Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-19-2012, 02:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
Newton's Law is like the best fic ever
Newton's Law is my absolute favorite au fic. The buildup between Sam/Mercedes is the absolute best. This is an au story but this is how I imagined they started during/after prom, tenative friendship that slowly developed in something more over summer until Sam left for Kentucky. There is another story by the same author set in the future with them also but married with kids. It has about 5 chapters, this is the link:

Droplet's of Glitter
Droplets of Glitter Chapter 1: A Day in the Life, a glee fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Last edited by shopgirl318; 06-19-2012 at 02:26 PM
Old 06-19-2012, 02:20 PM
New Fan

Another long chaptered series that is really good is called "you weren't born this way" is pretty old but I discovered this randomly last week. It is mostly a friendship story but those are the best kind. There is something more between MS but it seems like it is teetering at the beginning. Takes place in season 2 but it gives me so many feelings anyway regardless of the non romance factor This story is really underrated and well written:

You Weren't Born This Way
You Weren't Born This Way Chapter 1: Something to Say, a glee fanfic - FanFiction.Net
Old 06-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღfaithfully (View Post)
awe those gifs They're too cute!
Aren't they amazing I just love Amber & Chord's natural chemistry with each other and how he makes her laugh with that big grin on his face

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl318 (View Post)
Haha! yay. lmao, good fiction will do that to you.
Totally, they are the only thing that keep me going through the hiatus.
I don't like really any fanfics that demonize other characters unless its canon that that character is a jerk (e.g. Karofsky). I don't read Quam fanfics but I don't like in Samcedes fanfics where usually it's Quinn but sometimes Rachel, are written like psychopaths. And I don't like when Samcedes are like instantly in love with each other. Those are my pet peeves.

Thanks for the additional fic recommendations
Old 06-20-2012, 09:28 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myna (View Post)
Aren't they amazing I just love Amber & Chord's natural chemistry with each other and how he makes her laugh with that big grin on his face

Totally, they are the only thing that keep me going through the hiatus.
I don't like really any fanfics that demonize other characters unless its canon that that character is a jerk (e.g. Karofsky). I don't read Quam fanfics but I don't like in Samcedes fanfics where usually it's Quinn but sometimes Rachel, are written like psychopaths. And I don't like when Samcedes are like instantly in love with each other. Those are my pet peeves.

Thanks for the additional fic recommendations
Your welcome. Here is also a link to the Samcedes fanfic tumblr page. They also take prompts and will write anything you want.
Dem Lips Those Abs Dat Azz

I find those kind of stories entertaining yet far fetched and crazy but I like them anyway as long as the characterization/dialogue isn't too ooc or ricidulous. They are a guilty pleasure thing for me but I don't hate Quinn well Rachel, that is debatable. Quinn wouldn't come between Samcedes like that she has far too much respect for the girl even if tptb forgot they were friends. Rachel practically ships SM in cannon and she has been quietly supportive. Her reactions to them in ep 3x15 and 3x12 was golden.

Sometimes fannon!Quinn is written more like seasons 1-2 version but more erractic so it's very jarring at times no matter what main pairing is involved. Quinn, Santana or Rachel is sent in as the self absorbed bitch, life ruiner, horrible friend or just unhinged and there is very little balance, even in fanfic the females bad qualities are over exaggerated to extremes. They act evil and selfish as hell but not toward Mercedes when it comes to love but every story needs a villan unfortnately and Q is written as the evil ex like Shane or random girls. I think because of all the love triangles Q has been involved in cannon it bleeds over with Sam/Mercedes in fannon + that throwaway scene in HOTS didn't help. Not saying it is okay or accurate but at times fans have a twisted perception of Q as a character in general. It is easy to cast her in that role as the troublemaker even in fiction because she has been there before with Rachel, Finn, Puck, Santana.

I do love sassy!Quinn. We don't see that enough in fanfic or hbic!Quinn using her power and bitchiness for good. Don't get me wrong broken yet strong Q is accurate after everything she has been through with Beth, Puck but future! well adjusted, sassy Q judging everyone just because she can is a riot. One thing I am forever grateful that didn't happen on glee was another love triad involving Quinn/Samcedes in season 3. I love Quinn, Sam and Mercedes equally + forever a MerSam shipper but oh no. I think tptb learned for once after Shane.

