Rupert Campion; Ioan Gruffudd as Paolo San Pablo

Based on previous heated debates, we (moderators) have decided to list some guidelines and rules that need to be followed on all episode discussions here.
1. Do not bash any of the cast members or writers. Discussion should be about characters. Substituting an actors name for a character when discussing the character is not okay. They're not the same person. Respectfully critiquing someone's performance or a writer's contribution is fine, however, bashing and being rude about them is not. Offensive nicknames for the writers and cast-members are also not to be used here. This is against Fan Forum policy and is an insult to real people.

2. Feel free to visit the general discussion threads or the previous episode discussion threads here to continue talking about episodes that have already aired.

3. Be respectful to each other, moderators, and to every fandom despite your personal beliefs. Previous episode discussions presented us with problems and we'd like to prevent this from happening. We encourage a good debate, but let's keep it respectful. Personal attacks are not needed, nor allowed here. Targeting another poster on who they support or why their argument is invalid is also unnecessary. Please refer back to Fan Forum's rules regarding this. No matter who you support or ship, we are all fans and people, too.

4. This is a Glee Appreciation board. And as such, it is great to critique, debate and interact respectfully with the fans. But we cannot emphasize enough that calling the show, its cast and crew, etc. 'racist', 'homophobic' or 'sexist' is extremely offensive and will not be tolerated. This board isn't the place for these remarks. Please take it off site or keep it to yourself.
Thank you, everyone!

Happy Hunger Games Glee Discussion!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so scared for the twerking oh gosh.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 11-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i am not excited for this
Old 11-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt!
icon: wolfsbane
Old 11-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Truth be told, I watched Grey's instead, but from what I saw in gifs... yeah no.

Rachel's tattoo of Finn's name was sweet, though.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well that was an hr of 2nd hand embarrassment. Wrecking Ball had to be one of the worst performances in Glee history. Sounded ok but it didn't need a visual. And can they stop the happy song to end the episode? They become lamer and lamer.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that was really bad. I only liked Rachel and Kurt.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

It was better than last week. That or I've just lowered my expectations.

Watching Mr. Schue twerk with students was, well, just wrong. I don't usually agree with Sue, but this time I kinda did. I wish the writers would give Becky something more to do than just shout obscenities, though.

And I wish Rachel's haircut had been real. I wonder how long she practiced taking off the hat without taking off the wig.

I liked Unique's storyline in this episode. And I liked how Will stood up for him. And Rachel's duet was pretty awesome.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 11-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't know if these episodes limited to small tidbits of contemporary pop culture are helping or hurting the show in the ratings, but episodes like the last two are guaranteed to give it minimal life in reruns when Lady Gaga becomes a dim memory and this strange activity is nearly forgotten.
There's a reason why no network has ever aired 1970s reruns of 60 Minutes.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by in a daydream (View Post)
that was really bad. I only liked Rachel and Kurt.
Same here. The Ohio part of the show is virtually unwatchable now.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't know if these episodes limited to small tidbits of contemporary pop culture are helping or hurting the show in the ratings
I don't know if it's the cause of the declining ratings or if something else is causing it, but they're definitely declining. I will say that I am sick of these "themed" episodes based on either an artist's catalog or something themed like "twerking." I miss season one episodes where the songs fit each person's story rather than a theme.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

That's all the writers know how to do now, is "theme of the week" or "tribute" of the week. We are already up to 3 tributes and are in for more which is insane. The show is clearly not about the characters and just using songs to help them express themselves anymore.

And while Uniques song was good, I felt that the writers really could've made it stronger and more emotional. Re-watching Uniques performance back and jeez did the writers/director drop the ball. Having it all take place in the choir room was just lazy. Should've had Unique wondering around the school seeing couples being all coupley in the hallway, on the bleachers watching football practice, cheerios being girly with each other, basically all the things that Unique wants and how different she is from the normal kids.

And of course they should've kept up Ryders uncomfortableness with Unique from the end of S4 instead of just sweeping it under the rug.

Even the performances are badly done and aren't creative anymore. People do better in fanfic than these professionals do that are getting paid. It is a shame because Glee has had sooooo much potential to go down as a one of the most creative shows of its generation but no one bts clearly cares.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 11-16-2013 at 04:01 AM
Old 11-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

What. On. Earth. Was. That. ?

This was the one ep where I didn't blame Sue for wanting Will fired. What thirtysomething man twerks with underage girl just to tick the principal off? And that argument to the school board was a sham. There's no comparing the waltz/mashed potato to twerking. Sorry to Miley's fans but she was wearing a flesh-colored suit and miming a sexual act which is far from the waltz when both parties are wearing full clothing. Will was a straight up idiot here....

If the Unique plot wasn't in the ep, I'd question Will's adulthood, but he stepped it up there. That should've been the main driving plot of this whole ep but of course we had to watch everyone twerk for about 15 minutes. More like fifteen minutes of nonsense.

I thought the short hair on Rachel was cute...better than the blonde highlights. Kurt is just so adorable and I loved Rachel thinking about getting a kitty cat. But the Finn tattoo was sweet. I personally don't want any ink but it was a nice plot.

Tina using the portapottie....bwah!

I thought Melissa's acting was good but Wrecking Ball was a miss.

I enjoyed the first and last songs, but could've done without the rest. When Becky yelled at Will, I died though. If Becky yells at Will, Sam, Blaine, Bree, or anybody else that annoys me within that ep, I'm buying this season.

eta: Will, Sue has mastered the epic meltdown. You were weak in that department.

icon
Old 11-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

TBH, I'm not sure which side on I'm in regards to twerking. I started out agreeing with Sue, but I honestly thought Will made some valid points during the presentation to the school board. Twerking really is just shaking your booty after all. To me, it looks ridiculous more than anything else. But again, I thought both sides of the debate were represented well.

I also loved Will's Sue Sylvester style meltdown. I thought it was one of the funniest scenes in the episode.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Extreme Fan

The episode should have been titled "The End of Glee" as this is truly the end.

What's up with these theme episodes? What's with the no character development? Why is this show no longer funny? What was up with Marley's rendition of Wrecking Ball? (she sounded horrible) What's with the unnecessary and out of place New York scenes? If you are going to focus your attention on Mckinley, just tell the story there.

The New York storyline is so ridiculous. They've just moved there last year (or w.e), and Rachel is already starring on Broadway, Kurt/Santana has successful careers in acting/fashion.....really? okay. Just feed lies to the viewer and tell them anything can happen if you just believe. *sarcasm*

Kinda over this show. all they care about is selling records on itunes. no character or story development and the show is no longer funny.

It's time to put it out of it's misery. imo

edit: so much this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
I thought Melissa's acting was good but Wrecking Ball was a miss.
the singing/the acting, everything was bad on her part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
That's all the writers know how to do now, is "theme of the week" or "tribute" of the week. We are already up to 3 tributes and are in for more which is insane. The show is clearly not about the characters and just using songs to help them express themselves anymore.
Agreed.