Last edited by shopgirl318; 06-20-2012 at 10:42 PM
Old 06-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Passionate Fan

^Thanks for the link. And I totally agree with you on everything

I also agree that throwaway Quam scene in HOTS didn't do Quam nor Samcedes any good. I don't get the writers sometimes why was that necessary?
Old 06-23-2012, 12:30 AM
New Fan

^Agreed. One on hand I am kinda glad Quinn was shot down by Sam but the way tptb did it was terrible. I get why Q did it, and this wasn't really because she missed Sam but she was looking for sperm donor [+ anyone to love her then admitted she never loved Puck or Sam in cannon.] so boom! Sam was single, he treated her well in season 2 better than Puck or Finn + the dude is a really good guy. The way Q was told her problems was insignificant compared to someone like Kurt or even Sam was just awful.

I also hated that tptb seem to show little respect Quinn as a character + 80% of her plots was unecessary and every single one of her romances had such false starts. I would have loved if Quick reconnected even as friends because they were both missing Beth; so seeing Shelby again teaching TT at Mck as a vocal coach brought feelings up again in her instead of turning her into a baby stealer. I would have even preferred to see her be single and work on her self and for the writers to continue the Quartie/Quinncedes friendship or given her a real romance.

Last edited by shopgirl318; 06-23-2012 at 09:23 PM
Old 06-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 06-23-2012, 09:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღfaithfully (View Post)

Aw! flirty!Mercedes. One thing I love about the Sam/Mercedes ship is that there is different sides of her tptb ignored before. She lusted after Sam for a quite a few episodes and I am convinced they had more than one kiss after the HN scenes/duet offscreen + she was really vunerable and closed off with her guard up around Sam also. [headcannon alert!]

We have already seen Sam with his overzealousness and other traits. lmao! [Quinn and Mercedes] It is Mercedes turn. lol!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Passionate Fan

^That's totally one of my fav Samcedes moments. The boy was breaking his neck to watch her and even though she had a bf she just couldn't stay away from Sam. Seriously whatever went down over the summer was amazing!

Have I posted this bts pic before?

I just love this
Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM
New Fan

^I am not sure but that photo and this image from the bts footage is one of my favorites. SM are too adorable. Rileystreet had more moments during the behind the scenes stuff than the actual episode. Rumor has it the "Heart" script has been purchased and the fan is gonna post the Sam/Mercedes deleted scene by Sam's locker. I hope the original script for Prom is released and maybe 3x17, they both were my least favorite episodes but I am just curious about the context.

Adding more favs below to your goregous photo Myna:

Last edited by shopgirl318; 06-24-2012 at 06:52 PM
Old 06-24-2012, 05:20 PM
New Fan

A few more cute moments from prom 2012. These 2 were the true king/queen that night and there was no drama, tears or rejection at all but dancing the night away. Mercedes was goregous and happy while Sam just acted like a big kid. Season 3 gotten so many things wrong this year but Samcedes at prom for the 2nd year in a row together dancing and laughing again killed me. aw! I hated the episode but these 2 were perfect anyway.

Last edited by shopgirl318; 06-24-2012 at 06:47 PM
Old 06-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Passionate Fan

OMG WOW It's like Samcedes x-mas!!!

I love looking at that bts photo. I'm like wondering what in the world was going on? Why were they staring at each other like that?

And the "boop" priceless!! Amber and Chord look like they were really having a good time!

I totally agree with you, I really didn't like the episode, Samcedes and the Prom performances were the only things I liked.

And if the Samcedes Heart scene is released you have got to let us know!! I will probably literally die
Old 06-26-2012, 08:34 PM
New Fan

^I will let you guys know as soon I know something about the Heart script but my heart will stop if we have access to The Spanish Teacher also, those held my favorite scenes. Tbh I want to read the whole thing and not just one part but I will take what I can get. There is another gif from prom of Sam/Mercedes dancing with the extras; Chord is doing a body roll and Amber's face is so priceless. I swear she was saying stop Chord! lmao!

So what was your favorite stories besides the ones you listed already? How was Born This Way??

Last edited by shopgirl318; 06-26-2012 at 10:12 PM
Old 06-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Passionate Fan

I updated the OP! I know finally right? Sorry but it's done

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl318 (View Post)
^I will let you guys know as soon I know something about the Heart script but my heart will stop if we have access to The Spanish Teacher also, those held my favorite scenes. Tbh I want to read the whole thing and not just one part but I will take what I can get. There is another gif from prom of Sam/Mercedes dancing with the extras; Chord is doing a body roll and Amber's face is so priceless. I swear she was saying stop Chord! lmao!

So what was your favorite stories besides the ones you listed already? How was Born This Way??
I don't think I've read Born This Way. I am reading As Far As the Eye Can See and it's very good. Only You & Creature were phenomenal!!! I should add them to the OP too
Old 06-28-2012, 12:12 PM
New Fan

From Lima designs: